Air Jordan 1 High “Black Toe” – 2013 NO buying,selling-trading

So wait, we're calling all Black/Red 1's "Banned's" now? :nerd:

I guess it's better than "Breds".

Great pair of 94's KB!

Chicago 1's definitely aren't on the same level as any of the OG's.

I've compared them to my Royal's and Knicks, look terrible, I still love them though. :lol:

They're like a step child for me like my metallic V's and ashy VI's. They aren't the same.
I couldn't stomach those 6s. One of my top 5 Jordans ever completely butchered. Looking at what they go for now makes me cringe. Sold my pair to my boy after 2 wears. I'll wait for a proper retro. Not like I wore those much anyways.

I couldn't stomach those 6s. One of my top 5 Jordans ever completely butchered. Looking at what they go for now makes me cringe. Sold my pair to my boy after 2 wears. I'll wait for a proper retro. Not like I wore those much anyways.

That's what I do, I wait. If they don't make them right, I don't want them. I was so turned off by those Chicago 1's, wasn't even tempted to buy them after I saw them early in person before they released.

Levis slim and straight, son!! I'm too old to be poppin the tounge.

Don't necessarily wear slim and straight, but at 35, "popping the tongue" seems like you're reaching at my age lol. Only way they'll see J soaring is if I'm wearing shorts. In fact, I prefer when the tongue was shorter on some of the OGs. Everyone knows you're wearing Js, I don't need a billboard haha

Side note, I'm obviously referencing 3s and up, but overall, I don't have my tongue outside my jeans to show Nike Air either.

Last edited:
Ill be poppin my tounge 
devil.gif

That's what I do, I wait. If they don't make them right, I don't want them. I was so turned off by those Chicago 1's, wasn't even tempted to buy them after I saw them early in person before they released.
Exactly. I wanted no part of the Chicagos as well. What's the point when I would just leave em in the box out of disgust.

If I know that I'm 100% unhappy with a shoe, I pass. If JB never retros said shoe again, life goes on. With the way they're retroing everything nowadays, there's no need to jump on a shoe since it'll probably drop in 3 - 5 years anyways.

And I still got more pairs than most of the people on this thread.
hah well that's a guess ... how do you know.. most people that goes in this thread doesn't mention or would like to even mention how much doubles they have & some don't even post that much.

many people here on NT are mad collectors, have connects, or just resellers...

i know 2 people here (they know who they are) & they're sitting on 10 pairs & probably laughing at your comment.

Last edited:
1. Nike Air, og colorways & limited quantity
2. The 11s are the most overrated shoe as far as looks are concerned.

1s are classics -- simple and clean. Plus, they're so "cheap" and have so many colorways you can rock them with about anything. Of course 11s are classics, too, but in my humble opinion you can wear 1s with a hell of a lot more things than 11s. Seems like people want gaudy (not implying 11s are gaudy) look at me shoes sometimes. I'm sure some people would put a chandelier on them if they could.

You're going to one just dropped yesterday the other in feb. most people who wanted to sell their royals and were reasonable about it have had 3 months to.

I'm comparing both shoes at release, not current days. You saw 25-1 ratio in favor of black toes (I'm just throwing out a number, not scientific) at this point in each shoes release. If 5 guys were looking for the same size the day of/after the royals release, they couldnt all cop because availability was limited.

I knew i had no decent chance at retail so i caught the best preorder price at the time and quickly pulled the trigger on ebay few hours after release at a low preorder price. knowing i was good covering the cost over retail im happy as can be. sometimes depending on the shoe u gotta be prepared to bite on a great price regardless and leave your "retail or bust" pride at the door. these are headed north in price still. I still think royals are a close to a $400 shoe and these will come up behind at 350. Low 200s is nothing to to be ashamed of.

I'm not hating, you can probably pull it off. Me on the hand, I'd look like a tool sack. It would like me wear a swag shirt lol. I'd look f'ing ******ed.

I like it. Speak the truth. I'm with you. I can't pop the tongue. I think it looks ******ed on ME. It looks better on others. My wife even gets upset when my pants mistakenly get behind the tongue. She'll look down at me with the come on son face. I'm not trying to advertise what I'm wearing to everyone in public.

I'm comparing both shoes at release, not current days. You saw 25-1 ratio in favor of black toes (I'm just throwing out a number, not scientific) at this point in each shoes release. If 5 guys were looking for the same size the day of/after the royals release, they couldnt all cop because availability was limited.
Yeah this is generally true. I noticed the same and really there were none around in the states. Y'all need to accept and get used to the fact as far as the regular limited og 1s go, the royals are king.

its funny how the same dudes who clown people for wearing their pants in an "outdated" fashion are the same fools who probably get upset with hypebeasts who buy whats popular. Its the same damn thing.

Dudes like Tamakin just likes to see his dudes in tighter fitting jeans. Its his preference. Leave him alone.

I'm all for subtlety, that's why I love Air Jordan 1's in the first place but I've been poppin the tongue on them bad boys for the longest. Even on those mid-top Olympic 1's I would pop the tongue. It's just me though, I don't do it to say "hey, look at me!" It's just cause it looks good with the shoe to me. Wearing high tops with jeans is a lost art lol

Late, but time for me to join the party. Glad to see there's not a lot of sad faces like the Royal thread. Anyhow got my 3 pairs, but skipping out on the Chicago custom since the leather isn't as great as I thought.

Here's a little teaser of how my custom MJ P.E. would look. Still gotta sew the tongues in.

View media item 428521

Back
Top Bottom