African Descendants ✊🏿 Black People - Americas, Africa, Caribbean Culture Discussion

Still waiting on HVD deusavertat deusavertat to show where I said black women haven't done anything to help themselves? Also need some statistics to show how black men have held back black women from getting an education and being successful.?

Still waiting on layziegunts layziegunts to show me something I posted that led him to ask me if I love black women? That 💩 was so over the top and disrespectful :stoneface:

Bro, we get that you are married to a black woman and thats great but you give off vibes that you love a black woman but you dont love black women in general. Come on man, dont waste peoples time.

DA463FC5-D6DB-4833-BC4C-20E72925F912.jpeg
jesus is real, kid.

Bro, we get that you are married to a black woman and thats great but you give off vibes that you love a black woman but you dont love black women in general. Come on man, dont waste peoples time.
More dumb 💩 from you

You don't honor or respect black marriage so no use in me responding to anymore of your ignorance

Slavers loved black women. Being married to one means nothing if you think you are superior to them.

semi-related sidebar: while i think i understand the context by which you are using the analogy (not necessarily co-signing the assessment or comparison tho 😂) why should considering one’s self superior invalidate being married? wasn’t this basically the case for millennia?? even if a man were to think himself ‘superior’ to his mate (as an ideal 50/50 makes sense and it is probably more attainable for most people, but i wonder if it is ever is really the case, one person almost always has ✋🏿) i’d argue both men & women would prefer that the man were ‘superior’ if one person had to be…

semi-related sidebar: while i think i understand the context by which you are using the analogy (not necessarily co-signing the assessment or comparison tho 😂) why should considering one’s self superior invalidate being married? wasn’t this basically the case for millennia?? even if a man were to think himself ‘superior’ to his mate (as an ideal 50/50 makes sense and it is probably more attainable for most people, but i wonder if it is ever is really the case, one person almost always has ✋🏿) i’d argue both men & women would prefer that the man were ‘superior’ if one person had to be…

My man used his marriage to a black woman to validate his misogynistic views. This is nothing new.

My man used his marriage to a black woman to validate his misogynistic views. This is nothing new.

admittedly haven’t followed the whole back & forth…maybe i missed something but i only saw that admittance in response to the some assertion related to negatively viewing black women? do you believe superiority ≈ misogyny? i think misogyny is used too loosely & is often confused for/with plain sexism…

Last edited:
admittedly haven’t followed the whole back & forth…maybe i missed something but i only saw that admittance in response to the some assertion related to negatively viewing black women? do you believe superiority ≈ misogyny? i think misogyny is used to loosely & is often confused for/with plain sexism…

Yes I believe thinking men are superior to women is sexist AND misogynistic.

He refused to acknowledge the fact that women have been leaders in Africa and at times have saved men from themselves like in Rwanda. Go back and read the discussion for context before commenting. Misogyny and sexism are both aggressions against women.

Yes I believe thinking men are superior to women is sexist AND misogynistic.

He refused to acknowledge the fact that women have been leaders in Africa and at times have saved men from themselves like in Rwanda. Go back and read the discussion for context before commenting. Misogyny and sexism are both aggressions against women.

i was trying to use it to sort frame the question, you’re right tho, i replied to that part out of ignorance of the whole convo, that’ s my bad…

to your response tho, i guess it is down to how/what one defines misogyny as? what if it is a singular case, i.e. a man thinking he is superior to his woman (or women) but not necessarily extending to all men (or women for that matter) or even men in general, or contextual, like believing to be superior certain areas, would those still be an agression against women? and again i would say that women generally prefer the man to be ‘superior’ even if they don’t consciously or openly articulate that sentiment, is that also an aggression against women too? there is definitely some overlap in the misogyny & sexism (maybe throw ignorance in there too) venn diagram but they aren’t the same thing, even if they can appear similar i don’t think they have the same outcomes altho admittedly there can be instances where they do…

i was trying to use it to sort frame the question, you’re right tho, i replied to that part out of ignorance of the whole convo, that’ s my bad…

to your response tho, i guess it is down to how/what one defines misogyny as? what if it is a singular case, i.e. a man thinking he is superior to his woman (or women) but not necessarily extending to all men (or women for that matter) or even men in general, or contextual, like believing to be superior certain areas, would those still be an agression against women? and again i would say that women generally prefer the man to be ‘superior’ even if they don’t consciously or openly articulate that sentiment, is that also an aggression against women too? there is definitely some overlap in the misogyny & sexism (maybe throw ignorance in there too) venn diagram but they aren’t the same thing, even if they can appear similar i don’t think they have the same outcomes altho admittedly there can be instances where they do…

Lol lets not play this superiority game, because insecurtities by men in here stems from black women apparently being more educated and succesful in the corporate America than black men which is a lie. Educated, yes more succesful, no.

And obviously all men dont think this way. I want my wife to do well in life, insecure men do not.

Last edited:
Lol lets not play this superiority game, because insecurtities by men in here stems from black women apparently being more educated and succesful in the corporate America than black men which is a lie. Educated, yes more succesful, no.

