Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Do these run tts? Recent xi releases have been narrow in the front for me.

i must’ve lucked out cause i went tts, and i have wide feet, and 11’s have given me pinky toe pain in the past, but these came out perfect, no discomfort at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures of my collection of 11s . Oh yeah this is my first pair. :lol: It took forever for these to come from Shoe Palace but it was the worth the wait.
56127AF6-4991-48E9-AA7E-0F23826A3BD2.jpeg

Hard deal to pass up.. $252 shipped to CA.. with $30 ebay bucks coming.. used a cashback site for 1.5% cashback also.. comes out cheaper than retail.

i must’ve lucked out cause i went tts, and i have wide feet, and 11’s have given me pinky toe pain in the past, but these came out perfect, no discomfort at all
Did you wear them for a long period yet? 6+ hours

Rappers and Celebrities def played a role in why the Jordan 1 is so popular now. Gotta add in the fact that ppl wear their clothes a lot more fitted these days and 1’s definitely look better with fitted clothing
Thinking about it throughout the day perhaps its a generational thing but thats what i always thought Dunks were for so perhaps im the one a bit out of times on the Dunk over J1 for casual purposes?
But just so i dont drive us too far off topic....
ProposalNT2.0.png

{ Proposal } The purchase of three pairs may be necessary.
Already on it Pod.

Did you wear them for a long period yet? 6+ hours

by now, yes. The first night i wore then, i was paranoid of the pain (cause i knew i’d be walking a lot), but surprisingly no, no pain at all, they’re breaking in so nice

Interesting. At first I thought you were nuts, but just compared my Concords to these. Indeed the padding might be marginally thicker on these than it is on the Concords. (The SJs aren't worth talking about as Nike didn't put any of the padding in the upper; a real shame.)
On the flip side, at least on my pairs, the Concord has an equally marginally better toe shape than the black/reds. It's clear as day side by side.
Between the two, I think the Concord is ultimately a better retro, but by about 2 percent. But yeah, good call on the padding.
Either way, thrilled to have them both back in the arsenal. Starting to consider selling my second pair of SJs. It's a crap retro compared to the Concords and these. Patent cut oddly too high instead of too low, and the lack of padding really irritates me. But until I NEED the money or the prices jump, will probably sit on them for now. I'd prefer actually being thrilled with them and never even thinking of selling, believe me. But they could have been much better, easily. Oh well, still a dope 11.
Y’all talking bout the 16 SJ right :stoneface:

Cause my pair has padding throughout. Was a little surprised when I unboxed these and felt how thin they were compared to 16 SJ. Can’t speak on concords since I passed on those

Patent height on SJ space wasn’t too high. It’s just that the mesh upper was too low and didn’t extend high enough thus throwing the whole look of the shoe off. This was corrected on the Concords. SJs did lack the padding between the ribs of the mesh which concord and breds both rightfully have.

Y’all talking bout the 16 SJ right :stoneface:

Cause my pair has padding throughout. Was a little surprised when I unboxed these and felt how thin they were compared to 16 SJ. Can’t speak on concords since I passed on those
Yes, and you’re incorrect. The padding we’re talking about is the firm foam inside the mesh upper. Just like the OGs had. The ‘16 SJs don’t have it at all. They’re just a puffy upper that’s a shell of what it’s supposed to be and attempts to trick you into thinking they’re plush. They are not, and they suck in that regard. It’s the way JB made crap 11 retros for years. Finally corrected beginning with last year’s 11 retros including Concords.

The ankle padding is better on the playoffs too. I did a thorough comparison of the 3, and I agree with Rain. The Cords and these are def done better overall than the Jams. Sizing is better on them too.

I Thought I was the only one that realized this. Immediately I noticed how this rendition of the XI’s was more contoured to my feet unlike the Space Jams which was a big roomy and boxy despite me buying my true size.

this rendition of the XI’s def feel more comfortable also. Break in period wasn’t too long!

Back
Top Bottom