After digesting MCHG, I'm saying Nas > Jay as an artist

I'm sayin'...

...we got KD and Bron on the court, and Ns still arguing Jordan and Bird.
roll.gif

legends man

But it's all perspective , again Its the same cycle between Nas and jay fans :smh:

Peep how ballerific will pick two random topics Tom ford and Miley Cyrus and act as if that's a fair representation of the entire album :rolleyes

When you totally ignore all the other topics he talk about it shows you aren't really listening, or you don't really like Jay like that.

It's been like that for 90% of his albums though, dudes act like he's Flo-Rida just making club bangers but the the jewels have always been there y'all probly weren't listening.

I listen to Jay, please tell me what was so special about this album? Tom Ford is a great representation of the album. The album is about wealth, Beyonce, Blu, how he struggled but is now loaded, on the news. That's it.

too much Beyonce on MCHG
one track...

Nas...green dress on cover...weak beats...don't like the topics on that album. 

Love Locomotive and Stay...Nasty...for real LIG is lacking replay value. 

Knocking MCHG now...straight bangers throughout. 

^ timeout, I've seen you in the motorcycle thread and we don't live far from each other so we're good.

As for NaS owing money and missing payments, he talks about it on Life is Good. Hopefully that message will get across to kids. As for Jay, is a materialistic song like Tom Ford necessary? I like the song but it's so Jay. It's what he does now.
I know we're good champ, just a little bit of friendly teasing on my end 
wink.gif

As far as the materialistic stuff goes, or at least from Jay's perspective he already addressed this....."chains is cool to cop by MORE important is lawyer fees, that's how it is now......that's how it ALWAYS be".  Given the outcome and verdict from a few days ago in a particular case in Florida we see just how important lawyer fees are and what kind of jams it can get you out from. 

I listen to Jay, please tell me what was so special about this album? Tom Ford is a great representation of the album. The album is about wealth, Beyonce, Blu, how he struggled but is now loaded, on the news. That's it.
You're not listening...

Oceans is deep...dude is nice with it. 

View media item 498537

I've bought every Jay solo album except for MCGH because I had already bought it (KC and BP3)

I have bought every Beanie Sigel and Memphis Bleek album. I got Roc A Fella soundtracks (Paid In Full, Backstage, Streets is Watching) I support Jay, I'm a fan. Maybe I'm a bigger fan than y'all because I have high expectations and y'all are accepting **** and calling it gold.

But it's all perspective , again Its the same cycle between Nas and jay fans :smh:

Peep how ballerific will pick two random topics Tom ford and Miley Cyrus and act as if that's a fair representation of the entire album :rolleyes

When you totally ignore all the other topics he talk about it shows you aren't really listening, or you don't really like Jay like that.

It's been like that for 90% of his albums though, dudes act like he's Flo-Rida just making club bangers but the the jewels have always been there y'all probly weren't listening.

I'm not here to convince you to like it, doesn't matter to me if we like the same music :lol:

But when you act like that's all the album is about, you're not listening or just have a slanted view of jay from the door. Your mind is set regardless of what u hear, jay is super rich the end.

I respect everyone in here, some of y'all brought up some good points. I don't hate MCGH. About half the album I enjoy, the other half is ehhh to me. We'll see how y'all feel about this album when it's been out for a year. I enjoyed this thread very much.

Its the same with Jay fans picking at "owe me" and his other weak songs.

Nas fans can say is it "sunshine" or is it "big pimpin" :lol: It's weak minded logic.

and Deuce is so worried about another mans money to prove his point. What does that have to do with his music?

and Deuce is so worried about another mans money to prove his point. What does that have to do with his music?
Bless your heart champ, I know you mean well.  I didn't even mention or bring up the point of money into a Nas fans suggested that listening to Jay will cause fans to miss payment rent money, which to me is very interesting an ironic since Nas himself threw his immediate actions would be the rapper BETWEEN the two to encourage missing payment since he himself owes money to the IRS.  I just found that to be very interesting so I spoke on it.  The best or the better rapper has noting to do with who has more money or who doesn't.  Like I said though, I know you mean well.     

Its the same with Jay fans picking at "owe me" and his other weak songs.

Nas fans can say is it "sunshine" or is it "big pimpin" :lol: It's weak minded logic.

I agree that's why I said its the same cycle over and over.

Fans of both artists usually going to extremes to downplay the others catalogue or/and accomplishments.

Nas fans : all Jay talk about is materialism and brags about his money, Nas is all about the art and culture so he refuses to sell out for radio.

Jay fans : Nas tried the mainstream route but failed, it ain't Hovs fault he can make hits.

Again it's all perspective and what we as fans choose to focus on that determines how these jay and Nas war begin an end.

I try and focus on what I like about Jay instead of what I don't like about Nas (which ain't much) , it wouldn't make sense imo to go in Nas threads talking about how he picks wack beats or doesn't make enough entertaining songs.

Yo I didn't even know Jay had an album coming out :lol: Nothing I've seen/heard in media even hinted to me he had a new one since the joint with Ye.

So when did you get out?

Has to be trollin'
:lol: I ain't been locked up but I'm transitioning computers and have been using proxies and my mobile lately for Internet so I haven't touched or kept my music library fresh in months. Plus I don't listen to hot97 or power105 or watch BET anymore.

Ain't like these rappers got commercials or got a media presence anywhere but their circle.

:rofl: @ doing the go outside and listen to who is bumping in somebody's car to determine who is the better artist. Deuce you stay failing with these examples to defend Jay man. Also it don't matter if illmatic was 20 years ago cuz 50 years from now, that's 70 years in total, illmatic will still be praised as one of the greatest if not the greatest hip hop album. You talking about artists and then in the same post asking for Nas replicate a masterpiece. You sound like somebody that simply doesn't understand art and what goes in to making it but I'm sure there were dudes like you downplaying Michelangelo's and Picasso's achievements and hyping up whoever was making more money at the time. Good thing dudes like Mozart largely had eras to themselves or only shared it with a few other obvious geniuses.

Last edited:
Yo I didn't even know Jay had an album coming out :lol: Nothing I've seen/heard in media even hinted to me he had a new one since the joint with Ye.

So when did you get out?

Has to be trollin'
:lol: I ain't been locked up but I'm transitioning computers and have been using proxies and my mobile lately for Internet so I haven't touched or kept my music library fresh in months. Plus I don't listen to hot97 or power105 or watch BET anymore.

Ain't like these rappers got commercials or got a media presence anywhere but their circle.

:rofl: @ doing the go outside and listen to who is bumping in somebody's car to determine who is the better artist. Deuce you stay failing with these examples to defend Jay man. Also it don't matter if illmatic was 20 years ago cuz 50 years from now, that's 70 years in total, illmatic will still be praised as one of the greatest if not the greatest hip hop album. You talking about artists and then in the same post asking for Nas replicate a masterpiece. You sound like somebody that simply doesn't understand art and what goes in to making it but I'm sure there were dudes like you downplaying Michelangelo's and Picasso's achievements and hyping up whoever was making more money at the time. Good thing dudes like Mozart largely had eras to themselves or only shared it with a few other obvious geniuses.
There was a commercial for MCHG, it premiered during the halftime of Game 5 of the NBA Finals.. crazy, I know :lol:

So when did you get out?

Has to be trollin'

llololololololol

#newrules

Last edited:
I agree that's why I said its the same cycle over and over.

Fans of both artists usually going to extremes to downplay the others catalogue or/and accomplishments.

Nas fans : all Jay talk about is materialism and brags about his money, Nas is all about the art and culture so he refuses to sell out for radio.

Jay fans : Nas tried the mainstream route but failed, it ain't Hovs fault he can make hits.

Again it's all perspective and what we as fans choose to focus on that determines how these jay and Nas war begin an end.

I try and focus on what I like about Jay instead of what I don't like about Nas (which ain't much) , it wouldn't make sense imo to go in Nas threads talking about how he picks wack beats or doesn't make enough entertaining songs.

-I don't have a problem with them doing commercial music earlier in their career because they didn't have much choice.

-One of my biggest problems is Jay could have dropped his most lyrical and insightful album and still sold 528K

:lol: Yo I saw the shorter commercials but I don't recall it being about his album. All I remember is seeing Jay nod his head to a beat and talk about himself and taking it to another level or some crap, I don't recall seeing the words Manga Carta Holy Grail or hearing it. First time seeing that 3 minute joint. So I largely ignored those as just Jay doing a commercial.

Any time I see dude in other media it's about his kid or about his sports agency thing. Not promoting an album.

laugh.gif
Yo I saw the shorter commercials but I don't recall it being about his album. All I remember is seeing Jay nod his head to a beat and talk about himself and taking it to another level or some crap, I don't recall seeing the words Manga Carta Holy Grail or hearing it. First time seeing that 3 minute joint. So I largely ignored those as just Jay doing a commercial.

Any time I see dude in other media it's about his kid or about his sports agency thing. Not promoting an album.
See ladies and gentlemen this is exactly why I stated earlier that it's important to actually go outside to see and hear what is going on in your neighborhood.  There's simply no reason for Master Zik to not know that Jay Z just released an album, none whatsoever.  As we can clearly see he doesn't know what the hell is going on.  Now Master Zik says he wasn't locked up...........whether we believe him or not is a different story but for now he's sticking to his story so we have to respect him for that. 

My only guess for Master Zik staying out of the loop and staying off the grid which he stated earlier is to try to avoid paying taxes like Nas, as in not to be seen by the government or something along those lines.  Let me tell ya, it's hard to outrun the long arm of the law champ.  I suggest you get reacquainted with society and enjoy the pleasures of the world.  We want you to join us champ and experience life at it's finest.   

Last edited:
Deuce a damn fool lol

but he has a point considering commercial on during the only sporting event at the time...

I agree with the sentiment that Nas may be better at lyrics, but with everything else Jay blows him out of the water when it comes to music. I can't give Nas a pass for picking crap beats for 95% of his catalog

Back
Top Bottom