Air Jordan 1 Banned NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So someone who owns these AND the 2001's how do they compare quality wise?

I wanted these had a chance to cop but I did not feel like camping & going thru the hassle let some else enjoy them.

Originally Posted by KingTrojan43

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Wasn't able to get my pair so I'll wait till they drop below 200 to cop.
grin.gif

I don't think this will happen...but if it does...I'm with you
happy.gif
laugh.gif
 and yet you have my size for sale.

Reason I ask is I saw a few people on that other site saying the quality is better than 01's, I'm thinking that's outlandish.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan

Originally Posted by mr2cool80

Yup, that's Sawgrass.
 "Rumor has it that someone on Nike Talk leaked all the release info and Corporate got pissed."
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Inside The Sneaker Box[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

I don't believe that ..... I sincerely doubt that NT can piss JB off that badly
I don't believe it either.  Besides, I was BS'ing with a TON of people on line and to tell you the truth I was the only one who got his info off of NT.  Everyone and their mother was calling around to every outlet in Florida asking if they were getting these in.  What's the difference if we get the info from NT or straight from the store?

Perhaps Nike should rethink the way they do things like this in the future.  Just a ton of bad things happening countrywide with this release on the end of Nike employees.  Lies...etc.
Well said ...... you definitely held it down for NT while in that line but ..technically you were not alone cause you and my COUSIN got the info off of NT cause I told him about it 
roll.gif
. But all jokes aside, this "release" may go down as one of the craziest ones in JB history. When was the last time, if ever did this happen? I simply cannot remember and I'm 31 years old! I agree with you 100% about how they handled it. They essentially left it up to 19-22 year old employees on how to "release" a shoe that wasn't supposed to exist to thousands of people across the country. And then had the nerve to insinuate that we the people of NT are to blame? haaa 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wow!. Anyway, Just my thoughts ....

i just saw the A grades no nike air and the B's are waaaay better lookin,  i hope i aint miss out on these cuz aint paying nothing over 130,
nerd.gif
 to my ppl in VA did williamsburg get these in???
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sincere

I just had 2 NT'ers offer to sell me a pair of size 13's, I offered $200. Does that sound about right? In my honest opinion it does to me, but a lot of peoples still bring up eBay prices and etc. Maybe I'm wrong, but what do you guy's think? I don't care about eBay prices, so that argument doesn't sway my decision and at the end of the day, I'm looking for a "fair" deal from one of these 2. Whats a good price?

I hate when dude's pull that ebay card in order to justify their price. If I'm selling something on NT, we doesn't charge me ANYTHING, you better believe my price is going to be a lot better than ebay.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Honestly, the quality on these Banned 1's are much better than the 2001's.

The leather is more supple than the 2001's. Coming with 3 laces is also a huge plus. I also like the fact that the nike check/swoosh is leather and not buck. My 2001's check/swoosh has faded due to the material not being leather.

The only aspect of the 2001's that I like more than these is that there's nothing on the heel - true to OG. Like I have said, I could've done without the X on the back of these banned pairs.

People that are hating that they didn't get a pair should be hating because this was a QUALITY shoe released by JB...and as many of you know (or will eventually find out), is that QUALITY and JB haven't  been coinciding over the past 8 years.

the quality is like night and day
this shoe is made of REAL LEATHER not the cheap crap like so many releases from the past 10 years 

dont want to go and dig up my 2001's but the materials on these banned are on point compared to the black/red from years back 

Imo these are better...quality wise. I own 2 pairs of 2001 breds and 2 pairs of Royals and did the comparison. Doesn't mean ppl should discard the 2001's tho. No jumpman and no gimmicks ftw
The only "flaw" this shoe has is the X. The tumbled leather is really amazing in person 

Well thanks to the usuals with the clutch info I feel like a fool passing on them now.
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Griff

Imo these are better...quality wise. I own 2 pairs of 2001 breds and 2 pairs of Royals and did the comparison. Doesn't mean ppl should discard the 2001's tho. No jumpman and no gimmicks ftw
The only "flaw" this shoe has is the X. The tumbled leather is really amazing in person 
Agreed

"Rumor has it that someone on Nike Talk leaked all the release info and Corporate got pissed."
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]-Inside The Sneaker Box[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

I don't believe that ..... I sincerely doubt that NT can piss JB off that badly
I don't believe it either.  Besides, I was BS'ing with a TON of people on line and to tell you the truth I was the only one who got his info off of NT.  Everyone and their mother was calling around to every outlet in Florida asking if they were getting these in.  What's the difference if we get the info from NT or straight from the store?

