After 13 years of eBay, I'm officially done Update: They ruled in buyers favor OUTRAGED..Update 2 TH

This is why I withdraw the money from an auction as soon as it hits my Paypal account. I've learned quickly that PayPal will never ever take the L.

Additionally I now video tape myself packing the item & mailing it. (No cuts)

The other scam other people love to pull, and I hope all of you are aware of this one, is asking the seller to ship to an address that isn't the confirmed one.
Thus happened to my friend , he was new to ebay, received an offer and took it. He shipped to the address on the guys eBay account, not the Paypal address, and eventhough my friend had tracking and everything PayPal told him he should have shipped to the confirmed address.

Oh, so the conclusion with my story? Friend got scammed for his pair of NA Air Jordan 3's and PayPal put his account in negative 400
SMH.

But if you sell on ebay/paypal, they require an account to be tied in. so even if you withdraw the money, cant they automatically hit your account?

after hearing these stories i really get shook on selling too.

Even if it isnt through ebay, but just paypal transaction not gift, say for instance here on NT. cant someone pul the same thing? Only thing legit seller can do is make a thread on NT for the detectives to harass dood etc.

Thats why unless person wanting to buy my shoes is an actiev member with x amount of posts thats been registered here on NT for a while. ill ask if they can send it as gift. i got my feedback/reps/history against their nothing so from waht i see, i have the most to lose. if they dont. no biggy. ill sell it on craigs.

--------

EDIT, i see you CANT just withdraw, the reason why i said above was i have seen the warnings already that they can go directly to your linked account. so withdrawing from paypal wont do you any good.

unless you sign up for a new account with a bank just for paypal use. and everytime you withdraw, go the atm/bank right away and get that cash money and put it in your OTHER account paypal don't haev access to lol

yea they sent that msg out a while ago. i know i saw it before. the trust issues will be high these days on selling online. ill take less to sell it locally on craigs instead of feeling shook thinking ill lose the shoes and the full amount

Not to thread jack but I am just going through some simple ebay gripes as well. I bought some sunglasses online with a buy it now price and I was expected to get them this past Thursday but never got anything. I contacted the e-bay seller twice now and they have not repsonded back and my funds were taken out this past 25th. Do I go through E-bay to dispute a problem or paypal? Honesty I have never really gone through this and it's been a while since I've bought something on E-bay. Thanks.

Open a case. I'm pretty sure you can file a "Item not received" case and then if you receive it and it's not what you were expecting, you can change it to "Item not as described." Keep e-mailing him though and hit him with the ol "if you continue to leave me out of the loop and not provide tracking info I will be forced to leave you negative feedback and pursue action with eBay, Paypal, and my CC company."

Paypal/ebay not worth it in todays landscape. As a seller you will get screwed over sooner or later. Its not a question of if but when. Those people that screwed the nters here, karma will will find those scumbags. Hope everyone stays away from ebay/paypal when selling.

well how the hell do you want people to pay if you dont use paypal?

its used and accepted by everyone, its the norm.

im legit as hell and have been for the last 10 years and no matter the site im on. If you request cash/check/money order people would say screw it and move on.

its paypal or nothing with most people these days.

glad i have a fake bank account attached to my account :lol: :pimp:

plus no one has ever tried to screw me over so far but doesnt mean it wont happen the next time i sell something... :smh:

I don't understand how a buyer, 6 days after the fact, can just file a chargeback and have the money refunded on the spot without notifying the seller. It just boggles the mind.:smh:

Last edited:
Paypal is the worst. I bought a pair of South Beaches from this girl. To make a long story short she scammed me and didn't respond to none of emails once she got her money. Paypal told me they couldn't do anything because I gifted the money but to file a claim with my cc company which I did. Then I was advised by a Paypal supervisor to close the claim with the cc and he would take care of it. Both claims were closed and Paypal had me running back and forth between them and my cc company. They provided a provisional credit eventually warning me it might be removed and I told them that's fine because once they checked the records they'll see I was scammed. This was November/December. Freakin February they removed it and I went off. I got so fed up with them that I eventually just filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and FINALLY the issue has been resolved.

If you can. Maybe you should file a claim with BBB against them. They always come through in your behalf.

Last edited:
Paypal is the worst. I bought a pair of South Beaches from this girl. To make a long story short she scammed me and didn't respond to none of emails once she got her money. Paypal told me they couldn't do anything because I gifted the money but to file a claim with my cc company which I did. Then I was advised by a Paypal supervisor to close the claim with the cc and he would take care of it. Both claims were closed and Paypal had me running back and forth between them and my cc company. They provided a provisional credit eventually warning me it might be removed and I told them that's fine because once they checked the records they'll see I was scammed. This was November/December. Freakin February they removed it and I went off. I got so fed up with them that I eventually just filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and FINALLY the issue has been resolved.

If you can. Maybe you should file a claim with BBB against them. They always come through in your behalf.

Very smart, I actually never thought of contacting the BBB for this kind of situation.

Glad it worked out for you.

That's on you right there.  

You can block that very easily.

Not that easy my friend...check this:

•Provisions relating to PayPal accounts. We have updated the Policy to reflect our ability to remove funds from a seller’s PayPal account in a currency other than the currency of the transaction at issue where the seller does not have sufficient funds available in the transaction currency.

Welp, time to disconnect da old bank account...

LOL at sending as a gift

Very smart, I actually never thought of contacting the BBB for this kind of situation.

Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks! Yeah BBB is def a life saver. When these company's credibility is in question they get shooked when BBB gets involved.

Absolutely. That will be the first and last time I do that. My issue however was Paypal constantly gave me the wrong advice. From employee to supervisor. No one gave me the same answer the numerous times I contacted them. On top of that you can't tell a consumer they'll take care of a matter, and close a claim with someone else and then screw you further. The issued would of been resolved months ago if the supervisor never gave me false information.

Absolutely. That will be the first and last time I do that. My issue however was Paypal constantly gave me the wrong advice. From employee to supervisor. No one gave me the same answer the numerous times I contacted them. On top of that you can't tell a consumer they'll take care of a matter, and close a claim with someone else and then screw you further. The issued would of been resolved months ago if the supervisor never gave me false information.
I feel you.  Paypal/eBay customer service is abysmal from my experiences, too.  Bottom line is that they don't really give a damn because who else are you gonna use to receive/send money and do online auctions?  They do what they want and we all complain but still go along with it out of necessity.  Bastards.  

Welcome to the club OP. This is how my story played out 
mean.gif

http://niketalk.com/t/528533/does-p...-vol-yes-another-scam-thread/90#post_17491239

Last edited:
LOL at sending as a gift

C'mon now. You've sent me a payment as gift when you purchased some foams off me a few years back - so that should tell you that as long as there is a legitimate trust between the buyer and seller, gifting payments are not as bad as people make them out to be - as long as the trust, honesty and integrity is there.

I've sent sellers here on NT payments as gift before (prior to Meth making it a stated rule to not advertise accepting paypal gift payments), and have never had any issue.

Now, if you're dealing with a newbie/outsider/some random craigslist guy - you know good and hot damn well not to use gift.

(not condoning sending paypal payments as gift in any way.)

LOL at sending as a gift

C'mon now. You've sent me a payment as gift when you purchased some foams off me a few years back - so that should tell you that as long as there is a legitimate trust between the buyer and seller, gifting payments are not as bad as people make them out to be - as long as the trust, honesty and integrity is there.

I've sent sellers here on NT payments as gift before (prior to Meth making it a stated rule to not advertise accepting paypal gift payments), and have never had any issue.

Now, if you're dealing with a newbie/outsider/some random craigslist guy - you know good and hot damn well not to use gift.

(not condoning sending paypal payments as gift in any way.)

yea, because it was you :lol: and im almost 100% sure that was the last time i ever sent as a gift.

quick ?, an unverified paypal sender means what? i just sold a pair of kicks and buyer has 0 feeback, and ask me to ship to HI, but the account has a confirmed TX address, all red flags! can't trust no one now a days...

quick ?, an unverified paypal sender means what? i just sold a pair of kicks and buyer has 0 feeback, and ask me to ship to HI, but the account has a confirmed TX address, all red flags! can't trust no one now a days...

0 feedback = do not sell

I feel you.  Paypal/eBay customer service is abysmal from my experiences, too.  Bottom line is that they don't really give a damn because who else are you gonna use to receive/send money and do online auctions?  They do what they want and we all complain but still go along with it out of necessity.  Bastards.  

QFT. Seriously. It's just crazy that this really has become a necessity with basically anything you buy online. Too bad there isn't a competitor smh.

This is so sad,,,,is there anyway to solve this, I am an avid ebay user / seller and this is just ridic.

What if you required your buyers to pay you as a gift?  I suppose they could leave you fake negative feedback, or file a charge back if they payed through paypal with a cc, and you probably would lose potential buyers

I am so close to pulling my ebay and paypal, I have so much to sell.  I might just pull them and hope it changes and then get back to selling.

Problems with CL - flakers, weirdos, can be shady, have to go out of your way not only that but you reach probably less than 10% of potential buyers

I posted this in the last thread like this:

Honestly, what is stopping you from going out and dropping 3,000$ on some Yeezy 2's right now and pulling this scheme and ending up with free shoes worth 3,000$?   

Nothing, except they could be able to post your information online, you know?

Some scary crap! Between the economy, more people with poor morals,  the way buying sneakers has become a game, and people so thirsty to look cool, the odds are extremely against you

Happened to me, but I won the appeal.

I sold two atomizers of Creed cologne to one seller - $300. He receives the package and files a case because item is "not as described"..BS. The guy ends up sending me back empty bottles, so I then filled an appeal against the seller. Surprisingly, ebayer was in my favor and allowed me to keep my $300. However, the buyer got to keep his money and my cologne...f*** ebay!

I wonder what businesses do if someone files a similar claim through Paypal. I know they have return policies and stuff but still. 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom