Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ those are the phat release. The actual shoes have a lighter grey. The color blocking is way less harsh........I love the fact that know one knows about these. Hopefully everyone who TRULY wants these get them

^ This!

I know RD is 2 months away, but still, these are pretty quiet in the streets.

Putting a sneaker above another just because of historical significance instead of what you like makes you a hypebeast.

So if Jordan dropped 50 in a sneaker that makes you want it more?

No, that makes the WORLD want it more.
I personally don't feel we can label someone a hypebeast because they like a certain Jordan.
Yeezys, yes. Jordans, no.

Last edited:
^ This!

I know RD is 2 months away, but still, these are pretty quiet in the streets.

Outside of NTers & enthusiasts, Royals were/are quiet in the streets also. Judging by the way the blk/gold 1 thread is going as of late, it wouldn't surprise me to see this cycle with every NA OG color way.

The original branding on the air Jordan 1's will bring everyone into the excitement. I don't see how this wont eventually culminate into the black/red 1 being a holiday release but I digress. I'm pretty sure by June 22nd, Getting a pair of Nike Air 1's for retail will be like catching a leprechaun...

The original branding on the air Jordan 1's will bring everyone into the excitement. I don't see how this wont eventually culminate into the black/red 1 being a holiday release but I digress. I'm pretty sure by June 22nd, Getting a pair of Nike Air 1's for retail will be like catching a leprechaun...

Maybe...clovers released fcfs here in la at nikesm, so maybe the shadows will get the same release treatment

I just heard that these will be limited. I'm not sure how "limited" because all these OG air Jordan 1's have been pretty limited but after all the hooplah with the black/gold 1's I'm extra cautious now. Everyone now has all their attention on the black toes but afterwards I think this shoe is about to be really really hyped

I just heard that these will be limited. I'm not sure how "limited" because all these OG air Jordan 1's have been pretty limited but after all the hooplah with the black/gold 1's I'm extra cautious now. Everyone now has all their attention on the black toes but afterwards I think this shoe is about to be really really hyped

It's going to be like that all year. One Nike Air 1 down, everyone's onto the next. We been waiting a while to get all this proper.

But none of these 1's will be like the black n Golds. Everyone can put those in their rear view. They had a release centered around a Jordan Brand annual event and were very clearly labeled a QS by Nike from the jump.

People need to quit this. Can members here not a catch info trends?? How many times does it have to be seen or said? Retro+ NA 1 will be Knicks and celtics numbers and stores. No matter the popularity before or after release. They are the same business plan. OG NA 1's will be Royals numbers in total. Same retailers will have the rest. The only change there is that the rest will have more US pairs bc they are not a release for anything special (all star and MJ Bday). QS NA 1's will be like the Black n Golds, but it's probably not too likely we see another QS, well because they are only done for specific reasons and are QS's. When you all survive the Black Toe release, expect this release to be the exact same, numbers and retailers.

^^ I highly doubt that the Knicks/celtics had the same production numbers for the simple fact that the royals weren't available in the same places the Knicks and celtics 1's were available at. Don't get me wrong I understand that these are for the most part GR but this marketing ploy is unlike anything we've ever seen. They finally gave us what we want with original branding but at the cost of these shoes becoming hip amongst the masses. You've got people paying over $400 for air Jordan 1's now. You got 19 year old kids trying to give you backstory on Air Jordan's. C'mon! Supply and demand is the whole aim. Nike's logic is lets make these shoes that literally take about 4 bucks to make and have no technology in them what so ever and make everyone want them AGAIN! My hats off to Nike. Resellers, hypebeasts, collectors, ball players. Everyone wants to be like '85 mike and not '96 mike...

If u could cop "09 shadows ds right now or these when they drop. Which ones would u go for?

How's quality on 09 leather really? I don't care much if its got a jumpman or not they aren't og either way lol

Cant see these being  as limited as the Black and Gold joints. 

Def cop for me !

Last edited:
If u could cop "09 shadows ds right now or these when they drop. Which ones would u go for?

How's quality on 09 leather really? I don't care much if its got a jumpman or not they aren't og either way lol

About a month ago I would've told you to get the '09 pair but now I'm curious to see how this 2013 pair will turn out. The '09 quality is bananas though. I never appreciated it till I beat them in to death and they're still holding up really well (I have em on right now). But this years quality is gonna be similar to the royals which ain't half bad

Imo the quality on the '09 is honestly one of the best I have ever seen from Nike or JB, hands down, no bs. I bought mine ds last year and I love them. If you can find 09's I'd say go for it. :smokin Btw It was an og colorway or is it the year that you meant? (not a sideways comment by any means)

Last edited:
About a month ago I would've told you to get the '09 pair but now I'm curious to see how this 2013 pair will turn out. The '09 quality is bananas though. I never appreciated it till I beat them in to death and they're still holding up really well (I have em on right now). But this years quality is gonna be similar to the royals which ain't half bad

I'm curious too. Would you agree that the 09 quality is better than the 13 royals?

It's going to be like that all year. One Nike Air 1 down, everyone's onto the next. We been waiting a while to get all this proper.

But none of these 1's will be like the black n Golds. Everyone can put those in their rear view. They had a release centered around a Jordan Brand annual event and were very clearly labeled a QS by Nike from the jump.

Nothing will be like the Gold's for the simple fact we've had info on the Blk Toes and Shadows months ago. The Blk Golds just came outta nowhere, and like Ape said they were labeled QS.

But Ape, you cant jump be so sure that the Blk Golds will be the only QS. I can easily see JB dropping another QS 1.

^^ I highly doubt that the Knicks/celtics had the same production numbers for the simple fact that the royals weren't available in the same places the Knicks and celtics 1's were available at. Don't get me wrong I understand that these are for the most part GR but this marketing ploy is unlike anything we've ever seen. They finally gave us what we want with original branding but at the cost of these shoes becoming hip amongst the masses. You've got people paying over $400 for air Jordan 1's now. You got 19 year old kids trying to give you backstory on Air Jordan's. C'mon! Supply and demand is the whole aim. Nike's logic is lets make these shoes that literally take about 4 bucks to make and have no technology in them what so ever and make everyone want them AGAIN! My hats off to Nike. Resellers, hypebeasts, collectors, ball players. Everyone wants to be like '85 mike and not '96 mike...

:lol:

Last edited:

If you don't care about the OG treatment I'd easily tell you grab the '09 while they're cheap. Cuz once photos surface of these, and sellers with the '09s catch glimpse prices will jump cuz hype,

I'm curious too. Would you agree that the 09 quality is better than the 13 royals?

The '09 Shadows are up there with the Vegas 1's & Banned 1's. In other words they're notches better then '13 Retro 1's. They use higher quality and soft leather.

depends on the price of  the 09's, i mean you'd be looking at 130-140 for the 2013 shadows w/ possible na branding but inferior quality to the 09's. 

if na or jumpman doesnt matter, maybe the price will. (dont forget about availabilty too) 

By far it is better. I mean the quality on the OG branded 1's were superb. I was very impressed with the Knicks and especially the celtics 1's too but JB was on some other ish back in '09 with that quality. I kinda want another pair of '09's now...

Looked for a pair of 09' only found one on feebay for $400 my size

Last edited:
I'm saving for these. Hope they are an easier cop than the Royals...I somewhat doubt it though

I believe it'll be GR but in the same vein as the royals. GR but a gamble to get at retail. I feel like the Nike J Dunk pack was a prelude to what the Big Air Jordan 1's would be this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom