Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

As I've said before I'm absolutely ecstatic about these. Pretty sure it's as close to the og as we will ever get. Easily the best retro version of these to date. Yea they ain't perfect, nor will they ever be. If you are waiting for a 1:1 version of the og you may as well quit the sneaker game.

That being said, even though this is my fav shoe ever, I think JB did just a HAIRLINE better on the Infared 6 retro - those were as perfect of a retro as we've ever gotten.
Agreed on the infrareds... doesn’t get much better when it comes to OG retros.

Got one pair, the red on the sole is the lightest I've ever seen on this colorway. It looks pink when held up to sunlight. That and the carbon fiber's color is transposed.

I really don't like that the red isn't a deep red.
Word... to each their own. My carbon fiber does look a little different. I’m rocking these so I don’t care.

Today was a good day!! #EVERYBODYEATS!!
20191214_112140.jpg

Got one pair, the red on the sole is the lightest I've ever seen on this colorway. It looks pink when held up to sunlight. That and the carbon fiber's color is transposed.

I really don't like that the red isn't a deep red.

That's because you've never owned an og pair. The original had white/black checkerboard CF like these do (though it was of higher quality), and these AREN'T supposed to have dark red outsoles. OG had a bright red outsole that popped even more than these do.

Last several retro have really fogged the history of what this shoe is actually supposed to look like.

My Eastbay pair is on its way and cannot wait to have these again. Actually the first black red XI retro I have owned. Wife pulled through again . I was working, and my type of job dont let me get away for long periods of time. Took her an hour to finally get em. Honestly she was more fired up about it than I was. I knew they would be there eventually. But she was taking it personal getting kicked out after she would have them in cart. lol.

That's because you've never owned an og pair. The original had white/black checkerboard CF like these do (though it was of higher quality), and these AREN'T supposed to have dark red outsoles. OG had a bright red outsole that popped even more than these do.

Last several retro have really fogged the history of what this shoe is actually supposed to look like.

Never owned an OG pair? I had two OG pairs and still have one. I bought one on release day which was on a school day back then. The red on these new retros definitely doesn't look as dark as the OG.

The carbon fiber looks off too, it may not be transposed, I feel like it was, but I could be wrong. It didn't look like this though. I may have to look at it again.

I could be wrong about whatever but you're definitely wrong telling me what I've owned when you have no idea.

Never owned an OG pair? I had two OG pairs and still have one. I bought one on release day which was on a school day back then. The red on these new retros definitely doesn't look as dark as the OG.

The carbon fiber looks off too, it may not be transposed, I feel like it was, but I could be wrong. It didn't look like this though. I may have to look at it again.

I could be wrong about whatever but you're definitely wrong telling me what I've owned when you have no idea.
Side by side pics ?

I got up early as heck to get to the galleria cause I really wasn’t wanting to wait until later when more people were up and out. I get there about 6:30 and right off the bat the rent a cops are already trippin on everyone waiting for FTL to open. I got told to go wait on the street by the orange lot side (Htown peeps know) I waited for like five mins and no line been formed, I talked to two other security people and they let me wait by the entrance. The time finally comes where it’s 10 to opening and they let me in to go wait by the FTL so I make my way down to the food court and there’s a gaggle of about 15-20 waiting, I said heck naw and waited by the door I wasn’t about to have spent all that time waiting and not be first. So finally the rent a cops tell us to form a line so we all do. Now here’s where my problem with people who have only a little bit of authority but have a complex comes out. There’s the supervisor lady she’s a short older Hispanic lady and every year she’s all screaming and hollering at people just minding their business trying to cop. Every. Daggone. Year. Fam, it’s ridiculous how this lady treats people. So there were two women sitting waiting to cop, one is on crutches and obviously can’t stand long, the other is there to help her friend. Right off the bat fam she’s yelling at these two ladies to stand in line or leave, she even calls HPD over because they won’t, one can’t. Mind y’all it’s about opening time and there’s other people all over the food court sitting around. This lady was out of line fam. She really has a complex about her position there. Anyway I was first in line so I let the lady on crutches and her friend go ahead of me because heck naw fam, we ain’t gonna let no rent a cop get a big head about telling people where they can go or do if they aren’t harming others or themselves. Cop pin was easy in n out after showing id, satisfied as heck with my shoes too. Anyone else in here witness that mess this morning?

Did anyone’s END order ship after ‘you won the draw’ email? Charge still snows as pending on my CC ...

Last edited:
Man I'm living vicariously through everyone's pics. 2019 has not been good to me financially. I was laid off in March and have been looking for a gig ever since. I'm doing seasonal work for UPS, so I'll be delivering some of your kicks during the week. :lol:

Funny enough, this is the shoe that brought me to NT. I was on here trying to get all of the info I can when the rumors started that they were coming back. I remember December 15th, 2001 when they finally dropped. I remember helping my cousin jetpacunlimited jetpacunlimited and my brother get their pairs along with keeping order in the line. I worked at Finish Line at the time, so I was able to get my pair with the 30% discount and everything. They were $125 back then, so it was a crazy deal to get them. I would wear them every 12/15 to celebrate just because I loved them so much. Fast forward to 4 years ago tomorrow, and now I celebrate 12/15 as the birth of my son. :smile:

Congrats to all of you who got a pair. To the ones who are instantly transported to a better time in collecting and to the ones who held these as grails that they never thought they would have. Rock them with pride folks.

This is a sh*t release. What is up with this fake *** carbon fiber plate. Looks like the replicas used to be back in the day. That used to be the first thing I checked, now Jordan brand is charging us more and giving us this crap. I had to check my second pair cuz I thought they were swapped with fakes. They keep going down this route I may truly be done with j’s.

Man I'm living vicariously through everyone's pics. 2019 has not been good to me financially. I was laid off in March and have been looking for a gig ever since. I'm doing seasonal work for UPS, so I'll be delivering some of your kicks during the week. :lol:

Funny enough, this is the shoe that brought me to NT. I was on here trying to get all of the info I can when the rumors started that they were coming back. I remember December 15th, 2001 when they finally dropped. I remember helping my cousin jetpacunlimited jetpacunlimited and my brother get their pairs along with keeping order in the line. I worked at Finish Line at the time, so I was able to get my pair with the 30% discount and everything. They were $125 back then, so it was a crazy deal to get them. I would wear them every 12/15 to celebrate just because I loved them so much. Fast forward to 4 years ago tomorrow, and now I celebrate 12/15 as the birth of my son. :smile:

Congrats to all of you who got a pair. To the ones who are instantly transported to a better time in collecting and to the ones who held these as grails that they never thought they would have. Rock them with pride folks.
Keep your head up fam. Everything will all get better for you soon and the Breds will still be there for you cop when your paper is straight.

Agree to disagree.

I think this is miles away from what I loved when I got into all this and copped my first pair of “11’s”.. CDP’s. I was ecstatic. But now..I’m even more ecstatic to have something so close to the OG.

Times changed. Materials change. It’s not the 90’s anymore. I’m happy they made this much of an effort.
obviously, these are better than CDPs and 2012s.

check with their customer care. alot of folks (myself include) received the winning email but was told that it was in error and that the credit card hold would be released.

Dang ... that sucks man, was sure hoping to get those at a discount! Thanks, I’ll hit em up in the morning...

Back
Top Bottom