And obviously all men dont think this way. I want my wife to do well in life, insecure men do not.

in terms of the superiority aspect, that doesn’t prevent respecting the other party, one can just think they are ‘better.’

i wouldn’t necessarily call it insecurity in all cases, because while there are fasho insecure dudes women being educated and/or successful is usually just cool +, it isn’t usually an attraction point for men, often it is viewed as unattractive because women expect & try to get dudes to value it the same way women tend to.

as you note, the prevailing perception is that (black) women are outperforming (black) men (which may eventually be the case in some places) the average (black) man still out earns the average (black) woman…this dissonance is definitely creating some chronically dissatisfied women & salty dudes in a perpetual cycle

insecure or not i think it depends on what the doing well is & to what degree…one of the interesting anecdotes i have seen cited is that women who receive a salary increase that moves her in excess of her partner often precipitates a breakup and the statistic for most women filing for divorce with finances popularly referenced as the most cited reason…i think men inherently know if the woman becomes more successful or if the man fall off for too long it both increases what will be potentially required of him & the potential she will chuck him the deuces, some men deal with such an imbalance with positives compensations but there is research that some men do tend to get violent in these circumstance as a form of ‘mating guarding’ so while the insecurity might be wrong, it would seem to be founded by the data 🤷🏿‍♂️

so we get a movie about black women as warriors and brothers are upset, bruh I swear we wont ever get anywhere. Why are we so small and petty?

🤣🤣🤣 this isn’t happening in a vacuum, folk been outchea almost protesting because the new mermaid is black, losing their minds over fictional characters, so no the pettiness isn’t particular to black men…furthermore, misguided or not there is a general perception amongst men today generally that there some agenda to prop up women’s strength(s) at the expense of men

🤣🤣🤣 this isn’t happening in a vacuum, folk been outchea almost protesting because the new mermaid is black, losing their minds over fictional characters, so no the pettiness isn’t particular to black men…furthermore, misguided or not there is a general perception amongst men today generally that there some agenda to prop up women’s strength(s) at the expense of men

do you believe women are being propped up as the expense of us? yes or no?

Steve Harvey Recalls Giving His Son's Friend $400K To Invest On His Behalf, 'He Gave Me Ten Times That Money In Two Years'

Photo Credit: Paras Griffin
BUSINESS , FINANCE

Steve Harvey Recalls Giving His Son's Friend $400K To Invest On His Behalf, 'He Gave Me Ten Times That Money In Two Years'​

Shanique Yates
Shanique Yates. Sep 20, 2022.
Sometimes it’s the children who know best.
Steve Harvey, whose real name is Broderick Stephen Harvey Sr., once offered his eldest son Broderick Jr. a position working for him. While he declined the job, he had a good idea of someone that he thought might be the better candidate.

“I wanted my son to help me run my company, my oldest son Broderick whose in television,” said Steve during an appearance on Earn Your Leisure.
Instead, his son told him that if Steve really wanted his business to grow, it was best he hired his best friend, Thabiti Stephens.
“And that was smart of him because he could’ve taken that check,” Steve also said.

He encouraged his father by explaining that Stephens had more experience that would help to grow his business.
At the time, Stephens had just graduated from Morehouse College with honors and had offers on the table from Ivy League institutions across the nation. He had plans of attending and getting into exports and imports.
Steve took his son’s advice and decided to give him an opportunity within his company.

“I hired him and gave him a salary that would save all that going to school for him,” said Steve, who also explained why Stephens has managed to stay with the company for all of these years.

“The way we started was, I gave him $400,000, and said, ‘Hey man, show me what you’d do in the stock market,'” Steve explained during the episode.
He continued: “When I tell you that he gave me ten times that money in two years and then has quadrupled it again. That money is just sitting over there making money.”

According to a previous report from AfroTech, Steve Harvey’s net worth sits at $200 million.
While he may be a well-known entertainer and businessman today, prior to his rise to fame, the 65-year-old worked several jobs before landing a gig in stand-up comedy.

do you believe women are being propped up as the expense of us? yes or no?

no. that said there is a double standard, which is what it is, that is much more critical of the way men tend to speak that adds to that perception tho…and to a point someone made earlier people are so ensconced in their bubbles they don’t always have the perspective to see beyond their own perception(s)

no. that said there is a double standard, which is what it is, that is much more critical of the way men tend to speak that adds to that perception tho…and to a point someone made earlier people are so ensconced in their bubbles they don’t always have the perspective to see beyond their own perception(s)
I read your "no" and then after that I had no idea what you were saying after that bro

I read your "no" and then after that I had no idea what you were saying after that bro

i’m saying that in general, women are not only appealed to more via popular media but their criticism(s) of men aren’t taken to be nearly seriously as ‘aggressions and/or sexist’ as men’s criticism(s) of women…which i think most people can understand to be a double standard that exists for various reasons, which some people are too invested in no seeing/understanding

i’m saying that in general, women are not only appealed to more via popular media but their criticism(s) of men aren’t taken to be nearly seriously as ‘aggressions and/or sexist’ as men’s criticism(s) of women…which i think most people can understand to be a double standard that exists for various reasons, which some people are too invested in no seeing/understand

I dont know if im stupid today but I read that like 3 times and I dont know what youre getting at. Today im just stupid, lol take care my man.

Back
Top Bottom