Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

A good example is the 2018 black cement 3 compared to more recent 3's. The newer 3 mold looks much closer to how the og did. More slanted toe box with lower elephant print.

A good example is the 2018 black cement 3 compared to more recent 3's. The newer 3 mold looks much closer to how the og did. More slanted toe box with lower elephant print.

Nah you misread what he wrote....see below. He is saying that original models DIDN'T have a sleeker shape which is indeed wrong in terms of what you're saying. HellRazor1978 HellRazor1978 I agree with your point.

Many shoes have lost their original shape. Seems like all the shoes now are made sleeker

Time for cushioning updates on these. Would have been nice to get the cloth strobel board to actually be able to feel the air unit.

I dont get why people still complain about retros. We've been getting retros forever now and even the ones that are done very well are not exact to OG specs. I even prefer some that arent closer to OG than some that are, for example I much prefer 2000/01 Concord/Playoff XI to thier 2018/19 counterparts. I think the later models look so exaggerated. We are NEVER going to get a 1/1 retro. Just be happy these are overall pretty solid compared to many other retros.

I dont get why people still complain about retros. We've been getting retros forever now and even the ones that are done very well are not exact to OG specs. I even prefer some that arent closer to OG than some that are, for example I much prefer 2000/01 Concord/Playoff XI to thier 2018/19 counterparts. I think the later models look so exaggerated. We are NEVER going to get a 1/1 retro. Just be happy these are overall pretty solid compared to many other retros.
Definitely disagree on the XI's lol. The 2018 Concords are almost identical to the 95/96 pair, which are just beautiful.

Definitely disagree on the XI's lol. The 2018 Concords are almost identical to the 95/96 pair, which are just beautiful.
All good fam 👊👊. Point is we all have different preferences. I much prefer the first run of retro XIs to anything that came afterward. My favorite XI that was done after those are the Lightbone XI lows. They are just killer and a great addition to the OG snake lows.

Nah you misread what he wrote....see below. He is saying that original models DIDN'T have a sleeker shape which is indeed wrong in terms of what you're saying. HellRazor1978 HellRazor1978 I agree with your point.

I’ll rephrase

original models were more bulbous and bulky by design, but they were still streamlined at the same time. I wouldn’t say the originals were sleek

their retro counterparts are sleeker/slimmed down (ex. 2020 fire red 4’s)

Sleeker isn’t an upgrade in design when it ruins the shape and characteristics found in the original models

Last edited:
I’ll rephrase

original models were more bulbous and bulky by design, but they were still streamlined at the same time. I wouldn’t say the originals were sleek

Sleeker isn’t an upgrade in design when it ruins the shape and characteristics found in the original models

You're telling me, 2020 Fire Red 4's are "sleeker" than OG's??? :lol:

Almost all OG's were sleeker, and this was defined by the toe box. 99.9% of the retros over the past 15-20 years have been more bulbous...particularly in the toe box. Where have you been? NT has been complaining about this for nearly 2 decades.

As HellRazor1978 HellRazor1978 mentioned, they're beginning to finally fix this with recent retros such as the III's....making them more sleeker in the toe box, which is more true to the OG's.

T_p_Hill T_p_Hill I see you like his post....have you been under a rock for the past 2 decades too? :lol:

You're telling me, 2020 Fire Red 4's are "sleeker" than OG's??? :lol:

Almost all OG's were sleeker, and this was defined by the toe box. 99.9% of the retros over the past 15-20 years have been more bulbous...particularly in the toe box. Where have you been? NT has been complaining about this for nearly 2 decades.

As HellRazor1978 HellRazor1978 mentioned, they're beginning to finally fix this with recent retros such as the III's....making them more sleeker in the toe box, which is more true to the OG's.

T_p_Hill T_p_Hill I see you like his post....have you been under a rock for the past 2 decades too? :lol:

refer to the post you quoted, reading is fundamental

I’ll rephrase

I’m talking about overall shape, not just the toebox

Just wish they didn’t introduce this new seam on the toe box.

405CEFDC-F9C3-47BC-80FC-5EF16FBFBB77.jpeg
Funny thing is some of the pairs posted don’t have this seam and instead still have the seam on the side. There’s also a difference in the amount of the red lining you can see on the tongue. On the (real?) pairs with the seam on the toe, you can’t see any red from the front but you can on these:
it looks like grey tinted outsole like og.
not my pics.
s-l1600 (4).jpg
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (2).jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg
s-l1600.jpg
949D8436-E06E-48D1-BF2F-0C766035EB63.jpeg

wait until you guys feel how uncomfortable these are compared to other XI midsoles😂

I honestly think they removed the Air unit.
What the hell? Whatever we can complain about with XI retros over the years, in my experience the feeling of the soles has been great. Of course they would jack up the one pair I’ve been waiting more than half my life for. Sigh. 🤣

Held them in store over the weekend. I can confirm the midsoles are stone like. I know since the 2018/2019 11a that released they went to a softer midsole. Not quite OG soft but close. These feel like rock solid compared to those. Maybe they break in but JB steady be screwing their own product up.

wait until you guys feel how uncomfortable these are compared to other XI midsoles😂

I honestly think they removed the Air unit.
You already have these?
Pulled out my OGs and 2000 and I'd def say the 2000 are closer to pairs from the 95/96 season whereas the 18' are much more identical to the pairs Mike pulled out in the 95 playoffs.

One thing a lot of people don't understand as well in regards to QC is that the OG XI mid run had a lot of QC issues...I've seen pairs of each colorway look drastically different to the same pair of that particular CW depending on size and factory.

Attachments

• 20210913_221818.jpg
    20210913_221818.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 874
  • 20210913_221924.jpg
    20210913_221924.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 1,148
You already have these?

Pulled out my OGs and 2000 and I'd def say the 2000 are closer to pairs from the 95/96 season whereas the 18' are much more identical to the pairs Mike pulled out in the 95 playoffs.

One thing a lot of people don't understand as well in regards to QC is that the OG XI mid run had a lot of QC issues...I've seen pairs of each colorway look drastically different to the same pair of that particular CW depending on size and factory.

I do remember this - I remember towards the latter runs, the toe box was so different from lack of QC that there was a point where people thought legit pairs were reps from being too boxy vs round.... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom