AIR JORDAN 11 “GRATITUDE” / THANK YOU - 12/09/2023

We also gotta normalize differences.. Ill give you PL cut being more true but OG DMP's poop on the new pair. These are so true to OG but they have a leather upper :lol:

If you feel they are better cool.. that's crazy talk to me though lmao.
What are you talking about “true to OG but they have a leather upper” ??

Neither pair is an OG XI so I don’t understand what point you’re making here. I just know this shoe as far as shape and aesthetics looks closer to what I had as a kid. Everything that came after the ‘00/‘01 releases looked like a knockoff until the shoe got fixed in ‘16 and got tweaked even further in ‘18 to be as close to the original pairs as we’ve seen.

IMG_9136.jpeg

LMFAO 😩🤣🤣🤣

Are we really gonna pretend that looks like an XI? The 06 literally looks like the grade school pair I bought my daughter lol.

Last edited:
Boo_Radley_ Boo_Radley_ You made a post, replying to another member, telling us how the 06 is not as true to the original pairs as the 23 pair is but the new pair has an entire leather upper. Not adding up.

And 06s are in the same boat as 00/01's minus the JM direction.

The backwards jumpman alone makes the dmp pair trash. They were a step down from 00-01 retros, which themselves weren’t good. The XIs we’ve been getting since 2016 have been way better than any of the prior retros.
Most here will never come to terms with just how bad those early 2000s were both in quality and shape.
After a strong hiatus from the model the Concord Jams marked the first time they got things back on track. Each OG entry since has been a hit hell even the IEs have been upgraded.

Last retro of the jams was trash. They looked amazing but were cardboard thin and mad uncomfortable around the ankle and on my foot. Maybe some of the people talking about 2000 pairs weren’t around then and are assuming. My DMPs are more comfortable than any XI after them. I also don’t think most people know what comfortable shoes are.

If y’all are saying the 2000 space jam retro was better than 2016 idk what to say.
You walked in both? Like I said before, the 2016 jams are gorgeous but fall short on comfort and easily makes the 2001 pair better. I’m not a girl wearing uncomfortable shoes to flex on dudes. Just admit they aren’t comfortable. I bet people defending post 2006 XIs think Chucks are comfortable.

I love the 11s and have several pairs but I would be delusional if I say that the quality is AAA. they are rubbish in comparison to newer Js and the OGs. I'm keeping my old pairs for nostalgia and casual wear but I wouldn't be purchasing them anymore unless something special is done to them to make them worth your money. for me, the ship has sailed for these retros.

You walked in both? Like I said before, the 2016 jams are gorgeous but fall short on comfort and easily makes the 2001 pair better. I’m not a girl wearing uncomfortable shoes to flex on dudes. Just admit they aren’t comfortable. I bet people defending post 2006 XIs think Chucks are comfortable.
I find the OG Chucks comfortable. but that was when I was weighing around 115 lbs.

If y’all are saying the 2000 space jam retro was better than 2016 idk what to say.

Sold off my 2016 pair. They were stiff as hell to me and couldnt deal with that 45 anymore. I still wear my '09 pair though and in terms of comfort, they were a lot better to walk around in.

Yes I still wear my 2016 pair and I had (and wore) every xi retro from 00-02. Also had og concords. I don’t find the 2016 pair uncomfortable at all. They do have a bit of a hollow feel, but that’s not enough to label them uncomfortable. Every other detail is superior on the 2016.

If you’re talking about on court comfort then I would suggest a modern basketball shoe rather than a lifestyle retro version of a 30 year old shoe. For walking around they are 100% fine.

These will always hold a special place in my heart because my girl (now my wife) and I had just started dating that year and even though I had been away from copping sneakers for a few years, I still mentioned these in passing. She picked up on that and managed to track down a pair (basically asked my cousin to give up his pair) and they were my first Christmas gift from her. Probably one of the biggest surprises I’ve ever received as a gift.

But yeah, the shape on these are straight bum sauce compared to the recent releases. Lol

Reactions: DSW
Back to the Gratitude though. I brought out my EA pair to lace up for my Vegas trip the other week and these are snug as hell. Ended up buying another pair half size up

Yeah as far as comfort goes any retro outside of a 3 just isn’t comfortable if that’s what you’re looking for, and even those aren’t comfortable when you compare them to modern sneakers. I don’t work out in Jordan’s and I don’t even hoop in Jordans at this point. The XI that I’ve worn the most in my life was my 2001 playoffs and if I’m keeping it a buck those werent comfortable at all. I’ve worn the 2018 concords a couple of times and they felt better, wore the 2019 playoffs finally last month and they were killing my pinky toe something serious.

Another issue I think a lot of people on these boards have is a lot of cats genuinely don’t know their true shoe size lol. Every thread I see guys begging for sizing help. If your walking around in the wrong size of course the comfort is gonna suffer.

Back
Top Bottom