Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then people should just stop buying them. It's really that simple. No mass produced anything will have perfect quality. It doesn't work that way.

or sell them or return them

Creases by the ankle collar, tip of swoosh "peeling" off, etc. I hope this is sarcasm. As stated 109,876,654 times consumers now a days complain too much about natural shoe imperfections or factory defect on J's. Yet the same complainers probably buying B grades at outlets but not complaining about any visible "imperfections."

I don't understand why people want something perfect that they're going to wear. I can understand wanting them perfect if you're going to sell them, because the other party might not like them or think they've been worn. But if you're going to wear them, who else can see the slight imperfections?

I'm not sure if it is concluded that stores don't let you look at the pair before purchases at stores.
But if seeing these peels or wrinkles, can't one ask for another? Especially if you are the one next in line. Even if it is a raffle, the first one there picks?
Since I pretty much do online or nothing, I order two then keep the best pair. If people can only buy the one that is given to them, then I am glad I don't buy in store.

Depends on store and employees. For FCFS line up I haven't seen that to be the case, but for picking up for raffle or guaranteed ticket I've noticed they'll let you look. When I got the black grapes dude asked if I wanted to look.

think conversations about the current price of j's has run its course? Not much has changed since my first pair in 85. 60 was alot for shoes the and jordans always set the bar on price and style with every release. my original playoffs viii box has a 89.99 price tag on it. may have been a sale price cause i think they went for 125. thats alot for 1993. prices today are pretty much inline i think.

Woke up too late for the ndc release but was still able to get the wife and I a pair.

Anybody tripping about creases must be on their first pair of 1s, put them on and add more creases.

They look better with creases tbh.
at first i hated creases  (still do on other shoes) but something special bout the 1s that make me not mind the creases. I like the way my chicagos creased and saves a lot of money for crease protectors for my 1s lol 

got my pair with ease. easily the highest quality Jordan 1 of the year. the leather on these is so buttery smooth. not as much as Banneds, but these feel even better than Royals (which i also have)
nthat.gif

After thinkin I struck out, hit up some local shops while at work.. ended up luckin out on my 11.5.

However, Pairs were sittin at NT Chi all day. Feel bad for those that slept cuz these are NICE.

I have a story for you all. Had 3 in my cart on 3 different sites:

NDC: Was in line, the waiting in line  just escaped itself after about 8 minutes, then they just had sizes 10 14 15 left

Footaction: Had in cart, couldnt check out for 30 min (still stuck in cart after that)

Champssports: Had stuck in cart, ALSO couldnt check out.

Alternated trying to get to MY CART for 2 hours on FTA and CHMPS for a size i thought would fit me. Struck out.

Called a couple malls, most had small sizes left. 8s and such. Found a 9.5 (my shoes that were in my above carts were 10.5), and i thought dang... not my size , but ill give it a try.

Turns out the shoe fits about .5 - .75 bigger than my normal size, and its a perfect fit!
pimp.gif
nthat.gif
smokin.gif
nthat.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Eastbay has a SIZE 12 in the PHAT version of this ON SALE for 89.99, someone act quick if they want it... has better quality leather and more cushioning

Score!! Just nabbed my size 10 from a ebay seller. Past 2 releases i missed on, i went on a mission messaging offers waiting for someone to bite. $170 shipped. Cant wait!

After thinkin I struck out, hit up some local shops while at work.. ended up luckin out on my 11.5.

However, Pairs were sittin at NT Chi all day. Feel bad for those that slept cuz these are NICE.
I have a feeling that all the people who slept on these due to toros being released the same day will eventually come around and start wanting pairs. add to that the blk/reds are coming soon, and youll get the collectors wanting to grab the 1s they slept on in order to have a more complete collection.

im not saying prices r gonna skyrocket or anything but they wont be going any lower than 180-200 on CL, I'd expect to see people asking 220 taking the first 200-210 to come along

Honestly, I passed on the Toros for these. Toros just didn't do it for me. Despite that, I picked up two pairs of toros for friends and one of these for me. Can't wait to get em' in from EastBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom