Air Jordan 1 Hi ‘85 (New beginning) “ Reverse Bred”

Not sure if you’ve had these in hand yet but they quality and attention to detail is on point besides the toe issue. I think the red and whites have a slightly better toe. People saying the leather is trash are folks who haven’t had them in hand yet or don’t know what they're talking about.
The leather isn’t that great. OG’s did not look like that when creased.

The purples look like bad fakes when you put them next to ogs.
For me, if they can’t get them right, I’d rather just stick to the recent 1‘s we’ve been getting like the Shadow’s, UNC’s, etc. That’s me, though. Not worth the $200 price tag for that.

4D3B6DE9-9AC8-4BE8-AF77-F181AFCF8C81.jpeg
Hoopfr3sh likes the leather so i dont know what to believe anymore
Looking at that toebox I know what to believe. :lol:

I’m sure in 30 years the shoes we have now will be considered some crazy quality leather by the kids.

especially some broken in pairs

I got a pair of DS 94’s a couple years ago and I’m sure if they released today folks would’ve complained about the leather on them. Just because of the date They released.
say they are 94 and boom! Omg wow!

folks just make stuff up in their mind. As well as bad /worn/ old leather just aging nicely compared to a fresh hide.

stop talking about these Jordan’s like it was some high end sneaker back in 85. It was still a cheap Nike. Just like it is now.

Enjoy the design!!

I’m sure in 30 years the shoes we have now will be considered some crazy quality leather by the kids.

especially some broken in pairs

I got a pair of DS 94’s a couple years ago and I’m sure if they released today folks would’ve complained about the leather on them. Just because of the date They released.
say they are 94 and boom! Omg wow!

folks just make stuff up in their mind. As well as bad /worn/ old leather just aging nicely compared to a fresh hide.

stop talking about these Jordan’s like it was some high end sneaker back in 85. It was still a cheap Nike. Just like it is now.

Enjoy the design!!
Thank you!

Nobody said or claimed they were high end, but if you think they were cheap like today then you are wrong. That black leather on the SBB was not used back then. You can clearly see the company cutting corners for their bottom line. They were also $65 in ‘85 and it was better leather. So it wasn’t the same. It is what it is though.

Last edited:
Nobody said or claimed they were high end, but if you think they were cheap like today then you are wrong. That black leather on the SBB was not used back then. You can clearly see the company cutting corners for their bottom line. They were also $65 in ‘85 and it was better leather. So it wasn’t the same. It is what it is though.

no need to argue with these guys, if you didn’t live it you don’t know

nike and Jordan weren't also making millions of shoes a year at the time

I missed out on a pair. Not going to pay what they want for them. I have learned to move on to the next one. And they are a dope shoe 👠 Congress to all they copped.

I wanted to scoop a pair to have even tho I’m not big in the color way, of course prices went up

85, 94, 01, 2010

whatever year. Get the colorway you like and enjoy the model was my point

nostalgia is awesome man. Vintage shoes look cool and the shape was a little better.

But yea those 85 Jordan’s were some winners! Greatest quality on a Jordan! Wish I could’ve lived through it!

see ya in 30 years

what I don't understand is that the demand is so high for a sneaker made in 85. why not just release it to the masses in the same tradition. people would easily plow through 3-4 pairs a year.

Back
Top Bottom