After today's performance...Mike Vick MVP???

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

as much as I wanna see Vick get it, I still think it's Tom Brady.
this.

unfortunately theres still plenty of mike vick haters out there and bear in mind tom brady is the media's darling

Has nothing to do with haters, in fact I think Brady has his fair share of haters too. Facts TB has a better completion %, more yards (almost 1,000),  fewer int's, and a higher qb rating. With that said I know he played more games but if thats the case he should have more int's and a lower completion rating.

On that some note though Vick has 600+ rushing yards and 8 rushing TD's but we don't think about that when we judging quarterbacks (if anything that should HELP his case IMO, that's what makes him so "valuable" in my eyes)

this.

unfortunately theres still plenty of mike vick haters out there and bear in mind tom brady is the media's darling

Has nothing to do with haters, in fact I think Brady has his fair share of haters too. Facts TB has a better completion %, more yards (almost 1,000),  fewer int's, and a higher qb rating. With that said I know he played more games but if thats the case he should have more int's and a lower completion rating.

On that some note though Vick has 600+ rushing yards and 8 rushing TD's but we don't think about that when we judging quarterbacks (if anything that should HELP his case IMO, that's what makes him so "valuable" in my eyes)

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

this.

don't forget Brady's 17 rushing yards and 1 running TD. 
laugh.gif

but really, if Vick played this whole year, he'd get it. 

whoever doesn't win the MVP will get atleast OPOY

this.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

The question is, will Vick be even better next season?

I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but it's pretty exciting thinking about it
Vick's production in this shorter period of time is incredible to think about.

Originally Posted by JayPesoz

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

The question is, will Vick be even better next season?

I don't wanna get ahead of myself, but it's pretty exciting thinking about it
Vick's production in this shorter period of time is incredible to think about.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

this.

laugh.gif

This ... why is everyone so focused on the rushing yards and rushing td's? Last I checked the qb gets the ball to his wideouts, through the air. The hb's get the rushing td's/yd's.

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

this.

laugh.gif

This ... why is everyone so focused on the rushing yards and rushing td's? Last I checked the qb gets the ball to his wideouts, through the air. The hb's get the rushing td's/yd's.

The fact that Brady rushes way less and throws the ball more and still has less INT's than Vick should start negating the whole "Mick Vick runs more" talk.

Fact of the matter is, Brady has been taking care of the ball, which is another factor that must be taken into account. He has 5 turnovers to Vick's 8. Obviously Vick has more fumbles because he runs more, but with that same logic, Brady should have more INT's than Vick because he throws more...yet he has 1 less while playing more games at that.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of Vick and LOVE what that man is doing. This is his redemption song. But I just have to give the nod to Brady, especially with an offense full of midgets and 2 rookie TE's.

The fact that Brady rushes way less and throws the ball more and still has less INT's than Vick should start negating the whole "Mick Vick runs more" talk.

Fact of the matter is, Brady has been taking care of the ball, which is another factor that must be taken into account. He has 5 turnovers to Vick's 8. Obviously Vick has more fumbles because he runs more, but with that same logic, Brady should have more INT's than Vick because he throws more...yet he has 1 less while playing more games at that.

BTW, I'm a huge fan of Vick and LOVE what that man is doing. This is his redemption song. But I just have to give the nod to Brady, especially with an offense full of midgets and 2 rookie TE's.

this.

He has 806 more yards in 3 more games. Brady is throwing for 254.4 YPG and Vick is throwing for 250.5. So he's throwing for 3.9 YPG more than Vick is, big !%+%@+* deal
laugh.gif
He's also taking 2 more attempts per game than Vick is so the argument about him having more passing yardage is a moot point. Vick averages 8.4 yards per attempt, a slight edge over Brady's 7.9. The ONLY thing you can give to Brady in these stats is his completion percentage (which is impressive) and fewer INT. Other than that it's dead even. Brady's streak without an INT is damn impressive but I saw two balls go straight through the defender's hands last night. I know that's part of the game and it doesn't really take away from the streak, but if Vick throws an interception that was a perfectly thrown ball to the receiver and it goes through his hands and gets picked (happened last week), it's still a better/more accurate pass than one that went straight to the Packer's DB; even if it doesn't go down as such in the stat book. Bottom line they are both taking care of the ball and not turning it over.
Also if you look at Vick's numbers, he's done all that in just barely 10 games. His "11th" game against us only lasted less than a quarter before he got injured. And the first game of the year he didn't come in until the 2nd quarter I believe. So his passing TD's per game are only marginally less than Brady's, while he's averaging 55 rushing YPG and nearly a rushing TD per game. Overall he's producing a tad more total offense and scoring than Brady is per game. 

As far as their team's records go, Vick has only lost one game in which he started and finished (Bears). The first game of the year he came in in the 2nd quarter and they were already trailing by a lot (and I believe they outscored the Packers from that point on FWIW). He left in the first quarter against the Skins and they were on the verge of tying the game. 

I could see either guy winning it, but nobody should act as if Brady has the clear edge at all, unless you want to argue that Vick only playing in 12 full games disqualifies him. 

this.

He has 806 more yards in 3 more games. Brady is throwing for 254.4 YPG and Vick is throwing for 250.5. So he's throwing for 3.9 YPG more than Vick is, big !%+%@+* deal
laugh.gif
He's also taking 2 more attempts per game than Vick is so the argument about him having more passing yardage is a moot point. Vick averages 8.4 yards per attempt, a slight edge over Brady's 7.9. The ONLY thing you can give to Brady in these stats is his completion percentage (which is impressive) and fewer INT. Other than that it's dead even. Brady's streak without an INT is damn impressive but I saw two balls go straight through the defender's hands last night. I know that's part of the game and it doesn't really take away from the streak, but if Vick throws an interception that was a perfectly thrown ball to the receiver and it goes through his hands and gets picked (happened last week), it's still a better/more accurate pass than one that went straight to the Packer's DB; even if it doesn't go down as such in the stat book. Bottom line they are both taking care of the ball and not turning it over.
Also if you look at Vick's numbers, he's done all that in just barely 10 games. His "11th" game against us only lasted less than a quarter before he got injured. And the first game of the year he didn't come in until the 2nd quarter I believe. So his passing TD's per game are only marginally less than Brady's, while he's averaging 55 rushing YPG and nearly a rushing TD per game. Overall he's producing a tad more total offense and scoring than Brady is per game. 

As far as their team's records go, Vick has only lost one game in which he started and finished (Bears). The first game of the year he came in in the 2nd quarter and they were already trailing by a lot (and I believe they outscored the Packers from that point on FWIW). He left in the first quarter against the Skins and they were on the verge of tying the game. 

I could see either guy winning it, but nobody should act as if Brady has the clear edge at all, unless you want to argue that Vick only playing in 12 full games disqualifies him. 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

this.

laugh.gif

nobody should argue that EITHER guy has a clear edge...

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

this.

laugh.gif

nobody should argue that EITHER guy has a clear edge...

Back
Top Bottom