Air Jordan 1 High OG Black/Gray aka Shadow 1's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sz 9.5/10 2013 shadow is IMPOSSIBLE to find DS I swear. This is nuts!

Crazy story..
I too was giving up hope

I typed in the style code to google and the first link that popped up was fliest kicks

214 for a DS sz 10

Last edited:
Crazy story..
I too was giving up hope

I typed in the style code to them and the first link that popped up was fliest kicks

214 for a DS sz 10

Ahhhh mannnnnn. How long ago was this? I just went there and their was only sz 13 and 14. I should've doubled when I had the chance. I don't want to double on royals or blk/red's because those are heavily loved CW's. We'll see them again within another 10-12 years (maybe even in a pack >D ) but I'm scared we won't see the shadows in OG form again for another 28 years :frown:

Last edited:
why are these so hard to obtain. its basic colorway compared to royal and breds

The appeal for me at least, is the fact that it's essentially the royal/blk and red color blocking but in an achromatic color. It's like its in...the "shadow" of its 2 more popular counterparts but in actuality...it's the best color scheme :wow:

The appeal for me at least, is the fact that it's essentially the royal/blk and red color blocking but in an achromatic color. It's like its in...the "shadow" of its 2 more popular counterparts but in actuality...it's the best color scheme :wow:
That hurts man, it hurts :lol:.

Ahhhh mannnnnn. How long ago was this? I just went there and their was only sz 13 and 14. I should've doubled when I had the chance. I don't want to double on royals or blk/red's because those are heavily loved CW's. We'll see them again within another 10-12 years (maybe even in a pack
grin.gif
) but I'm scared we won't see the shadows in OG form again for another 28 years
frown.gif
I bought them 2 wks ago or so

Last edited:
why are these so hard to obtain. its basic colorway compared to royal and breds

Because people waited so late. They weren't hard to get when they released.

People didn't buy multiples, because there was no resell value. People bought them to wear.

Because people waited so late. They weren't hard to get when they released.

People didn't buy multiples, because there was no resell value. People bought them to wear.

I ended up buying multiples of this shoe for the sole reason that I could wear such a simple colorway for years and years. I get why the bred 1's are so sought after but in terms of wearability they have far less value to me than the shadows.

I ended up buying multiples of this shoe for the sole reason that I could wear such a simple colorway for years and years. I get why the bred 1's are so sought after but in terms of wearability they have far less value to me than the shadows.

This. After hype dust settles these come out on top

Im actually happy with the one pair i got. Originally i was gonna pass because at the time, i didnt have the schedule to have the chance and i really didnt want to go through that stress for a pair that was not even close on my list all year. That said i really liked em and when i noticed they sat longer than the other 1s, i figured why not wheel and deal some ebayers. Got 170 shipped that Sunday or Monday and felt good about it. I would have no problem with a double but eh, not for over 200. Still though, for anyone who never got em, drop the coin while you can. Its worth one pair. I juat gotta learn better to take care of em lol. If more people would take care of thier stuff, there really wouldnt be a need for multiple of stuff you juat want to wear. Mine get worn like twice a week and have the average creasing and scuff mark but nothing bad and they could pass for vnds now and maybe years from now. Only problem for me is the elements in pgh. Salt and stuff can be tough but these ones clean up good. A good buy for those who really want to wear em. The tick up in resell is only an added ego trip of owning em. Most noobs expected the og 1 resell blowup and it didnt happen, hence they dumped pairs cheap right away. I cant be shocked at the slow increase for a ds pair. Whats shocking is seeing people dropping almost 200 for a gs pair tried on. I also have in watch on ebay a pair of royals worn 4x (so they say) pushing the 350 mark. People dont want to except the cost but it ended up worth it. I had a chance in the past to load up on an item in huge demand even though the price was double U.S. retail per pair. Part of me was like most, thats too much, i would never pay that, wait for restock but the seasoned collector in me knew better and took the bait. I can still get maybe a handfull now at the same price and thats a bargain. If you can buy something at double resell and in some years sell for double that, its pretty good. Thats an extreme case but just know the 2 or 225 you spend on em now, wear em, take care of em and you may very well get that back out of em if you decide. Im not into wearing and dumping off but it can be an ideal that helps tight wad fencesitters feel better about. Dang, rant over.

Ahhhh mannnnnn. How long ago was this? I just went there and their was only sz 13 and 14. I should've doubled when I had the chance. I don't want to double on royals or blk/red's because those are heavily loved CW's. We'll see them again within another 10-12 years (maybe even in a pack
grin.gif
) but I'm scared we won't see the shadows in OG form again for another 28 years
frown.gif
wont see them in OG form again for another 28 years ? godamn u ll most likely see them in 4 years or something lol 

So happy I doubled up on these. I bought my first pair on release date at my local finish line at about noon. Bought my second pair VVNDS (worn 1x) back in August for under retail. My girlfriend decided she wanted a pair a few weeks ago, so I started looking around. I can't believe they have gone up in price so much!

Ahhhh mannnnnn. How long ago was this? I just went there and their was only sz 13 and 14. I should've doubled when I had the chance. I don't want to double on royals or blk/red's because those are heavily loved CW's. We'll see them again within another 10-12 years (maybe even in a pack >D ) but I'm scared we won't see the shadows in OG form again for another 28 years :frown:

Tried hitting up the cat who I bought my 2nd pair from a few weeks ago because I remembered he had a 9.5, but he already sold em.. I'll keep a look out! I do know of a guy who has a size 11 for $180 I believe

Last edited:
@dquezad***9  I'm normally a size 8. The availability of this shoe is getting smaller so giving a chance for a size 7 to me is very desperate.

But yeah, I should definitely just stuck to 7.5 / 8s. 

I like when nike/jb does the 2 shoe drop on the same day. I know if the shadows dropped by themselves, they might have been a little harder to get,as it was the Merced sheikh had a 10.5,11 and 11.5 when I hot mine. Echoed the same statement like "wow people are sleeping on these big time."

Ughh been away from shoes since 2007/2008 cdp drops. Missed all of 2013, which appears to have been one of the best years. Sighh

DS 7Y popped up on a local site for $150. If anyone needs it LMK and I will send the link to you.

Deals are out there... Just saw a DS sz 13 for $170 shipped on FB.

If I didn't already have a pair I woulda jumped on it. Just be observant.

Still looking for that size 7.5 / 8 ! 

I wonder if a size 7 will work ... 
alien.gif
7 is extremely small, don't bother taking that risk.  I would go up 8.5 instead of downgrade to 7.  Worst case you can wear one of those sneaker-anti-crease pad.  

I'm an 8 too btw.

Lol what you mean fam? It's simple economics. Supply vs demand. If there is low supply, there is high demand. If a lot of supply, there is no demand.

Had to LOL when I read this.  Supply and demand does not say that supply determines demand.  It says that supply and demand together determine PRICES.  Simple economics huh?  
roll.gif

For example, the supply of Shadows is staying the same or even decreasing as remaining pairs are being bought and worn and taken off the market.  Demand is increasing due to Black & Red hype.  Therefore, prices on Shadows are going up.  THAT is simple economics.  
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom