After 13 years of eBay, I'm officially done Update: They ruled in buyers favor OUTRAGED..Update 2 TH

Same exact thing just happened to someone I know in the U.K.

Paypal or eBay doesn't help sellers at all.

Seller wins the case most of the time imo. One time I bought fake bred XI and i reported it to paypal. I even had an employee from Niketown to inspect it and had him sign a report that he identified them as fakes. I had his contacts and everything. I faxed it over to paypal and the seller responded with "what would a employee from niketown know anything about jordans, they're two different brands." And with that argument, paypal ruled in his favor even though I replied back saying Jordan was a branch of Nike. :smh: :smh: :smh: Don't worry op, I'm confident you'll come out as the victor especially since you have been with them for 13 years.

Happened to me, but I won the appeal.

I sold two atomizers of Creed cologne to one seller - $300. He receives the package and files a case because item is "not as described"..BS. The guy ends up sending me back empty bottles, so I then filled an appeal against the seller. Surprisingly, ebayer was in my favor and allowed me to keep my $300. However, the buyer got to keep his money and my cologne...f*** ebay!

Wait, wut?

You got your 300 back and the buyer got to keep his 300 and your cologne? So ebay paid 300 out of their own pockets? I don't know why you even mad, you got what you wanted right? The only loser is ebay, unless you messed up your own story... :rolleyes

eBay has always been in the buyer's favor for quite some time now. I don't even **** with it although I did sell a pair of dunks on there recently. But the stuff you mention are all too common these days!

That's just the cost of doing business. You think you're not going to deal with these idiots from time to time when you sell on ebay frequently? That's just like running any sort of business your going to have some hiccups from time to time and sometimes you just have to take the L. If anything in your case paypal will make the buyer ship the bag back and refund him so in the end at least you should get your merchandise back. But if you've been selling on ebay for 13 years and this is the worst thing that has happened to you you should feel pretty lucky.

They just need to make it harder to get money back. Why should sellers have to lose money and prove their innocence because a buyer clicks on 3 tabs. If they made it so buyers had to actually put up a legitimate claim things would be different

PayPal allowed someone to use a stolen credit card to purchase Carmine 6's from me for $460

Then they took the money back and I called and went ballistic and got my money back

Like its my fault they allowed that to happen

Im done simply because of the idiots we gotta deal with + the paypal/ebay fees.  How eBay gonna double with paypal lol.

Btw if youre 'crazyassrollin', youre an idiot
laugh.gif

They just need to make it harder to get money back. Why should sellers have to lose money and prove their innocence because a buyer clicks on 3 tabs. If they made it so buyers had to actually put up a legitimate claim things would be different

This!

I wonder what businesses do if someone files a similar claim through Paypal. I know they have return policies and stuff but still. 
nerd.gif
Same situation that occurs with sellers on ebay. If buyers complain about not receiving the package, the company files an investigation with whatever shipping company they shipped with. If buyer complains about missing item, the company just re-sends them the missing item. It's not a major loss for the company cause they bring in millions, however for small time sellers and companies its a major blow.

Wow...sorry to hear that. I didn't know things like this still happen and yet people still only use paypal on many other forums where they buy/sell. I stopped using paypal years ago and while it may have taken a bit more effort to sell things, I've never had a headache again.

Haven't touched my eBay account for like 2 years. Try selling on forums/craigslist better.... Fees suck too....

Happened to me, but I won the appeal.

I sold two atomizers of Creed cologne to one seller - $300. He receives the package and files a case because item is "not as described"..BS. The guy ends up sending me back empty bottles, so I then filled an appeal against the seller. Surprisingly, ebayer was in my favor and allowed me to keep my $300. However, the buyer got to keep his money and my cologne...f*** ebay!

Wait, wut?

You got your 300 back and the buyer got to keep his 300 and your cologne? So ebay paid 300 out of their own pockets? I don't know why you even mad, you got what you wanted right? The only loser is ebay, unless you messed up your own story... :rolleyes

Why am I mad?

First of all, I'm not mad - I'm disappointing. Disappointing because ebay let the scammer get away with what he did. Maybe this is why this same topic arises so often - it's easy to scam someone on ebay. I'm sure you wouldn't understand the frustration until it happened to you.

Why am I mad?

First of all, I'm not mad - I'm disappointing. Disappointing because ebay let the scammer get away with what he did. Maybe this is why this same topic arises so often - it's easy to scam someone on ebay. I'm sure you wouldn't understand the frustration until it happened to you.
Ebay can't prove whether you are lying or they are lying without extra work. And even then its impossible for them to actually tell anything when they weren't involved with you mailing or him mailing back. At end of day they decided take the loss them self and give you your money back. There are buyer scammer and seller scammers. They decided rather than figure out which was which, that they paid back both sides.

I really don't know what people expect them to do for you. File a lawsuit on your behalf? Hire a private investigator to figure out who is telling the truth? Press charges against the scammer?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. How do I know if I'm under their seller protection policy? I called them as soon as I found out there was a chargeback and they basically told me I have to wait and they didn't refund anything. I'm going to call again now.

In the original payment details it should say if you are covered under the seller protection. Basically if you ship to the paypal address and you have tracking (signature over $250) you are covered. Since it is a "item not received" you will have to wait. The seller is going to have to provide proof that they bag is not real which is extremely hard to do, filing the chargeback helps since he is most likely not going to have to pay for it but if he cannot prove that it is fake paypal should eat the loss for you. He will also have to send the bag back with tracking to get a refund. Watch out for him returning a fake one though. Since it's over $250 he might be required to get signature confirmation and if he doesn't you can say you never got it. Turn the tables on him. You said you had the receipt? You should probably send them a picture of it. Call back and explain your situation to a new person, tell them you are 100% sure the item is real and that you have receipts to prove it. Tell them you would like their advice as to how to win this case since you are sure the buyer is trying to scam you. It's easier for them to just decide against you if you are not actively trying to win the case. They may not even ask for anything from you but if you call and offer the proof you do have they should take it into consideration.

I don't understand how a buyer, 6 days after the fact, can just file a chargeback and have the money refunded on the spot without notifying the seller. It just boggles the mind.:smh:

The money isn't refunded to them. Their CC company may remove the charge from his balance while they investigate but paypal doesn't send your money back to them. Paypal is just holding your money while they decide what to do so you can't withdraw it.

Dude that freaken sucks. I feel bad for every legit seller out there that's getting flushed away like this.

I used to sell a lot on eBay back in the day but now I'm reluctant to even though I got a bunch of crap to sell.
Feel the exact same way.

I'm officially done too. I owe like $1,000 to BillMeLater though SMH. I wonder if that will go to collections or affect my credit score if I don't pay it off...

Why do you owe $1000?

Of course it's gonna go to collections and kill your credit

Why do you owe $1000?

Of course it's gonna go to collections and kill your credit
Yup. Not worth it... if you got the $$$ just take the L and pay it because it will hurt you a lot more in the long run. Sadly, our nation runs on credit unless you're stacking rubber band banks in your pocket. 

I'm officially done too. I owe like $1,000 to BillMeLater though SMH. I wonder if that will go to collections or affect my credit score if I don't pay it off...

really? of course, its like credit pretty much. It will go to collections and it will KILL your score.

Paypal is the worst. I bought a pair of South Beaches from this girl. To make a long story short she scammed me and didn't respond to none of emails once she got her money. Paypal told me they couldn't do anything because I gifted the money but to file a claim with my cc company which I did. Then I was advised by a Paypal supervisor to close the claim with the cc and he would take care of it. Both claims were closed and Paypal had me running back and forth between them and my cc company. They provided a provisional credit eventually warning me it might be removed and I told them that's fine because once they checked the records they'll see I was scammed. This was November/December. Freakin February they removed it and I went off. I got so fed up with them that I eventually just filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and FINALLY the issue has been resolved.

If you can. Maybe you should file a claim with BBB against them. They always come through in your behalf.

LOL at sending as a gift
You're still covered by your credit card company if you send a gift payment.

I sent a gift payment of $350 for some DS '04 black/red 12s, guy never gave me tracking or anything & stopped responding to my messages.

The transaction was on Tuesday. I gave that clown 48 hours to respond then filed a chargeback on Friday, & the money was put back into my account on Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom