Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Just because one store in Dallas is releasing early doesn't mean there will be a release date change.

MJO23DAN MJO23DAN Solid video.. I was waiting on that because literally no one has all of those versions of the shoe in it to physically see the differences. Of course not every pair is the same so there are certain parts of the video where comparisons may vary but STILL.. thats as close as it gets so I think it was excellent.

With that being said.. there was one or two things that I think were looked over- not that I think the video was 'missing' this per say but more so things that I have been thinking about in terms of fixes for this retro. The ankle padding, the cordura "plate pieces", and the shape of the upper... just a bunch of little small details that give this shoe the SHAPE that it needs to come together and I don't think the 2018 completely does it. The lack of thick PL with the white line and I personally feel the back end of the PL couldve been a little higher but that varies from pair to pair.

To me this retro is like a 8.6 maybe 9 but it isnt perfect. I will post some pics to show what I am talking about in a few..

Last edited:
MJO23DAN MJO23DAN Solid video.. I was waiting on that because literally no one has all of those versions of the shoe in it to physically see the differences. Of course not every pair is the same so there are certain parts of the video where comparisons may vary but STILL.. thats as close as it gets so I think it was excellent.

With that being said.. there was one or two things that I think were looked over- not that I think the video was 'missing' this per say but more so things that I have been thinking about in terms of fixes for this retro. The ankle padding, the cordura "plate pieces", and the shape of the upper... just a bunch of little small details that give this shoe the SHAPE that it needs to come together and I don't think the 2018 completely does it. The lack of thick PL with the white line and I personally feel the back end of the retro couldve been a little higher but that varies from pair to pair.

To me this retro is like a 8.6 maybe 9 but it isnt perfect. I will post some pics to show what I am talking about in a few..

PL may not be as thick as the OG but the white line is definitely there.

Local spot in Dallas is releasing them this Saturday. They’re usually spot on, & do it by Nike’s “laws”. Could there be a release date change?

E6A4698B-2911-44A8-B2A3-312F134940F8.jpeg

Interesting

So much to cram in on and already near 30 min video while still being as detailed as I can be. It's tough.

That's why at the end, I show all the shoes from all angles in the montage. I will say I did miss going over the boxes. Although the comments have always been "you don't wear the boxes" bull**** but whatever. The gloss of the carbon plates and how they have changed over time. The padding of the mesh and how its backed with dense foam as opposed to it's 2011 retro. It's more in line with the OG IMO. The shape yes. I didn't do a side by side but hopefully people pause the video at the end to see it. The insoles I didn't bother because the last time I pulled one out of an OG shoe I teared the foam. Don't want to do that. Especially with the sample 45 I'm borrowing.

Other than that, I think also talking more about the rubber compound of the the soles but I'm not a plastics or rubber engineer to speak on that knowledge as well as the types of patent leather used. I'll leave that to the experts. Overall though, I haven't seen, nor will you see anyone else on YouTube bring it like that. Especially with the 45 sample. Thanks for taking the time guys. I wanted to be detailed but time constraints without boring some. Peace.

So much to cram in on and already near 30 min video while still being as detailed as I can be. It's tough.

That's why at the end, I show all the shoes from all angles in the montage. I will say I did miss going over the boxes. Although the comments have always been "you don't wear the boxes" bull**** but whatever. The gloss of the carbon plates and how they have changed over time. The padding of the mesh and how its backed with dense foam as opposed to it's 2011 retro. It's more in line with the OG IMO. The shape yes. I didn't do a side by side but hopefully people pause the video at the end to see it. The insoles I didn't bother because the last time I pulled one out of an OG shoe I teared the foam. Don't want to do that. Especially with the sample 45 I'm borrowing.

Other than that, I think also talking more about the rubber compound of the the soles but I'm not a plastics or rubber engineer to speak on that knowledge as well as the types of patent leather used. I'll leave that to the experts. Overall though, I haven't seen, nor will you see anyone else on YouTube bring it like that. Especially with the 45 sample. Thanks for taking the time guys. I wanted to be detailed but time constraints without boring some. Peace.

Good looks on the video man...

Especially with the measurements :lol:...I’ve literally directed three of my co-workers to your video after they told me OG’s had a lower patent cut...

All and all this release is about as close to OG as we’ve gotten and your video helps drive that point home...Job well done good sir...

In case anyone missed it a couple pages back, here it is again. I'll probably do some detailed shots on my site with the 45 sample before I return it. Also, anything else people want to speak on I can include. Thanks.

is this better than the last space jam?

PL may not be as thick as the OG but the white line is definitely there.

I struggled with saying that it is not there out loud because I kind of felt like it's there but I just can't see it.. but that basically means its not there. If they used this same bs white line on the 2016 Jams.. we would've been let down. If you like it fine.. but it's not there. I really hope they bring back that 2016 line for Playoffs whenever they drop.. its a MUST.

It has the 2000 type of white line NOT like the OG. My 01 Playoffs have the same 'fake' white line though my Playoffs have it dyed black but its the same style-line as that run. I knew that my opinion would ruffle feathers because everyone thinks these are a 10 out of 10 but I don't. I'm not trashing them.. I like this retro a lot and its the best thing since the 2000; even better in some aspects (looking at MJO23DAN MJO23DAN video) but I'm not going to pretend to not notice lol.

heavily contemplating buying the 23 and adding it to these

surprised no one has done it yet

Back
Top Bottom