Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: @ people being unsure about rocking there Banned 1's due to the current market value or because they look to nice in the shoe box

not judging anyone but that sound's crazy to me just glade i don't view sneaker's like that :lol:

Last edited:
So did I, and I bought another a few years ago. But the soles separate overtime. The sole on the 1 isn't easy to separate.

That's because they are stitched all the way around.

Yup

:lol: @ people being unsure about rocking there Banned 1's due to the current market value or because they look to nice in the shoe box

not judging anyone but that sound's crazy to me just glade i don't view sneaker's like that :lol:

Idc what the next man does w their shoes, but I can't keep these boxed.

Last edited:
So Bred 1's are my favorite shoes of all time. 

I have 3 pairs of 2001's, and a pair of Banned's. 

I don't buy a lot of Jordan Brand releases these days, I focus on what I truly love, so I've invested a lot of money in these shoes, and I'm concerned about the life of them. Do you think the 2001's will last 10 years from now from durability standpoint? I bought 3 pairs because I LOVE the cut of the 2001's, and I want to be able to have a pair to wear for the rest of my life. Just concerned that in 10 or 15 years, I break out a pair and they fall apart. It seems like people still wear their 85's with no issues, but just wanted to get everyone's opinion. 

So Bred 1's are my favorite shoes of all time. 

I have 3 pairs of 2001's, and a pair of Banned's. 

I don't buy a lot of Jordan Brand releases these days, I focus on what I truly love, so I've invested a lot of money in these shoes, and I'm concerned about the life of them. Do you think the 2001's will last 10 years from now from durability standpoint? I bought 3 pairs because I LOVE the cut of the 2001's, and I want to be able to have a pair to wear for the rest of my life. Just concerned that in 10 or 15 years, I break out a pair and they fall apart. It seems like people still wear their 85's with no issues, but just wanted to get everyone's opinion. 

1985s are 27 years old and strong...what more do you need?

My pleasure. Lets start with 1985...

1985:
The most durable jordan of all time (yes even over the OG XIIs due to the fact that the soles separate. Easy fix I know.). Finding a pair of these can run you anywhere from $350-1000 (Sandusky price). Depending on where they are stored, the leather on the collar can chip. The original mold...perfection.

1994:
More common place. Easy to find a flawless pair of these bad boys. Not quite has HIGH cut as the originals but still higher than anything produced since. These can easily be obtained for $300-500. I've found steal prices, but I wear an 8.5 so....it's different. Second best pair money can buy.

2001:
Another popular retro...overrated if you ask me. Comfortable, but the flaw is the durabuck swoosh. it fades over time. These are extremely overpriced. Running from $250 (steal)-600 dollars. Most people you know have this iteration.

2008 Straps/Alpha Lows/DMPs
Ehh...thats all that needs to be said.

Banned1s:
Extremely limited. Considered a collector's piece, which is why most have trouble UnDS'n them. Uncanny quality...not quite the same leather as the 85s,94s,01s...but still GRADE A. Slightly shorter than the 2001s, but still a true high top. Price range similar to 1994s.

Hope that was helpful. :D

Great wraup i totally agree for the most part. But I find that the 1994 retro is even higher than the 1985s. I have both to compare. The Banneds are only slightly shorter than the 1994s and 1985s.

Ok so can someone quickly school me on the feel of the og in-comparison to the banneds, insight instead of bashing so i can gain way more knowledge.

1985:
The most durable jordan of all time (yes even over the OG XIIs due to the fact that the soles separate. Easy fix I know.). Finding a pair of these can run you anywhere from $350-1000 (Sandusky price). Depending on where they are stored, the leather on the collar can chip. The original mold...perfection.

1994:
More common place. Easy to find a flawless pair of these bad boys. Not quite has HIGH cut as the originals but still higher than anything produced since. These can easily be obtained for $300-500. I've found steal prices, but I wear an 8.5 so....it's different. Second best pair money can buy.

2001:
Another popular retro...overrated if you ask me. Comfortable, but the flaw is the durabuck swoosh. it fades over time. These are extremely overpriced. Running from $250 (steal)-600 dollars. Most people you know have this iteration.

Banned1s:
Extremely limited. Considered a collector's piece, which is why most have trouble UnDS'n them. Uncanny quality...not quite the same leather as the 85s,94s,01s...but still GRADE A. Slightly shorter than the 2001s, but still a true high top. Price range similar to 1994s.

Hope that was helpful. :D

Very Nice MJ All Day45 :pimp:

so was the sonnage

1985:

1994:

2001:

Banned1s:

Hope that was helpful.
happy.gif
GOOD JOB MATT! 
nthat.gif

Dilla yea I guess paid 220 for the vnds pair about a yr ago and the new pair I got from a trade. I paid 275 for the kicks and traded my boy

^^^ nice pairs. I wanna double up too, or find a '01 pair.

The '01s had a durebuck swoosh?!?! It wasn't leather? Never owned an '01 pair but i always admired the shape of the '01

You can't really tell the durabuck unless they're beat. I love the shape of the '01. the new OG '13 mold isnt that bad either. Not my pair btw.

Last edited:
Thx Thompson I was going 2 get rid of the new pair but I think I will hold them for now unless I get a good trade

Thx Thompson I was going 2 get rid of the new pair but I think I will hold them for now unless I get a good trade

i seee you have a 10.5...i'd prefer an 11, but we need to discuss if you are serious about moving that pair

Dilla yea I guess paid 220 for the vnds pair about a yr ago and the new pair I got from a trade. I paid 275 for the kicks and traded my boy
NICE, even better I may trade something for another pair of them soon as well maybe my white supreme lows
nerd.gif
, nonetheless nice come up

One of the few releases I'm salty about missing out on.  Chose the wrong time to take a break from shoes, lol.

LOL hey man we've all been there. My break came around all of those CDPs. Needless to say, I missed out on some good shoes: Carmines, Hares, XVIs, etc... Good news for me is it seems the CDP shoes are rolling back around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom