Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
My man Hust1e :pimp:

Real talk, I like these more than the Royals.

Don't eeeeeeeem care. YOLO YOLO YOLO YOLO.

Working on tracking down a second pair right now. I'm gonna beat the crap out of these at school this fall!

Looking good on feet fam^
Thanks b
My man Hust1e
pimp.gif

Real talk, I like these more than the Royals.

Don't eeeeeeeem care. YOLO YOLO YOLO YOLO.
Mannnnnnnnn. You might be right. That grey is just so cold. 
nthat.gif

I still wouldnt mind a pair of royals tho LOL. Thats pretty much a lost cause though. Hopefully I can score the upcoming blk/reds 1s
They got more?
As of Tuesday afternoon, all that was left was a 8.5

Last edited:
Man these are def my "go to" shoes right now. I had to put them in the back of the closet to stop me from wearing them lol. Since they've come out, whenever my outfit calls for black kicks I'm either pulling out these, black sail Roshes or Black Cement III's. I def wish i would've doubled up.

Man these are def my "go to" shoes right now. I had to put them in the back of the closet to stop me from wearing them lol. Since they've come out, whenever my outfit calls for black kicks I'm either pulling out these, black sail Roshes or Black Cement III's. I def wish i would've doubled up.

Yeah, wear mine a lot more than I thought I would. Sort of wish I doubled up, but I got toros.

Not saying the 13's aren't nice. i like them and I think these and the royals have the best quality this year out of all JB releases. With that being said the quality of leather and even the nubuck on the 09's was imo only matched by Vegas 1's and surpassed by the banneds

The people who downplay the 2009's are ones who don't have them. I stashed mine and wear these instead.

Last edited:
Get them while you still can. My bro is picking up his second pair for $160 of a FB group. That's $10 more than retail if you include Cali tax.

I wear these pretty much everyday im not at work. Nice thing with 1s is the minimal creasing you get at first is usually all u get for life. Where my toebox naturally creases, it wont get any worse. This cw really is neutral so to speak. I would maybe double up but only like way down the road when all the new resellers are giving up the game haha. These were pretty available and some ebayers were practically bluelighting these things on rd. Given time you will see these cheapen up. Great shoe but nothing that says cult classic status to maintain anty big value.

I wear these pretty much everyday im not at work. Nice thing with 1s is the minimal creasing you get at first is usually all u get for life. Where my toebox naturally creases, it wont get any worse. This cw really is neutral so to speak. I would maybe double up but only like way down the road when all the new resellers are giving up the game haha. These were pretty available and some ebayers were practically bluelighting these things on rd. Given time you will see these cheapen up. Great shoe but nothing that says cult classic status to maintain anty big value.

I's age well

I think these are already something of a cult classic; that is, they have relatively small, yet highly loyal following and aren't widely sought after by most of the mainstream. Cult status also usually refers to films that are not huge financial successes, but exhibit attributes of high quality.  I think the term suits these nicely.

Last edited:
I think these are already something of a cult classic; that is, they have relatively small, yet highly loyal following and aren't widely sought after by most of the mainstream. Cult status also usually refers to films that are not huge financial successes, but exhibit attributes of high quality.  I think the term suits these nicely.
Good point. Do u think cult classic derives more from high quality, popularity or combinations of both?

Good point. Do u think cult classic derives more from high quality, popularity or combinations of both?Generaly
It is kind of subjective. Generally, something that is a cult classic is either overlooked, or poorly accept by the mainstream when it is first released.  It's usually after some time has passed before it gains popularity with a relatively small core group, who then become extremely devoted fans( although sometimes it is instantaneous).  Think of Star Trek fans getting dressed up to go to the conventions.  These fans find great value in Star Trek, while others may either not like it, or think that it's just ok.  The cult followers find whatever they are following to be of high quality, relative to how the majority see it.  SOmetimes, the cult fans are so vocal that they spur renewed interest in films that were initially poorly accepted.  This in generally a mark of something visionary, or before its time. I hope this helps!

Last edited:
It is kind of subjective. Generally, something that is a cult classic is either overlooked, or poorly accept by the mainstream when it is first released.  It's usually after some time has passed before it gains popularity with a relatively small core group, who then become extremely devoted fans( although sometimes it is instantaneous).  Think of Star Trek fans getting dressed up to go to the conventions.  These fans find great value in Star Trek, while others may either not like it, or think that it's just ok.  The cult followers find whatever they are following to be of high quality, relative to how the majority see it.  SOmetimes, the cult fans are so vocal that they spur renewed interest in films that were initially poorly accepted.  This in generally a mark of something visionary, or before its time. I hope this helps!
It always seems like there are varied reasons for a film becoming a cult classic but yes the common theme seems to be it starts out panned in some form hence star trek, star wars, rocky horror to a lesser extent. I saw a movie in theater way back called rocketman which is now considered some cult classic now. Wonder how many films today could really achieve that status since never seems anyone wants to rock the boat though realistically studios are way more "big brother". Then again not that a cult classic is preconcieved. Haha def helped but sorry i took a left turn to geek out on the subject. Eloquent talk, thanks.)

It always seems like there are varied reasons for a film becoming a cult classic but yes the common theme seems to be it starts out panned in some form hence star trek, star wars, rocky horror to a lesser extent. I saw a movie in theater way back called rocketman which is now considered some cult classic now. Wonder how many films today could really achieve that status since never seems anyone wants to rock the boat though realistically studios are way more "big brother". Then again not that a cult classic is preconcieved. Haha def helped but sorry i took a left turn to geek out on the subject. Eloquent talk, thanks.)
This is an excellent point.  I haven't been keeping up with movies for the past few years, but I think 'Looper' might achieve that.  I know that I instantly wanted a sequel when the movie was done, and I can see a lot of people writing fan fiction inspired by that film (my own mind wandered into "what if' territory haha).

Also remember that poplar films/items can have cult followings (i met a man the other day, had to be close to 50, who said he had 77 pairs of Kobes, and I believe him), but a true cult classic was overlooked by the majority in the beginning.

When you have people saying that these are better than Royals in thread with only 160 pages, that says something.  There have been numerous threads devoted to the Royals, each with hundreds of pages.  Yes Royals have a cult following, but they are, and always have been, too popular to be considered a cult classic.  They are just a classic.  But I still like these more( just how I like Blade Runner more than Star Wars).

IMO there's no comparison. These are better than royals. Basically the same shoe just way more versatile and super low key. I've probably worn mine 15-20 times already. Wore my royals 3x since Feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom