Air Jordan 11 Low IE OG black red

No it doesn't. I don't have time to dig it all up again but it seems most likely it was a printing error on one the box labels (and not for this colorway). Google around and you can dig it up. Gentry/JB has made that International Exclusive claim before, but it seems pretty obvious they were talking out of their ***, given some of the other evidence and applying some logic to it.
I believe you but ive never read it. Googled and couldn’t find the misprint thing either. Always assumed the international exclusive was the since that was their official stance. Even as stupid as it sounded. Either way, who cares. Our love for the shoe the same regardless of what it means 😂

Sneaker politics and extra butter posted on IG for these for those who live in those respective areas

Old NT was the best NT.

We really used to get to the bottom of stuff fairly frequently around here…

The colorway for the the OG Cobalt’s was supposed to be “I.E. White / Light Grey-Cobalt”…Probably meaning Ingrained Elephant which would’ve been way too long to print on the colorway line…An error on printing the labels caused the I.E. to sit on a line by itself…Comfirmed through Tinker that it meant nothing…In fact the actual name of the shoe wasn’t even the Jordan 11 Low, it was just the Jordan Low…As Tinker put it “I wasn’t interested in an exact replica of a XI in a low top; I was more interested in doing a low top that was partly the Jordan XI, but fresher.”…So the actual 11 Lows ARE the patent leather pairs, while these are just the Jordan Low 🤷‍♂️

Box labels and naming were one of THE most inconsistent things on OG sneakers…They were literally an afterthought for the most part…Literally some labels would simply read “AIR JORDAN” as the name of the shoe while others from the exact same shoe would read “JORDAN 11” or “AIR JORDAN XI”…But y’all can read through this old thread for a bit more info…Also added an old interview with Tinker that gets some insight into the model

Old NT was the best NT.

The colorway for the the OG Cobalt’s was supposed to be “I.E. White / Light Grey-Cobalt”…Probably meaning Ingrained Elephant which would’ve been way too long to print on the colorway line…An error on printing the labels caused the I.E. to sit on a line by itself…Comfirmed through Tinker that it meant nothing…In fact the actual name of the shoe wasn’t even the Jordan 11 Low, it was just the Jordan Low…As Tinker put it “I wasn’t interested in an exact replica of a XI in a low top; I was more interested in doing a low top that was partly the Jordan XI, but fresher.”…So the actual 11 Lows ARE the patent leather pairs, while these are just the Jordan Low 🤷‍♂️

Box labels and naming were one of THE most inconsistent things on OG sneakers…They were literally an afterthought for the most part…Literally some labels would simply read “AIR JORDAN” as the name of the shoe while others from the exact same shoe would read “JORDAN 11” or “AIR JORDAN XI”…But y’all can read through this old thread for a bit more info…Also added an old interview with Tinker that gets some insight into the model

Great read, hard to not consider them as an 11 low though. Although not anexact low top counterpart but a variation.

Would you classify these more like the air jordan futures?

It like the air jordan 15 Mocs vs the 15 low

Old NT was the best NT.

Yeah, nothing about these screams XI low. Only thing in common is the midsole and sole...but they were known to re-use and swap midsoles/soles out for different uppers on different shoes coming out. They still do. :lol:

Old NT was the best NT.

This is how I remembered it.. and IE means nada lol but every year or so it comes up and sometimes I even forget. I heard the International thing and was like.. yeah okay :lol: Thanks for digging :nthat:

giphy.gif

Post as many un-imagintive Gifs as ypu want, those LEs are trash and will always be.

I believe you but ive never read it. Googled and couldn’t find the misprint thing either. Always assumed the international exclusive was the since that was their official stance. Even as stupid as it sounded. Either way, who cares. Our love for the shoe the same regardless of what it means 😂
Old NT was the best NT.

BAM

L on Hibbett raffle SMFH. Here comes the nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom