Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I remember striking out on da '11 pair & being so hurt :angry::lol:. It was complete madness @ da malls & mom & pop shops. I actually struck out twice. Release date & then a restock in NYC.

The pain was alleviated when I came across a DS '01 pair for a great price. These are classic & da best 11 imo. I'm in a for pair.

They BETTER create enough and not lower the pairs allocated to stores or cut the quantity of these like they said they were doing for 2018 releases. This is one shoe that should have the same quantity as the last two 11s. I will have a pair of these at all costs!

My 2011 pair are already in good condition, but will be in for these.
Wouldn't expect a GR on these either, if what Pinoe and DJ Folk are saying is correct, everything is going to go back to being limited starting May next year.
Sounds like 2011 all over again, plan accordingly.

Copped as long as they are in OG form. No 45!!!!!!!!!! :sick:
Depending on how you see it 45 on the back can be viewed as og form. Not og release form I understand. But with the success of the 45 jam, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Personally I'd rather see the 23, but 45 won't prevent me from buying.

Of course the most recent space jams were a success, and so would concords w/ 45. But for me, these should only ever release in exact form to what MJ wore that season

My 2011 pair are already in good condition, but will be in for these.
Wouldn't expect a GR on these either, if what Pinoe and DJ Folk are saying is correct, everything is going to go back to being limited starting May next year.
Sounds like 2011 all over again, plan accordingly.

Why can't it be after this release, this is the only release is that matters to me

If these follow the Space Jam 16's path with the heightened patent leather I'm out. The 2016 SJs look doofy.

To those who don't like the high patent leather cut, why? Go into detail because i'm not understanding the dislike for it

I think the 2009s look more balanced. I like the bridge suspension wire motif on the 11s and on the 2016s it looks like the patent leather is swallowing the shoe. It almost looks like a mistake, like a replica shoe. That's probably a bad way to describe what I'm really getting at but I'm struggling with articulation today, lol.

Ugh, I was so disappointed in the 2016s. 2009's all oxidized to hell, so even if I wanted to pay resell what's the point?
maxresdefault.jpg

I think the 2009s look more balanced. I like the bridge suspension wire motif on the 11s and on the 2016s it looks like the patent leather is swallowing the shoe. It almost looks like a mistake, like a replica shoe. That's probably a bad way to describe what I'm really getting at but I'm struggling with articulation today, lol.
maxresdefault.jpg

To counter that argument, on the 2009 shoe the patent leather is nonexistent, the mesh takes up most of the shoe. Remember the patent leather was the defining feature of this model.

Well it's probably best to own all if you can afford it. I'll rather have the #23 on the Concords, but I wouldn't mind the #45 just because Concords are my favorite 11s.

Also would like them to release a new Jordan box for 11s. The box for the Flight Jacket 6s or the Face box would be good.

The 45 samples in that pic are not from 96. The 45s from last year release are the retro pe from 95. Yes the pl is exaggerated on the retro. But its is more true to the original than the 09 jam or 11 cord. The better design without doubt is the higher pl cut. That is my opinion. Even originals did not have consistent pl cut. Some were lower than others. But the majority of the original releases had a higher pl. Retros from 08 until 45 jams didn't.

I understand what your saying, if you look closely at the pe mj had on in 1995, pl is not that high. It matches the pic above. But what are we talking about here? Matching his shoes exactly, or matching the original release pairs.

I had the OG 96 Breds. The patent leather was higher cut and closer to the 45 black/concord release from last year rather than the most recent concord or bred XI release.

I will admit tho that even in 1995/96 there were discrepancies between each pair, however the PL cut was higher than what we got from 2009-2015.

Frankly, I want to see the original concord PE. Which in theory should be exactly like the black/concord or "space jams" that we got last year, only difference would be the white mesh and leather around the ankle.

Here is 1 of my 2 OG pairs. The other pair had higher cut but I cannot find pictures.

These are my pictures with the 96 pair and the recent retro

27739610284_cd1bc77eaf_z.jpg

The medial side which more closely matches the space jam of last year:
28073275250_ce28986baf_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom