Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

For those seeking these; don't let some of these people here gas up the price (usually their attempt to sell their own pairs, so they're going to speak on them highly like it's the rarest shoe ever).

Not worth 450+. Don't fall for it!!!!!

My first pair of Jordan's was in 1985. These shoes use a softer, more luxurious looking leather. The prices are justified...especially with what people r paying for these plastic shoes Nike and Jordan r releasing these days. The price on these will only continue to go up. Trust me. Also, I'm never selling my pair so I'm not "gassing" up anything. Believe what u want, but this shoe is all it's cracked up to be. I'm just glad I got a pair since this was my first Jordan. It has meaning to me.

materials argument aside,

the banned 1 has the worst shape of all
long banana toe & the ankle is cut low

the shape is up there in importance with quality in my book

Originally Posted by green rhino123

SUPER AGREE with you. If only JB can have the exact measurement, cuts, and molds of the OG I, then they will be complete. All retroes except for the '94 had horrible shapes. Hell, the '94s were off but they kept those high. When '01 came around, the shoe started looking like mids. Then it went downhill in the later retroes. Still heated i couldn't get the banneds, one of my grails
mad.gif
. JB just needs to retro the White/reds, Blk/reds (for the sake of the people who couldn't get banneds), and the blk/royals; the only Is that matter right now.

Originally Posted by spoonmanofthehour

For those seeking these; don't let some of these people here gas up the price (usually their attempt to sell their own pairs, so they're going to speak on them highly like it's the rarest shoe ever).

My first pair of Jordan's was in 1985. These shoes use a softer, more luxurious looking leather. The prices are justified...especially with what people r paying for these plastic shoes Nike and Jordan r releasing these days. The price on these will only continue to go up. Trust me. Also, I'm never selling my pair so I'm not "gassing" up anything. Believe what u want, but this shoe is all it's cracked up to be. I'm just glad I got a pair since this was my first Jordan. It has meaning to me.

I understand the Nostalgic purposes of these; but the prices are justified? Why?? Why should a shoe that released last year for $110, be worth 500+?

Naw son. I own these Banned's myself - and I'm stating my opinion that they're NOT worth 400+.

People can talk about the quality all they want - but I've yet to see people wearing them on a normal basis to justify the talks of the "quality".

These are black and red Jordan 1's. I think there has been 8+ versions of the black/red jordan 1 - granted the Nike Air and texture of leather - you can snatch up the DMP's/straps for about 150-170.

I just want to forewarn those that the people in here saying these are worth 400,500, blah blah blah - yeah save it. Quit trying to fabricate the value of these because your sitting on 3+ pairs that you got for $100 - while trying to make $1,000.

Stop it.

I understand the Nostalgic purposes of these; but the prices are justified? Why?? Why should a shoe that released last year for $110, be worth 500+?

Naw son. I own these Banned's myself - and I'm stating my opinion that they're NOT worth 400+.

People can talk about the quality all they want - but I've yet to see people wearing them on a normal basis to justify the talks of the "quality".

These are black and red Jordan 1's. I think there has been 8+ versions of the black/red jordan 1 - granted the Nike Air and texture of leather - you can snatch up the DMP's/straps for about 150-170.

I just want to forewarn those that the people in here saying these are worth 400,500, blah blah blah - yeah save it. Quit trying to fabricate the value of these because your sitting on 3+ pairs that you got for $100 - while trying to make $1,000.

Stop it.

I just think the value of any shoe depends on how much the person actually wants it.
-Drew

I just think all you dudes holding on to your pairs need to help out the needy in obtaining a pair. Im still searching. I get told $250, I get the $250, then its $300, I get that then etc. I just want my size so I can WEAR them.

Originally Posted by vcof2005

I just think all you dudes holding on to your pairs need to help out the needy in obtaining a pair. Im still searching. I get told $250, I get the $250, then its $300, I get that then etc. I just want my size so I can WEAR them.
this is what im saying. people talking about how they got 3 pairs but will never sell and never wear. smh waste of shoes.

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

this is what im saying. people talking about how they got 3 pairs but will never sell and never wear. smh waste of shoes.

Dream on. It's 2012, reading that people wear their sneakers might as well be a myth.

I disagree with people saying the Banned's are the best Black/Red I's.. The leather is nice but the Shape of the 2001's and even the CDPs are much better

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Stop it.

I just think the value of any shoe depends on how much the person actually wants it.
-Drew
Exactly.  Who are we to tell other grown men what to do with their funds?  If people want to hop on their high horses and bash or hype a pair of shoes then more power to them.

If a person values these shoes at $120 then good for them.  If they value them at $1,200 then good for them.

These discussions always crack me up.

Originally Posted by RetroSneaks26

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

Dream on. It's 2012, reading that people wear their sneakers might as well be a myth.
I wound up getting 3 pairs.  One for my kid and 2 for me.  He wears his all the time.  Me, about once a month. 

Originally Posted by henz0

I disagree with people saying the Banned's are the best Black/Red I's.. The leather is nice but the Shape of the 2001's and even the CDPs are much better

I agree that I liked the shape of the DMP bulls 1s better but I enjoyed wearing my banned 1s way more than those, so I decided to sell them and keep my banned 1s.

Someone offered me $450 for my pair.

Call me crazy, but I love my pair too much to let them go lmao

Long story short, I told him I wasn't gonna do him like that. I told him how much they go for on ebay and to try his luck there

Originally Posted by vipersupra

@vcoff,

Lets say you have 2 pairs, and I needed one, would you sell me a pair if I need it?

Honestly I more than likely would not have 2 pair unless I have worn out one dry and I just started on the other pair. I wear ALL of my shoes. I even scaled down my collection to only include shoes I wear. The shoes I didn't wear or didn't wear enough I let go. I'm not going to bore you with a sob story but let's just say I appreciate my shoes as more than just trophy pieces to show off if I have company and some guys come over to view or post pics on NT. 

Originally Posted by RV019

Someone offered me $450 for my pair.

Call me crazy, but I love my pair too much to let them go lmao

Long story short, I told him I wasn't gonna do him like that. I told him how much they go for on ebay and to try his luck there

I feel like EXACTLY the same way.  These were a double win for me, decent quality and a pickup for less than box price.

henz0 wrote:

The 2001's are superior to all. Hell, I'll even trade my BAN's for the 2001's right now.

I actually love the CDP's. I used those as everyday shoes for about 3 months in Cali. I loved them and the comfort was surprisingly great.

To the guy that's saying "who am I to tell another man how to spend his money"....fam listen. I'm not telling you what to buy or not to buy - I'm just stating my opinion that these Ban joints are not worth nearly as close as the prices I've seen on eBay. But go ahead tho pimpin'. Break that bread.

94 > any of these. Still wish my White/Red 94 fit and were wearable. But the prices on these are high because there isn't going to be more of them. Of the 5,000 pairs or so I'd imagine half ended up in the possession of people on this forum. You simply can't find these very easily, so yeah a $110 limited release collector's item with the sentimental value of the whole "banned" concept is probably worth 3-4x that at this point to a serious collector, especially when it was the best quality retro in close to a decade. That said, I love my two pairs, and I'd never part with them!

^^^^AT

If that's directed towards me then yeah, it's not that serious. If any of us are being real, are ANY of these shoes worth the bread we pay for them? I don't have an issue with you, like you I'm stating an opinion. I believe that it's up to the person spending the money to decide how much something is worth to them. Yes, price ranges to give people a ballpark are all well and good, but if they want them badly enough it's their bread, a dollar to another man isn't always worth the same as a dollar to the next man. My opinion with regards to how much these or any pair of shoes is worth is likely to be different than your opinion and the same can probably be said for anyone on NT. In a perfect world there would be no resellers and we'd all get our shoes at retail. Since that's a straight up fantasy, people are gonna pay what they're going to pay. It is what it is.

I don't care what anyone says, other than the 1985 OG's, give me these...
I agree I have both pair 01 and banneds I perfer the banneds easily I got two pair ds and i wont sell them for nothing, so im not tryna hype the shoe to raise the value the shoe is simply that great and I think 90% of those that own them would agree.

Originally Posted by MINOTAURO NOGUEIRA

Originally Posted by green rhino123

SUPER AGREE with you. If only JB can have the exact measurement, cuts, and molds of the OG I, then they will be complete. All retroes except for the '94 had horrible shapes. Hell, the '94s were off but they kept those high. When '01 came around, the shoe started looking like mids. Then it went downhill in the later retroes. Still heated i couldn't get the banneds, one of my grails
mad.gif
. JB just needs to retro the White/reds, Blk/reds (for the sake of the people who couldn't get banneds), and the blk/royals; the only Is that matter right now.

Yea.. The shape on these banneds is not like OG or 01s. Nobody can argue that.
But still.. These go harder than 01s. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom