Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

SNKRS is trash.

I’m forever getting access to a bunch of stuff I don’t want. And never getting access to the good stuff. :smh:

SNKRS has been trash for awhile now. They seem to cater to those who have been repeatedly buying from them. Which is why I’m shocked I got access. I haven’t been able to purchase anything from SNKRS since January, for Air Max 1’s.

Had the early access the first go around and saw the pop up for exclusive access in my notification so I thought I could double up. Clicked it on mobile, but it said purchased already (probably from the first go around). Then remembered all of you guys talking about the desktop double up jig so I log on and boom. Purchased my second pair to put on ice.

heavily contemplating buying the 23 and adding it to these

surprised no one has done it yet
this what you're talkin about?

2018-11-27_12-17-39.png

I struggled with saying that it is not there out loud because I kind of felt like it's there but I just can't see it.. but that basically means its not there. If they used this same bs white line on the 2016 Jams.. we would've been let down. If you like it fine.. but it's not there. I really hope they bring back that 2016 line for Playoffs whenever they drop.. its a MUST.

It has the 2000 type of white line NOT like the OG. My 01 Playoffs have the same 'fake' white line though my Playoffs have it dyed black but its the same style-line as that run. I knew that my opinion would ruffle feathers because everyone thinks these are a 10 out of 10 but I don't. I'm not trashing them.. I like this retro a lot and its the best thing since the 2000; even better in some aspects (looking at @MJO23DAN video) but I'm not going to pretend to not notice lol.
Lol at 01 playoffs having a white line at all. Its the same PL as the jams tho bro. I just think the white on black is messing with you as opposed to the space jams being all black so you can see the definition easier.

Lol at 01 playoffs having a white line at all. Its the same PL as the jams tho bro. I just think the white on black is messing with you as opposed to the space jams being all black so you can see the definition easier.

lol I'm really struggling to understand what he's talking about. These '18 cords have the same white line that was on the '16 jams. End of story. I don't get it :lol:

Last edited:
My dude, if you didn't know, white against white will NEVER stand out like black against white. How is that so hard to comprehend? Also this is the first time I've heard of a "fake" white line. You're definitely not ruffling my feathers, I'm just trying to understand what you're talking about though. No retro or no thing is perfect by the way. I wouldn't say these are a 10 out of 10 either. That would mean these '18s would have to be a spec for spec exact recreation of the OG which would be pretty much impossible to accomplish.

I understand that the white line against white is hard to see but how come you can see it on the OG's.. it's plain as day in MJ23Dan's video. Maybe I mean its not as thick and it should be? Either way.. its not there the way it should be and the way it was on the OG's and I can see that by looking at the shoe; especially if you look at an OG pair.. I'm not making this up lol.

The fake white line isn't fake in the literal sense... I'm saying it as phrase to brush off the fact that they couldnt replicate the white line on the 2000's era retros as well either. Example: If I was down playing food etc. "Get out of here with your fake *** fillet mignon burger" So what I was trying to say is that the PL on the 2000's era may be a little thick but I think they blackened it out so its not the same to me.

I purchased on the first SNKRS early release and received the notification on these today too. I bought the first pair on mobile but even though today it said "No access", had no issue with purchasing again on mobile. At first it wouldn't load my payment information but after a moment or two I was able to move through the payment screen. Never know with the SNKRS app, was expecting the "purchased" button instead of the $220 price button on the page but once I saw the price button I was going for it. Congrats to those who got through.

Managed to snag them with early access. Stoked.
Glad I checked this thread today lol

Attachments

• 11AAF16E-7A6F-4925-BA94-BC7CC9E08A0F.jpeg
    11AAF16E-7A6F-4925-BA94-BC7CC9E08A0F.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 13
Maybe I mean its not as thick and it should be?

YES. Now this I think we would all agree with. Of course we all would like the PL to be thick and sturdy like the OG, which would thus make the white line that much more noticeable and present. However your argument was that the white (although thin) was not even there at all, which is false :lol:. All I'm saying. It's there in the same way that it was on the '16 jams. I guess you just want it to be thicker in which I would agree. Can't have it all though.

I understand that the white line against white is hard to see but how come you can see it on the OG's.. it's plain as day in MJ23Dan's video. Maybe I mean its not as thick and it should be? Either way.. its not there the way it should be and the way it was on the OG's and I can see that by looking at the shoe; especially if you look at an OG pair.. I'm not making this up lol.

The fake white line isn't fake in the literal sense... I'm saying it as phrase to brush off the fact that they couldnt replicate the white line on the 2000's era retros as well either. Example: If I was down playing food etc. "Get out of here with your fake *** fillet mignon burger" So what I was trying to say is that the PL on the 2000's era may be a little thick but I think they blackened it out so its not the same to me.
So 2 things. It’s a lot easier to see the white lines on OG concords because the mesh isn’t snow white anymore, it has oxidized so that line stands out more as opposed to a brand new pair of 18’s. Secondly they didn’t try to duplicate that look on the 2000’s retros. They dyed the edge purposely for a cleaner look. At the time when the 01 playoffs first dropped a lot of people actually preferred the cleaner all black look.

Here are some comparison pics that I was talking about. This is the DMP from 06 and the current 2018 Concords. I want to make it a point to say that I know these are DMP’s not OG 95’s or 00’s. The things I am comparing in these pics are small details that the DMP pair has which I feel we have seen on previous retros and has been missing since any retro of an XI after the DMP.

The sock liner.. for the love of God.. they just can’t get this right. The 2018 pair is as close as we have come but it’s still stiff and flat. The OG, 00, and DMP have great padding and the heel portion isn’t a thin wrap around like most retros after the DMP.

69713968-F847-4FB0-A81E-2C76ED1B7083.jpeg

DMP

EDB19E97-ACF4-4D70-9559-2077A8F09BAF.jpeg

68B02613-09BD-47C0-9945-7BDCB7B2A74E.jpeg

The length from left to right is a lot tighter/closer on the 2018 pair and makes the shoe look a little choked. You can loosen the laces to help a little but it’s just made differently so even with no laces in both pairs, the 2018 would have a closer lace area. It’s a little more wider on the DMP and OG/00 pairs as well.

356F03F4-546C-4AFA-95C9-D9504363E850.jpeg

The Cordura padding I won’t get into because there are pieces on my pair that have it and other parts that don’t so it’s hit or miss and not a huge huge deal. It should have it but I feel like folks wouldn’t even understand if I tried to point that part out. Honestly, I didn’t even realize it until another member pointed it out (think it might’ve been @tonytobacco ). The tongue on XI’s have been kind of stiff too but it’s not a deal breaker either.

I’m not bashing the 2018 retro.. these are just things that I’ve noticed. Some of these little qualities are what made me love the shoe and this shoe is what created the sneaker monster I am now back in the 5th grade so it’s part of the passion I have for this release and hopes that these things wouldn’t get over looked. It’s the best retro we’ve gotten but there were some things they missed and I happened to notice them. ‍♂️

Launched SNKRS and it showed Purchased instead of Notify Me like when I first purchased them on the 15th.

Back
Top Bottom