Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Never owned an OG pair? I had two OG pairs and still have one. I bought one on release day which was on a school day back then. The red on these new retros definitely doesn't look as dark as the OG.

The carbon fiber looks off too, it may not be transposed, I feel like it was, but I could be wrong. It didn't look like this though. I may have to look at it again.

I could be wrong about whatever but you're definitely wrong telling me what I've owned when you have no idea.

This is a sh*t release. What is up with this fake *** carbon fiber plate. Looks like the replicas used to be back in the day. That used to be the first thing I checked, now Jordan brand is charging us more and giving us this crap. I had to check my second pair cuz I thought they were swapped with fakes. They keep going down this route I may truly be done with j’s.
I’m patiently waiting to hear reviews after people wear them. I got a pair from the first shock drop an have been having durability/comfort issues every time I wear them. I am starting to wonder if it’s my feet/sizing or the shoes.

2FB76CC8-2069-4EAF-8546-35CE7652AB75.jpeg

Got my two pairs from FTL

Thought I’d give my local FNL a call late in the AM to see if they got them...they never get ****

Dude told me they had some FCFS and he’ll tell me what sizes if I call back at noon

Called and they still had my size and said he would hold me a pair if I wanted 🤷‍♂️

Concords lasted until Sunday last year but when I got to my local mall with FTL and Champs just before 3 FTL only had maybe a few pairs unclaimed available and Champs had none

FTL manager told me they got two size runs less than concords...they got three size runs of playoffs

Could have grabbed a couple of pairs from Champs if the app wasn’t acting up 🤷‍♂️

Im not a CF forensic expert here. But I truly believe its REAL CF. Maybe a diff grade or type. But its not the painted plastic from fakes years ago.
That’s what I’m saying... at first glance it looks like plastic from those fakes years back, but if you ply around with it, you can see it reflect

That’s what I’m saying... at first glance it looks like plastic from those fakes years back, but if you ply around with it, you can see it reflect
Not looking at the reflection, more than looking at the "strands" in the material. Google CF. My quote will make more sense.

Never owned an OG pair? I had two OG pairs and still have one. I bought one on release day which was on a school day back then. The red on these new retros definitely doesn't look as dark as the OG.

The carbon fiber looks off too, it may not be transposed, I feel like it was, but I could be wrong. It didn't look like this though. I may have to look at it again.

I could be wrong about whatever but you're definitely wrong telling me what I've owned when you have no idea.
You Are Definitely Wrong, I Hate To Say....

These Are My OG’s On Foot In Natural Sunlight Back In 2010 Before They Were Stolen Later That Year.... The Soles On A Fresh Pair Were Brighter Than Any Retro We’ve Ever Seen :wink:
5D560A3E-CD6E-4E82-BFE1-126F5628205F.jpeg

I get confused myself on the carbon fiber deal. Two of the more reputable guys pertaining to these 11 retros have contrasting views on the carbon fiber
MJO23DAN feels like they are plastic. And they did this to cut cost and speed up production...
11:10 mark...

However, Chris from Weartesters think to seem the carbon fiber is real...

4:50 mark...

Both go into in depth detail.... So who telling the truth...

Carbon fiber looks terrible, the mid sole is bad, and the stitching around the lace eyelets is wrong. It’s still a good looking shoe but the concords last year looked better than these but I guess you expect that with over 2mil made.

These Are My OG’s On Foot In Natural Sunlight Back In 2010 Before They Were Stolen Later That Year.... The Soles On A Fresh Pair Were Brighter Than Any Retro We’ve Ever Seen :wink:

Gorgeous.

Man I'm living vicariously through everyone's pics. 2019 has not been good to me financially. I was laid off in March and have been looking for a gig ever since. I'm doing seasonal work for UPS, so I'll be delivering some of your kicks during the week. :lol:

Funny enough, this is the shoe that brought me to NT. I was on here trying to get all of the info I can when the rumors started that they were coming back. I remember December 15th, 2001 when they finally dropped. I remember helping my cousin @jetpacunlimited and my brother get their pairs along with keeping order in the line. I worked at Finish Line at the time, so I was able to get my pair with the 30% discount and everything. They were $125 back then, so it was a crazy deal to get them. I would wear them every 12/15 to celebrate just because I loved them so much. Fast forward to 4 years ago tomorrow, and now I celebrate 12/15 as the birth of my son. :smile:

Congrats to all of you who got a pair. To the ones who are instantly transported to a better time in collecting and to the ones who held these as grails that they never thought they would have. Rock them with pride folks.

Keep your head up bro. Better days ahead. Nice post

Man, they shoulda made ‘19s with that vibrant red sole.. guess it’ll be on the 2026 Retro. :lol: They’re a pretty solid retro, but they still have room for improvement. I don’t think it’s the patent that’s too high, it’s that they slimmed the height on the top (mesh). They do seem a lil snug too, ordered .5 up on double to try out.

FTL on it, already got a tracking #. :nthat:

Can’t make everyone happy, last years concords were the best retro XI I’ve ever bought and I owned every 1st retro except the cool greys. Shoe was aesthetically accurate and actually comfortable on foot. XI retros have been notoriously uncomfortable for years.
That is the one thing I noticed when trying them on. The breds feel like bricks on feet IMO. Concord last year are very very comfy.

Well I guess the ONLY way to solve the CF debate is to take the shoe apart and literally snap the shank in half to see if the fibers and or splinters are exposed. I can bet know one really wants to do that. But I hope some one does. This is the part in this thread where people want to ***** about something they may not really know too much about. I mean really, fakes have real CF and now we are accusing of authentic pairs of not having it? Reaching just to reach.

Well I guess the ONLY way to solve the CF debate is to take the shoe apart and literally snap the shank in half to see if the fibers and or splinters are exposed. I can bet know one really wants to do that. But I hope some one does. This is the part in this thread where people want to ***** about something they may not really know too much about. I mean really, fakes have real CF and now we are accusing of authentic pairs of not having it? Reaching just to reach.
Maybe I'll do it when I wear my first pair out lol. Lord knows I'm going to wear this pair alot.

Back
Top Bottom