Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

$375?
1631048629804.gif

People always do this guys. They are trying to capitalize on desperation and hype. HWC Lebron 8s were $400 a month before release. Now they can be had under retail. Just. Be. Patient.

People always do this guys. They are trying to capitalize on desperation and hype. HWC Lebron 8s were $400 a month before release. Now they can be had under retail. Just. Be. Patient.
I know. It's just hilarious to me every time I see it. Especially when I see it less than two weeks before the release, not months early. No one wants these more than me ... I've waited 20+ years, I think I can make it 10 more days LOL. I would love to know how many sales of these that particular shop has completed at those ridiculous prices.

I know. It's just hilarious to me every time I see it. Especially when I see it less than two weeks before the release, not months early. No one wants these more than me ... I've waited 20+ years, I think I can make it 10 more days LOL. I would love to know how many sales of these that particular shop has completed at those ridiculous prices.
My guess is zero. These are really only desired by old heads like us who know what these are. I mean in guess if they slapped off white on them hype would be through the roof. The whole thing has become ridiculous. Used to be an early release meant you had a plug and still got em fir retail. Times have drastically changed.

My guess is zero. These are really only desired by old heads like us who know what these are. I mean in guess if they slapped off white on them hype would be through the roof. The whole thing has become ridiculous. Used to be an early release meant you had a plug and still got em fir retail. Times have drastically changed.
I hope you’re correct man but I expect to catch nothing but Ls and be forced to pay some level of resale. Just because everything is a thing nowadays. People will buy these just because they exist and regardless of if they know what they even are.

I hope you’re correct man but I expect to catch nothing but Ls and be forced to pay some level of resale. Just because everything is a thing nowadays. People will buy these just because they exist and regardless of if they know what they even are.
I wonder if this whole everything selling out is gonna be a thing for much longer because from what I read the extra unemployment benefits many were cashing in on has ended so i feel people are not gonna have all this extra money anymore to just blow on anything they can get their hands on.

I wonder if this whole everything selling out is gonna be a thing for much longer because from what I read the extra unemployment benefits many were cashing in on has ended so i feel people are not gonna have all this extra money anymore to just blow on anything they can get their hands on.
I don’t even know what to think anymore, I originally didn’t think it would last as long as it has. But at the moment I will be more than pleasantly surprised if these aren’t at least a minor headache.

I don’t even know what to think anymore, I originally didn’t think it would last as long as it has. But at the moment I will be more than pleasantly surprised if these aren’t at least a minor headache.

That would truly be the sign of times. I remember people used to hate on these when I wore em cuz they weren’t “legit” 11s. Dudes basically treated them like the were Team Jordans. I loved em though, and they prepped me for the incoming low trend that the Kobe’s would bring. I won’t take credit for any trend setting though - they just happen to be the only shoes I felt comforting beating up at the time lol

That would truly be the sign of times. I remember people used to hate on these when I wore em cuz they weren’t “legit” 11s. Dudes basically treated them like the were Team Jordans. I loved em though, and they prepped me for the incoming low trend that the Kobe’s would bring. I won’t take credit for any trend setting though - they just happen to be the only shoes I felt comforting beating up at the time lol

Dude, the sign of the times has already come. Huaraches that literally hit clearance three years ago now selling out on SNKRS, Air Raids and Barkleys and Uptempos selling out and fetching stupid resale money (as I referenced the other day in this same thread), and a billion other models that have always only appealed to diehards and sneaker lifers now suddenly selling out and apparently being cool to the masses overnight. When all that stuff is flying off sites at launch, you kind of have to be a fool to think a black/red Air Jordan--low model or not--with "XI" in its name is not going to get torched from the servers the minute it goes live next week LOL

Dude, the sign of the times has already come. Huaraches that literally hit clearance three years ago now selling out on SNKRS, Air Raids and Barkleys and Uptempos selling out and fetching stupid resale money (as I referenced the other day in this same thread), and a billion other models that have always only appealed to diehards and sneaker lifers now suddenly selling out and apparently being cool to the masses overnight. When all that stuff is flying off sites at launch, you kind of have to be a fool to think a black/red Air Jordan--low model or not--with "XI" in its name is not going to get torched from the servers the minute it goes live next week LOL

yeah - i am starting to realize that. I mentioned in another thread but I was heavy into sneakers for most of my teens...big lurker from 02-05 and finally got an account in 05. Stepped away from sneakers for like 15 years (started getting into runway fashion, which meant sneakers slowly got out of rotation - but COVID basically destroyed my desire for anything but comfort...) and came back this year. It's been eye-opening re-educating myself on what it's like (release apps, bots, middlemen authenticators, sneaker millionaires, etc.)

I was cracking up when I realized that Jordan 1 Mids were hitting. A part of me obviously wants to feel some type of way about it, but another part of me understands the evolution of branding, economics and the shift of many landscapes through the internet. You guys think this is bad...the way the world of luxury watches work makes you realize sneakers culture isn't even in a state of maturity in comparison. Those mofos got that ish down to a science.

I was telling another member that the last time I did a transaction on NT, it was a west coast forum member who helped me get a pair of stussy SBs for retail + shipping. I was still a lurker at the time, and reached out to ask about supply out there, since I was from DC + at the time online distribution wasn't much of a thing and we only had one skate shop with a Nike Account within 500 miles (shout out Elite). I know those days are long gone, and no point of crying about the past...but always fun to think about.

Something also tells me that alot of stores/websites didnt get their shipments in or received very little stock considering we haven't really seen a ton of in hand pics yet. So that could be another factor if these move super quick.

Last edited:
yeah - i am starting to realize that. I mentioned in another thread but I was heavy into sneakers for most of my teens...big lurker from 02-05 and finally got an account in 05. Stepped away from sneakers for like 15 years (started getting into runway fashion, which meant sneakers slowly got out of rotation - but COVID basically destroyed my desire for anything but comfort...) and came back this year. It's been eye-opening re-educating myself on what it's like (release apps, bots, middlemen authenticators, sneaker millionaires, etc.)

I was cracking up when I realized that Jordan 1 Mids were hitting. A part of me obviously wants to feel some type of way about it, but another part of me understands the evolution of branding, economics and the shift of many landscapes through the internet. You guys think this is bad...the way the world of luxury watches work makes you realize sneakers culture isn't even in a state of maturity in comparison. Those mofos got that ish down to a science.

I was telling another member that the last time I did a transaction on NT, it was a west coast forum member who helped me get a pair of stussy SBs for retail + shipping. I was still a lurker at the time, and reached out to ask about supply out there, since I was from DC + at the time online distribution wasn't much of a thing and we only had one skate shop with a Nike Account within 500 miles (shout out Elite). I know those days are long gone, and no point of crying about the past...but always fun to think about.
I know all about that BS watch world LOL. I've got the couple watches I wanted and am out of that game, not that I could really afford to keep playing in it much. But you are correct that it's even more idiotic than things over here in Sneakerland.

But you happened to come back at exactly the wrong/worst time. Things were VASTLY different just 18 months ago prior to the pandemic. Sure, there were certain pairs that were difficult to get, but what's going down now is beyond anything we've seen previously. If these IEs dropped two or three years ago, it wouldn't even be a thing to get them.

Back
Top Bottom