African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Admittedly, this describes me. I know my ancestors are predominantly Nigerian, Ghanaian and Congolese but home to me is Antigua and the nine other islands in which my family is rooted. Tbh I just started looking into my African roots a few years ago. Very few people in my family have any interest in anything beyond the Caribbean/North America.

yeah home to me is Jamaica, since I was born there but we have this BIG *** CONTINENT with all the natural resources thats our true home. While the Europeans (historically) and Chinese (now) are reaping the benefits, its insane.

Admittedly, this describes me. I know my ancestors are predominantly Nigerian, Ghanaian and Congolese but home to me is Antigua and the nine other islands in which my family is rooted. Tbh I just started looking into my African roots a few years ago. Very few people in my family have any interest in anything beyond the Caribbean/North America.

And that is common and normal behavior, Most people are going to relate to the culture them & their families were raised around. So while we all may have originated in Africa we are talking 1000's of years & countless splits & migrations. I just don't see how much relatability & sense of "home" can be found there over night.

And that is common and normal behavior, Most people are going to relate to the culture them & their families were raised around. So while we all may have originated in Africa we are talking 1000's of years & countless splits & migrations. I just don't see how much relatability & sense of "home" can be found there over night.

just by looking at your avy, I know you wont mean much to this topic. The Transatlantic slave trade ended around 300-400 years ago. How is that thousands?

just by looking at your avy, I know you wont mean much to this topic. The Transatlantic slave trade ended around 300-400 years ago. How is that thousands?

If you believe that nobody from Africa migrated around the world prior to the transatlantic slave trade then hey. But lets say it's only been 300 -400 years, that is 4-5 generations back & people whe were bought in as slaves & literally had their culture erased.... it still wouldn't translate to many people today.

also my Avi is of politicians clearly pandering to black people, if that disqualifies me from talking about black history :lol:

If you believe that nobody from Africa migrated around the world prior to the transatlantic slave trade then hey.

also my Avi is of politicians clearly pandering to black people, if that disqualifies me from talking about black history :lol:

we all know that Africans were migrating long before the slave trade, but you made it seem as if we have been split from Africa for thousands of years. Your previous comments on here didnt seem genuine to the conversation and more on the trolly side thats all.

we all know that Africans were migrating long before the slave trade, but you made it seem as if we have been split from Africa for thousands of years. Your previous comments on here didnt seem genuine to the conversation and more on the trolly side thats all.

Well those who have relatives who migrated & settled in different lands would have been split from African culture for an extremely long time, which again explains why people are so hesitant to call Africa home.

I'm not trolling at all, If tomorrow every black person woke up & vehemently agreed that they stem from Africa, Okay what's next?

that doesn't stop the ignorance between cultures, it doesn't stop the effects of slavery, it doesn't solve the divide between different black cultures etc etc. Someone saying their home is Jamaica or Haiti, or America etc etc doesn't disqualify them from establishing some kind of partnership & diplomacy with Africa, I just don't think trying to force everyone to accept Africa as their home & culture is a tangible thing.

Well those who have relatives who migrated & settled in different lands would have been split from African culture for an extremely long time, which again explains why people are so hesitant to call Africa home.

I'm not trolling at all, If tomorrow every black person woke up & vehemently agreed that they stem from Africa, Okay what's next?

that doesn't stop the ignorance between cultures, it doesn't stop the effects of slavery, it doesn't solve the divide between different black cultures etc etc. Someone saying their home is Jamaica or Haiti, or America etc etc doesn't disqualify them from establishing some kind of partnership & diplomacy with Africa, I just don't think trying to force everyone to accept Africa as their home & culture is a tangible thing.

We are at the bottom of the barrel on damn near every socio economic standards there are, we need a change, WORLDWIDE. Enslavement on this side and colonization on that side has left the black race broken everywhere.

We don't own anything ANYWHERE, not even in AFRICA. We dont have our own religion, nothing of serious substance we actually own and we are the creators.

We need to unite somehow and the most basic thing to do is agree that we are black people and our ancestral home is Africa its at least a start.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f...newsntp&cvid=c55d504ed7374433b280c9aafda009ce

They are removing photos of MLK and Obama from schools because its not appropriate for children.

Which of yall voted Republicans again?
Thats my hometown. My grandmother used to teach at that school. The wild thing(not really) is that its a predominately black school. Thats Pensacola for you. Idk you asking who vote republican. Im starting to think think quite understand you’re forgetting what “minority” means.

Thats my hometown. My grandmother used to teach at that school. The wild thing(not really) is that its a predominately black school. Thats Pensacola for you. Idk you asking who vote republican. Im starting to think think quite understand you’re forgetting what “minority” means.

Which of the 2 parties is all up in arms about black history and anything resembling the truth being taught in schools?

Which of the 2 parties is the one who introduced legislature to ban words like "Civil rights" and "slavery" in schools?

Dont play stupid bro

Which of the 2 parties is all up in arms about black history and anything resembling the truth being taught in schools?

Which of the 2 parties is the one who introduced legislature to ban words like "Civil rights" and "slavery" in schools?

Dont play stupid bro
I get that part, but what makes you think anyone IN THIS THREAD voted Republican? Is that’s not what, “Which of yall voted Republicans again?”, infers?

4C62A16B-CA79-4200-B591-844AA0D379A6.jpeg

328E31CB-83C1-4B8D-8966-51EB68B743E2.jpeg

tbt - 2019 and 2021

🤔 what/which comment do you mean?
I should say that I didn't watch the video when I commented, and the exchange seemed a lot more lighthearted than the transcript made it appear.

I was talking about the way Usman asked to be spoken to in Pidgin. The fact that Udoka's choice to speak normal English brought into question the authenticity of his Nigerian identity is what bothered me.

The point about class had to do with how, depending on the country, pidgin is either seen as the language of the low classes that respectable individuals should shy away from, or as an important marker of national identity.

F6582876-9C85-4F5B-B3AB-6FA820AAEB07.jpeg

This is Candace Owens baby shower picture. There is absolutely nothing else that needs to be said

That's rough. Honestly it's not just her. These high profile republican types can only be around a specific type of person. It puts a lot of limits on your dating life etc. Conservative white dudes complain about getting dates because normal women don't play that sh**. I can't imagine the type of isolated existence that must be for a black person. And I know most of these women are probably not her friends

Tbh I'm surprised she wasn't the only sister (I feel weird even referring to her as one) there. She seems like the type to take pride in being the only black person in a group.

I can't believe she has some Virgin Islands ancestry. I hope I'm not related to her in some way.

Back
Top Bottom