African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Remember what them rich folk said? :lol:

download.jpg

https://pagesix.com/2022/09/06/diddy-vows-to-boycott-adidas-after-yes-feud-with-the-brand/

Welcome to the year 2022 Diddy, these people are acting as if we shouldnt have boycotted these brands a long time ago.
He sure as hell wasn't talking boycott when Gucci nem were wilding. He won't be seen without some Prada or Balenciaga garbage but don't want ****** rocking adidas.

**** kanye and if he really was a boss like he says he is he would have put his money where his mouth is and started the Yeezy line dolo, if Telfar or Emory can do it, he could have too.
He's only black when he needs black people to buy his ****, let him ask his Calabasas people to boycott

He sure as hell wasn't talking boycott when Gucci nem were wilding. He won't be seen without some Prada or Balenciaga garbage but don't want ****** rocking adidas.

**** kanye and if he really was a boss like he says he is he would have put his money where his mouth is and started the Yeezy line dolo, if Telfar or Emory can do it, he could have too.
He's only black when he needs black people to buy his ****, let him ask his Calabasas people to boycott

not familiar with what telfar/emory have built? in any case, i don’t hold it against him that he went in with larger brands to leverage what they have for his brand & it could eventually build into learning from what their processes if/when he does decide to be solo. i also think it is a smart, albeit maybe in poor taste, to try to use his celebrity to move negotiations? or get a better deal

When haven’t the rich or powerful tried to use their status to leverage to their benefit?

Now with social media they use disinformation to sway the people to outrage toward an institution to obtain the outcome they desire. Like an election or avoiding impeachment. Or getting one’s masters back. Or getting the rights to the TV show you didn’t own but creatively drove.

When haven’t the rich or powerful tried to use their status to leverage to their benefit?

Now with social media they use disinformation to sway the people to outrage toward an institution to obtain the outcome they desire. Like an election or avoiding impeachment. Or getting one’s masters back. Or getting the rights to the TV show you didn’t own but creatively drove.

true, while i think it shrewd…i think there will always be something to honoring your word, and obviously not being privy to the details of his arrangements with these brands it seems he is trying to change the terms by using his influence to get the minutest of controls; which doesn’t seem feasible given how his attention is split across multiple industries at this point

Back
Top Bottom