Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is supposed to be a love for the shoe which what makes us sneakerheads. There is significant, and also different meanings for all of us why we buy shoes. Could be historical significance, memories, childhood, whatever. But to buy a shoe because its limited and to manipulate it towards other purchases is an offense to people who truly love this shoe. It's ridiculous. The shoes mean a lot to us but meaningless for you? They just have nice colors or they are limited and can be used as trade bait? That's offensive to people like myself who really love this shoe.
Youre talking to someone who is buying these shoes and that I mean Jordans in general because I missed out on them when I was kid because I parents refused to buy them. Hell you're talking to someone who had to wear Hakeem Olajuwons spalding shoe because thats what my parents could afford at the time. I have my first decent job with my degree and I literally buy almost every one that comes out because I can now. Now while Im comfortable by no means am I rich. After a few months of just buying shoes, flat out its expensive, and quite frankly irresponsible. So if I can basically get all my shoes for 50% off which is essentially what it is if Im able to get two I am going to do it. I am not the guy running around town buying shoes to make a living or 8 and 9 and 10 pairs, but if I can cut my expenses down by asking for 2 shoes instead of one Im going to do it. What I find most interesting is that half of the people on here post about hating resellers and this and that, but then when you ask anyone if theyve seen your size anywhere, they hit with a pm trying to do guess what? Sell you a pair for resell prices. Not only are there dudes on here who clearly are resellers and no one gives them crap about it, in fact even applaud them sometimes, with 10+ pairs, but then when a guy is honest about buying one extra pair of a shoe he was on the fence about I am crucified about it, I do not get that.

so what comes after royals and black metallics? black toes or shadows? celtics/knicks/bulls?
personally would say shadows then knicks after that. Alot of people slept on the knicks including myself but they actually have good quality. Banneds still on top for best pair of 1s in a while, doubtful the drop of the breds in the winter will be anywhere near those but if they are like the royals 
nthat.gif

Youre talking to someone who is buying these shoes and that I mean Jordans in general because I missed out on them when I was kid because I parents refused to buy them. Hell you're talking to someone who had to wear Hakeem Olajuwons spalding shoe because thats what my parents could afford at the time. I have my first decent job with my degree and I literally buy almost every one that comes out because I can now. Now while Im comfortable by no means am I rich. After a few months of just buying shoes, flat out its expensive, and quite frankly irresponsible. So if I can basically get all my shoes for 50% off which is essentially what it is if Im able to get two I am going to do it. I am not the guy running around town buying shoes to make a living or 8 and 9 and 10 pairs, but if I can cut my expenses down by asking for 2 shoes instead of one Im going to do it. What I find most interesting is that half of the people on here post about hating resellers and this and that, but then when you ask anyone if theyve seen your size anywhere, they hit with a pm trying to do guess what? Sell you a pair for resell prices. Not only are there dudes on here who clearly are resellers and no one gives them crap about it, in fact even applaud them sometimes, with 10+ pairs, but then when a guy is honest about buying one extra pair of a shoe he was on the fence about I am crucified about it, I do not get that.
Well the way you described why you made your purchase is something a hypebeast would say. It probably wasn't your intent, but you came off as showboating and someone who only hops on popular trends with some ignorance.

^ Exactly what Eddiengambino said. Fam if you really love this game as we all do, don't disrespect it saying "limited = cop". I can understand what your saying now and you do what you have to do. But that "limited = cop" is not the right thing to say here with people such as myself who really love these specific pairs of shoes. Just don't say stuff like immature Hypebeasts will say

I guess my statement was vague, what I meant by "I dunno" is that I maybe becoming an aj1 fan now bc of how well they look with jeans. The reason I bought them is bc for the simple fact theyre limited and they had my size and could be potentially used as trade bait or a good resell down the line.

Forget these people here. Don't fall into their trap of ignorance. I am completely fine with what you said.

I personally only have two pairs of 1s. This pair and Air Jordan Retro I (1) Military Pearl White / Hay – Walnut. I am pretty selective on my cw espeically since 1s have a crazy amount of choices.
In general limitness may increase my desire for a pair, but would not be a turning point that pushes me from not wanting to wanting though. I totally understand the fact that people buy limited to trade or sell and there is NOTHING wrong with that. It is a game and people too slow or poor will lose and it is a fact of life. Some want to live in a fairy tale life where everything is easy-peasy.

I myself buy only my size to wear or dbl up to wear in the future once the first one is ded. In the meantime, I may sell if the right price is offered cause I'm not stupid to NOT GAIN when others offer.

Originally Posted by amitt5504  

Originally Posted by chronicsneaker  

so what comes after royals and black metallics? black toes or shadows? celtics/knicks/bulls?

Vegas 1s
mean.gif

Here are my rankings of 1's released in 2013 thus far:

1) Royals

2) Black/Metallic Gold

3) Shadows

4) Black Toes

5) Knicks/Bulls

6) Celtics

Last edited:
Not really.  It's an investment.  Spend $140 on something you're not sure about, but 100% sure that when you decide to get your cash back, you will guarantee get more than $140.
yes and no, everyone bases these 1s off of the royals and black patent leathers, but these are still sitting in some locations no where near as limited as royals. Seems like everyone who got a pair of these got them with ease. Royals on the other hand were a trip as most NTers had to scramble and get theirs overseas. Most spots had like 8 pairs of those in store, Niketowns had like 20-25. Dont see shadows having that much value as people think..just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom