Air Jordan 1 x UNION LA Thread

Edit: guy above posted the link but here is the part from the thread:

Now to the best part. Sneaker authenticating. That process blew my mind. You are expected to authenticate 55 shoes per hour! That’s basically 1 shoe per minute. These guys are machines. They quickly examine the shoe, check the bottoms and inside to make sure its not worn, sniff it, and put the green tag on it. They work at such a rapid pace that there’s NO WAY they can do their job to the fullest. So many fakes and worn shoes must slip through the cracks. I couldn’t picture myself doing that for 50 hours a week. I’d go insane.

people just don’t want to do there job right at stockx or any where else they don’t care that’s why stuff gets pass but people got to understand no store is perfect and there will be errors made good and bad I heard stories of stockx sending free shoes Nike refunding money after the shoes already shipped etc

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20181203203628322_COVER.jpg

No joke. No update. No access to tracking. Just showed up out of nowhere and lucky enough someone was home.

Last edited:
Edit: guy above posted the link but here is the part from the thread:

Lmaooooo. No wonder fakes are getting through. Sniffing it doesn't do ****. My mates have fake Yeezys and I know it smells like ***, but if you put it out in the sun for 10-12 hours, the smell will disappear completely. You know their authentication process is half-arsed when you're hit with a quota to authenticate x amount of shoes per hour. Not to mention it's impossible to know how to legit check every single sneaker out there anyway. I doubt they'd have the knowledge to do so. They probably won't even know or have seen some of the rarer and less sought after sneakers

Definitely not stupid, it's called reality. Until robots are authenticating sneakers, there will always be some percentage of human error involved.

I didn't pay in fake money so my shoes should be real. They should have built their business to scale. It's no one but their responsibility to catch these errors. Why as a consumer should I expect mistakes from a companies who's whole gimmick is authenticating shoes? You're making excuses for receiving fakes, what a stupid thing to say.

There's the reality of human error and then there's the reality of not having a legitimate process of authenticating goods and it seems like stockX lies with the latter part.

You also forgot to add their blatant refusal to admit when fakes get through their system

Last edited:
I didn't pay in fake money so my shoes should be real. They should have built their business to scale. It's no one but their responsibility to catch these errors. Why as a consumer should I expect mistakes from a companies who's whole gimmick is authenticating shoes?

For once, I agree with you. :lol:

I didn't pay in fake money so my shoes should be real. They should have built their business to scale. It's no one but their responsibility to catch these errors. Why as a consumer should I expect mistakes from a companies who's whole gimmick is authenticating shoes? You're making excuses for receiving fakes, what a stupid thing to say.

Human error and mistakes will always be there and it's inevitable for every business out there. But the decent thing to do would be to admit their wrongdoings and compensate buyers, both of which Stockx has never done and probably won't do. It's true tho, if consumers are paying for a service to authenticate products and they receive fakes, then it's no different to buying it on Ebay or Grailed lol.

Has anyone actually been charged for 15% of the transaction fee when they didn't ship within 2 business days or flaked the transaction? From what I've heard, even though their TOS states that, there isn't actually a legal binding contract between Stockx and the seller, and therefore impossible to impose this penalty.

Human error and mistakes will always be there and it's inevitable for every business out there. But the decent thing to do would be to admit their wrongdoings and compensate buyers, both of which Stockx has never done and probably won't do. It's true tho, if consumers are paying for a service to authenticate products and they receive fakes, then it's no different to buying it on Ebay or Grailed lol.

This I don't debate. "To be human is to err" and all that jazz. But dude was making a blanket statement covering them. I'm amazed at how many people have been making excuses for these businesses. It's inexcusable for a business that "authenticates" shoes to fail and then deny their error. Like you said for all that you might as well risk it on ebay.

Has anyone actually been charged for 15% of the transaction fee when they didn't ship within 2 business days or flaked the transaction? From what I've heard, even though their TOS states that, there isn't actually a legal binding contract between Stockx and the seller, and therefore impossible to impose this penalty.

I keep hearing that they don't charge it and more than likely they wouldn't because they would have to fight a ton of charge backs. It's probably written in there to sound tough.

This I don't debate. "To be human is to err" and all that jazz. But dude was making a blanket statement covering them. I'm amazed at how many people have been making excuses for these businesses. It's inexcusable for a business that "authenticates" shoes to fail and then deny their error. Like you said for all that you might as well risk it on ebay.

Facts. Just realised something....one thing for sure is both Stockx and Union are lacking in the customer support department haha. I still haven't got shipping confirmation lmaoo

Facts. Just realised something....one thing for sure is both Stockx and Union are lacking in the customer support department haha. I still haven't got shipping confirmation lmaoo

Lmao I've been saying this the whole time but the Zen Masters said I'm a cry baby. It's no reason it should have taken this long nor should they have gone this long without an official statement. The fact their turning off comments and doing restock is a slap in the face of the people still waiting.

This should be crybaby thread instead of crying on here go cry to them see what they tell you and for the million time no tracking no nothing well they posted a number to call them on here .. your guys vibes are too low if I don’t like what some store done or is doing simply never buy again has any one called and ask for a refund ? Did you even get one ? Have u called ups and ask them we’re ur package u have a tracking number what have y’all done to fix the problem ? Nothing beside cry

This should be crybaby thread instead of crying on here go cry to them see what they tell you and for the million time no tracking no nothing well they posted a number to call them on here .. your guys vibes are too low if I don’t like what some store done or is doing simply never buy again has any one called and ask for a refund ? Did you even get one ? Have u called ups and ask them we’re ur package u have a tracking number what have y’all done to fix the problem ? Nothing beside cry

How's this crying lmao. I paid 70$ for shipping and its been almost 10 business days and I still haven't received shipping confirmation. Who said we haven't emailed and called them lmao. They don't even bother to reply via their email anymore. How can I "fix the problem" when I don't even have a tracking number to begin with , let alone call UPS LOL

Back
Top Bottom