Perhaps Nike should rethink the way they do things like this in the future.  Just a ton of bad things happening countrywide with this release on the end of Nike employees.  Lies...etc.
Well said ...... you definitely held it down for NT while in that line but ..technically you were not alone cause you and my COUSIN got the info off of NT cause I told him about it 
roll.gif
. But all jokes aside, this "release" may go down as one of the craziest ones in JB history. When was the last time, if ever did this happen? I simply cannot remember and I'm 31 years old! I agree with you 100% about how they handled it. They essentially left it up to 19-22 year old employees on how to "release" a shoe that wasn't supposed to exist to thousands of people across the country. And then had the nerve to insinuate that we the people of NT are to blame? haaa 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
wow!. Anyway, Just my thoughts ....
Thanks again for the heads up on everything btw.

The entire thing from start to finish has been bizarre.  As I said earlier in this thread, I give a ton of credit to the Sawgrass store for their professionalism and manner in which they handled the release this morning.  It was a pleasant and completely stress-free buying experience, and the staff were all very accommodating.

That being said, it doesn't excuse the actions of the outlet employees nationwide over the past week.  The gerrymandering of the stock combined with not providing phone orders with those not within distance.  The rudeness, the lying, some of the stories I've already read in this thread today about assisting in bullying and reselling.  Security not assisting a patron who's being threatened? Unacceptable.  I'm an older cat, and if someone's pulling something like that on a line for sneakers with me, you better believe there are going to be serious consequences if the store managers don't do anything in terms of providing assistance in a situation like that.  I'm not about to fight someone over a pair of sneakers, line-cutter or not, and I certainly don't expect to be put in a position where I'd have to courtesy of the company I'm buying from. Lying about stock? Unacceptable.  All of us on here spend a ton of money on Nikes every year.  We're their best customers.  At the very least we deserve an honest answer when asking if a shoe is in stock.  If the company can't do anything to correct issues like this in the future, they should stick with the regular way of releasing, because the worst that happens with companies like Eastbay or Finishline is a canceled order or damaged box.  From a customer's standpoint, issues like these are completely unacceptable, and if they can't fix them accordingly then this should just be a one and done thing for Nike.

^^ im feeling the same way man. woke up at 5am ready to go to jersey gardens and ended up going back to sleep.
for one reason or another i didn't want to go, granted i do own the dmp black/red ones, but from what I'm reading/seeing,
these are FAR superior to those. it also didn't help that people in this thread were posting that jersey gardens wasn't getting them, that didn't help and was obviously not true...

^ can't believe everything you read on the net. I was wondering why one outlet in my area (so cali/Cabazon outlet) wasn't even being mentioned. So I just decided to find out for myself, and drove out there and bam people were lined up.

I will say tho. People be careful on wearing this in the rain.
The feel of the leather, you can tell it won't do so FRESH PRINCE with it.

I'll say this.

The outlet I went to had 12's, 13's, and 14's left when I left. And I was last.

I can go back tomorrow and let you know if that's still accurate.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by sincere

I just had 2 NT'ers offer to sell me a pair of size 13's, I offered $200. Does that sound about right? In my honest opinion it does to me, but a lot of peoples still bring up eBay prices and etc. Maybe I'm wrong, but what do you guy's think? I don't care about eBay prices, so that argument doesn't sway my decision and at the end of the day, I'm looking for a "fair" deal from one of these 2. Whats a good price?

I hate when dude's pull that ebay card in order to justify their price. If I'm selling something on NT, we doesn't charge me ANYTHING, you better believe my price is going to be a lot better than ebay.
That's what I was thinking. We'll see if we can work out a "fair" price. If, not...it wasn't meant for me.

What y'all need to realize is, the leather used on these banned 1s, isn't the same as the 01s, 94s and even the 85s.
The leather is supposed to be synthetic.... These banned 1s are made up of distressed leather.

Doesn't mean that the quality is terrible, not at all... Just saying, the majority of ppl AUTOMATICALLY think that distress leather is better, just b/c it looks rich in texture...

The pairs that you see that are from '85, they're for sure gonna look distressed in certain parts of the shoe (due to age) but it should be looking like synthetic (if just made/straight outta the factory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom