Air Jordan 11 Retro- Black/Red “Playoff”- 12/14/2019

Do you swap out the insole at least or just rock them on court straight out the box?

i usually break in my XIs by wearing them at work for a week before i hoop in them, but i don't swap out the insoles. the only reason i need to break them in is that when the upper gets a bit softer, i can tighten the laces even more, and this happens with all the XI i hooped in. i noticed that i get more lace to tie with as i progress with the break in period. space jams, concords, and the easter lows.

i usually break in my XIs by wearing them at work for a week before i hoop in them, but i don't swap out the insoles. the only reason i need to break them in is that when the upper gets a bit softer, i can tighten the laces even more, and this happens with all the XI i hooped in. i noticed that i get more lace to tie with as i progress with the break in period. space jams, concords, and the easter lows.
That’s dope man I haven’t balled in a pair of a 11’s since 2010 lol but yeah it makes sense that you would have to break in then in since it’s hard leather instead of mesh and fabric like current kicks, I had to swap out the insole of my Space Jams recently since they worn out and they were killing my feet outta nowhere

That’s dope man I haven’t balled in a pair of a 11’s since 2010 lol but yeah it makes sense that you would have to break in then in since it’s hard leather instead of mesh and fabric like current kicks, I had to swap out the insole of my Space Jams recently since they worn out and they were killing my feet outta nowhere

good tip, i only hoop once a week, so i haven't had a chance to get them worn :smile:

E5AEC40F-644E-4A2F-8217-BB4DFD5EC4DA.jpeg
E5AEC40F-644E-4A2F-8217-BB4DFD5EC4DA.jpeg
Had to pull out the heaters to combat Covid-19.

some people say you should put tape on the nike air on the insole so it doesnt wear off... a lot of people do this on jordan 1's... it looks dumb imo so i never did it... and JB should step up their quality cuz its OD to be doing that anyway

some people say you should put tape on the nike air on the insole so it doesnt wear off... a lot of people do this on jordan 1's... it looks dumb imo so i never did it... and JB should step up their quality cuz its OD to be doing that anyway
I get why people would do it. Just to preserve the emblem. The thing I would worry about most would be the tape taking it off if you would ever decide to remove it.

^ you're not supposed to remove the tape at all to preserve the nike air... but i can see why people would remove it... imo it looks dumb so i would remove it after a while

Recently brought my pair out to unlace em since they won't be getting worn for a long time due to the statewide lockdown, no more face to face classes, and I can't work anymore either so I'm pretty much indoors 24/7. |l These things are a beauty though! I still think JB did a great job on em.
20200325_110919.jpg

20200325_110840.jpg

Crazy to read someone actually forgetting they bought one of the great J colorways of all time.
Probably 8 or 9 years ago, I was doing a big cleaning and purging in my condo and found a pair of DS Penny 1 Orlando retros in the box, under my bed. Had completely forgot they were there or that I had them LOL. Though it was my second backup pair :lol:

Recently brought my pair out to unlace em since they won't be getting worn for a long time due to the statewide lockdown, no more face to face classes, and I can't work anymore either so I'm pretty much indoors 24/7. |l These things are a beauty though! I still think JB did a great job on em.
20200325_110919.jpg

20200325_110840.jpg

Why not do what I’m doing and wear them around the house since we’re all at home now? Great way to enjoy them while keeping them in great, clean shape. You get the best of both worlds!
080545C6-052B-4D24-B1B6-E9891A33E6E1.jpeg

20200325_110919.jpg

20200325_110840.jpg
I haven’t worn mine either but yeah aesthetic wise they look great!

Drop the damn Netflix doc I need it now! Ain’t nobody leaving the house
That’s what I’m saying. You might’ve seen this but they said they’re open to dropping it before June but it’s not entirely finished yet so not an option to just drop it literally now, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom