Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

not even close to being the same. sorry that you sounded so sure about this, but you are wrong. here is a pic of my OGs for reference. the retros will peel in no time whereas this has stood the test of time for how many years?? so yea...

20190708_004429.jpg
IMG_20190705_170814.jpg
My apologies to you. I'm just going off what mine look like. I don't see much difference.

This release is going to be crazy!!

Not only does the playoffs appeal to us, the black/red colorway appeals to everyone outside of NT, let alone it being an 11 and the holidays.

Come release day, don’t expect a far to easy cop

Then your pair sucks. MJ's pair on championship night didn't suck. Mine don't, either. I already told you I don't give a **** what was intended.
:rofl:
MOSTLY kidding. I already said it's not that big of a deal, brotha. But it also is if you had it. I am sorry, I can't own a pair of OGs for 23-plus years and now pretend it didn't happen. But I assume we are getting these retros without it, and I'm cool with that. Black/reds are my third-favorite OG 11s, anyway. Still, there IS a difference. Minor, but real.
Just for the record, in no wise am I denying the difference, that’s clear.

However, turning a factory mishap into a “feature” is taking it too far IMHO.

I honestly don’t know what’s so great about the supposed red tint anyway. I mean I get that it was there on some pairs but given the fact that it was never intentional make it a mute point to complain about it’s absence IMO. Doesn’t make the shoe look any better or worse either way IMO. It’s intended to be just black mesh. Some people just have to have something to cling to. These look perfect in those SBD pics especially and they appear to have the so called red tint so there’s that. Be happy.

Last edited:
IMG_20190705_170814.jpg
My apologies to you. I'm just going off what mine look like. I don't see much difference.
I think he's referring to how the OG 11's had the 23 printed INTO the collar/heel lining rather than ONTO. I believe the OG's used textile printing which is essentially applying a design directly to the fibers of a material, bonding it to said fibers in the process. Which is why as the OG's were worn in more, the 23 would fade away and not crack and peel like the 23 on current 11's which is simply printed onto the collar material.

Fading, cracking and peeling all suck equally. The 23 on these will be fine. 23s on all my 11s from ‘09-present are all still very much in tact. No problems with cracking/peeling whatsoever.

Whatever the case is/was with the red tint, whether it was intentional or not, whether it was made in China or Taiwan, whether it was different factories, I personally would like the black mesh to be just that, BLACK and keep the red on the logos and the sole, no tint necessary.

Man those pics sneakerbardetroit put up yesterday :smokin those look incredible. I’m so excited for these, initial pics had me :ohwell: about the red on the sole but these are a no brainer :emoji_100:

For a long time I’ve had Concords at the top, but these Black/Reds are bringing me back to ‘96 and ‘01 big time right now............... never had the OG but I was dying for them.. might have to put these back at the top.

Back
Top Bottom