Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

I'm not a professional legit checker, so I can't chime in. But I will say you can't base it on different leathers and different patent leather heights. Trust me, I've gone through multiple pairs and its pretty common that some pairs are definitely different in that department. I had tumbled and texture leathers, and then smooth non textured. Then PL heights that look low and the other high, etc. So those aren't good LC indicators.

These days there’s really no point in LC’ing. The UA and fakes are too close to tell by pictures. Any variance still there between them can be chalked up to mass production QC.

Just buy from a legit source and you know you’re good.. or have a receipt come with it from a trusted source.

The shoes above look on par with the pair on the left. They don’t look identical.. hell none of the legit pairs are really identical and all the inconsistencies listed above can be found on pairs from Footsites and SNKRS.

PL height can differ on these. I was able to hand pick Cords and Playoffs to find variences between pairs. Some Cords even had a bump in the top of the PL toebox because the shoe trees werent pushed far enough.
Even with eBay, on some perfect feedback, I'm still paranoid. Unless it's a must, I wouldn't even recommend it.
Seen fakes with my own 2 eyes and they're damn near FLAWLESS. Mostly cus authentics are flawed as it is.

this ebay pairs is sus

posted pics right next to muh nike pairs

4A20E7BD-3B56-4258-88CC-1EDFD0C0FA22.jpeg
1795D2D1-5246-4B57-A6D5-03F8FF7753EF.jpeg
E1E696DA-222A-4D70-A267-59F152575EF5.jpeg
D9606862-2014-4BB7-9523-9ADBDCAA3547.jpeg
this ebay pairs is sus

posted pics right next to muh nike pairs

4A20E7BD-3B56-4258-88CC-1EDFD0C0FA22.jpeg
1795D2D1-5246-4B57-A6D5-03F8FF7753EF.jpeg
E1E696DA-222A-4D70-A267-59F152575EF5.jpeg
D9606862-2014-4BB7-9523-9ADBDCAA3547.jpeg
How’s the carbon fiber looking on the pair in question ? The toe caps, 3rd spacing tag on the tongue, the tag on the inside of the tongue, the foot bed with the insole removed, the insoles themselves too and bottom. I’d check all of that against your retail pair. Post pics in the legit forum if possible with the areas I mentioned. I’m sure the fakes being made are close to the retail pairs so you’d have to check all areas to be sure. I’d love to see pics of the above mentioned if your up to it.

how were u able to remove it? what did u clean it with?
I used a natural chamois and Jason Markk shoe cleaner. I was paranoid that a rag or towel would leave hairline scratches on the patent leather so I went with the softest thing I could find. The chamois was perfect and worked really well.

I honestly think both of his pairs are fine. Nowadays everyone wants to scrutinize stitch for stitch. You just cant do that with mass produced shoes. Some of these factories this year look almost to be the same that was making the Concord fakes from last year. The pl is a perfect example.

I honestly think both of his pairs are fine. Nowadays everyone wants to scrutinize stitch for stitch. You just cant do that with mass produced shoes. Some of these factories this year look almost to be the same that was making the Concord fakes from last year. The pl is a perfect example.
You’re definitely right about all of it and you make a good point. They produced a insane amount using different factories. The last concord drop I copped two pair, One from EastBay and one from FinishLine and there is definitely differences between both pairs like the out sole being different shades of blue. The pair from Eastbay isn’t nearly as blue as the pair from Finish Line and one of the pairs has a slight height difference. The fakes they make nowadays are just getting almost too good to the point where you have to check all areas to be sure as they usually fall short on a few details but you also can’t check stitch for stitch like you said and you need to know what details to overlook and or chalk up to slight factory flaws or differences due to high production numbers and using different factories.

How’s the carbon fiber looking on the pair in question ? The toe caps, 3rd spacing tag on the tongue, the tag on the inside of the tongue, the foot bed with the insole removed, the insoles themselves too and bottom. I’d check all of that against your retail pair. Post pics in the legit forum if possible with the areas I mentioned. I’m sure the fakes being made are close to the retail pairs so you’d have to check all areas to be sure. I’d love to see pics of the above mentioned if your up to it.
carbon fiber

snkr pair bottom

its not smooth like they’re just painted. they both have the same texture fwiw
9A3D6ED9-AAA7-4518-8DC4-18206B7C0D76.jpeg

Last edited:
Both of your pairs are real. We need to stop thinking pairs should mirror each other.
+1

fakes have come a loooong way. but i have never seen a pair in person that has fooled me...including the TS6s

each shoe will have slight differences from pair to pair and even from left to right shoe.

Even with eBay, on some perfect feedback, I'm still paranoid. Unless it's a must, I wouldn't even recommend it.
Seen fakes with my own 2 eyes and they're damn near FLAWLESS. Mostly cus authentics are flawed as it is.

That's kind of my point so I agree. I'm saying bad PL cut isn't a reason to say a pair is fake. Especially with flawless fakes out there and real pairs with varying PL cuts. I even own two pairs of Concords with different cuts.

I wouldn't recommend it either but I don't want people to run with the idea that a different/bad PL cut auto = fake.

wow, patent leather height, shape of the sole too, #23 different heights

I forgot how many pages back, but another user posted their pair they had bought from a retail site and the height of the 23 was so far off from one another it was ridiculous.

All these indifferences are not uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom