Air Jordan 1 Hi ‘85 (New beginning) “ Reverse Bred”

Imma say F it and cop that pack soon.
I will tell you that the airship leather is friggin NICE. It has a vintage feel and is very soft all around. The swooshes could have been done in a cheap plastic but they are extra plush.

I took an iron to my pair to smooth it out a bit. Breaking in nicely imo

Attachments

• E21A4A97-17AC-4A1C-A7A3-C4F20A62FECB.jpeg
    E21A4A97-17AC-4A1C-A7A3-C4F20A62FECB.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 2FFF8AA2-0249-44F2-96F4-D23A2318729C.jpeg
    2FFF8AA2-0249-44F2-96F4-D23A2318729C.jpeg
    511 KB · Views: 292
  • 85B7DA2E-2911-4CDA-8BBB-7FECB8FB9A22.jpeg
    85B7DA2E-2911-4CDA-8BBB-7FECB8FB9A22.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 290
Man reading the mixture of responses in here making me not wanna get a pair.
On to the next for me
I’m gonna be honest, if we’re comparing these to to the “Retro 1 OG High” we’ve been getting since they updated the remastered molds...these blow them out of the water. The shape is the most accurate(not 100% perfect) we’ve had since its original release. My second point is the leather on these will prove to be far more durable over time as well. Most people grade leather quality just by the tumbling of the leather when so much more goes into it. My final point is the padding and comfort on this “‘85 hi” is amazing in comparison to the “Retro 1 OG high”. You should buy what you like at the end of the day...but you will not be disappointed if you grab a pair of these

I’m gonna be honest, if we’re comparing these to to the “Retro 1 OG High” we’ve been getting since they updated the remastered molds...these blow them out of the water.
Sorry, to me anyway, they don’t blow them out of the water. Fix that ugly toe box shape and then we may have something.

People keep saying that the leather is so much better on these. I swear though, every time I see someone with these on foot it’s either right after they’re UNDS’d or the toe is super crinkled after like one wear.

After getting these and looking them over for a few weeks I can tell you that these are overall so much better than regular high OG.. When I put these side by side with any of my other 1s i’m really impressed how much better the whole shape looks. Just has much more character to it, definitely looks much more like an 80s shoe.

I’ve said it before but when you put these side by side with the high OGs it makes them just look like a watered down version of the shoe. The toe box is pretty tall, but we’ve seen pics of OG 1985 pairs that have extremely similar tall toe boxes, it apparently varied a bit on the originals.

I would much rather have the toebox on the new ‘85 retro than the toebox from the 94 retros..

Back
Top Bottom