Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

yo does jb even use real patent leather on the 11s. the glaze and shine aint right
Yes this is finished/unfinished nubuck leather all the way through. Goes without saying but highly recommend people treat the leather on these.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 12.15.28 PM.png

I take this to mean I should probably cancel my order. You guys agree? I'm not a stickler for getting my stuff ASAP, but this is a bad first impression. I won't be buying from Sivas again.
I wouldn't cancel. Give it 1 more week or something.

Yes this is finished/unfinished nubuck leather all the way through. Goes without saying but highly recommend people treat the leather on these.

Is it though? Feel like it hasn't been the real stuff since the early 2000 releases. That or its just buns quality and thin af .. because those wrinkle creases on newer XI's do not scream real PL lol.

Is it though? Feel like it hasn't been the real stuff since the early 2000 releases. That or its just buns quality and thin af .. because those wrinkle creases on newer XI's do not scream real PL lol.
Past the test of proper conditioner for specific material. Have a good deal of conditioners on hand and from what ive noticed any time utilizing say for instance a leather conditioner on synthetic material it never sets in. If it does it still appears and feels rather filmy since its not being absorbed and the same applies in reverse. As for the leather under the rubber patent if you fray the rough cut a bit youll notice suede like strands flaking out. If this was a synthetic you would notice more of a cotton textured flaking. Treating and maintaining the materials really helps any shoe pop more.

Its definitely the cut and the sheen. the og 95s 96s have a glass like patent leather... its almost like its a bit duller and the shine scatters. The cut is so thin that when the PL creases it creases in straight edges. All little things jb cuts corners with, but still enjoying the 2018 concords. How hard is it to give us a quality cut of leather when Aldo can give you a full patent leather shoe for 90 bucks. It's only half the shoe lol

Past the test of proper conditioner for specific material. Have a good deal of conditioners on hand and from what ive noticed any time utilizing say for instance a leather conditioner on synthetic material it never sets in. If it does it still appears and feels rather filmy since its not being absorbed and the same applies in reverse. As for the leather under the rubber patent if you fray the rough cut a bit youll notice suede like strands flaking out. If this was a synthetic you would notice more of a cotton textured flaking. Treating and maintaining the materials really helps any shoe pop more.

Any conditioner that can make the patent leather more malleable or soften it?

Its definitely the cut and the sheen. the og 95s 96s have a glass like patent leather... its almost like its a bit duller and the shine scatters. The cut is so thin that when the PL creases it creases in straight edges. All little things jb cuts corners with, but still enjoying the 2018 concords. How hard is it to give us a quality cut of leather when Aldo can give you a full patent leather shoe for 90 bucks. It's only half the shoe lol

Any conditioner that can make the patent leather more malleable or soften it?
Youd have to get it from behind. Youre not penetrating that outer membrane. Try a heat gun and move around in them, maybe itll soften where theres pressure and hold its shape when they cool

Are concords better built than breds?

rafbuddy rafbuddy mentioned some points for Cord>Jam which actually hold up against the Playoffs.. but with Cord VS Playoff its really super close. I think the biggest different would be comfort and heel collar leather is a tad better on Cords. Also the red is hard to get on these it seems. So that takes a point away from the Playoff too IMO. Padding on uppers is slightly better on Playoffs though some may disagree.

Thanks.. real informative reply bro! This made more sense than just conviction lol.

My SJ's have been looking mad foggy lately. Smacking them things with some Vaseline like my grandmother used to do my forehead when I get home.

my DS pair is looking foggy as well but the ones i actually rock is looking normal, almost brand new minus the creases which i don't mind :smile:

How are wears holding up? Anybody wear their pair more than 5+ times yet? If so, pics

wore mine 4 days straight at work, around 8hrs per day. my pinky toe on my jumping foot (because it's a bit wider than my other foot) was in pain for a day, but after the second day, the toebox is breaking in nicely and the pain is gone.

It’s not a big deal as I was able to remove it. I’m just surprised these made it to retail looking like that. If it was done in complete error like you mentioned then it’s more understandable. If they don’t inspect every pair then again, totally understandable. If they do or did and these still got through that’s not good considering these sell out fairly quickly and can’t be exchanged. If it was an item that could easily be exchanged or refunded and repurchased for retail no problem but having this happen on an item that sells out quickly and having no other option but to pay resell sucks.
how were u able to remove it? what did u clean it with?

Back
Top Bottom