Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Reminds me of one of my home boys. All he does is complain about how "hard it is to obtain shoes these days" and how he's too old to do this and too busy to do that and dude wont even download a app and enter a damn raffle which takes 2 seconds. Like dudes want the shoes to fall in their lap or something. One of my other homies DM'd me the other day about these, asking if I had a connect ( :lol: ) to copp these and if I could help him get a pair. I was like bro, just go to the store on Dec 8th lol. Told him about the apps etc. but I guess that sounds like a hard math problem to some of these guys :lol:. Thing is some of these guys were the most hippest up on everything type of guys growing up, now they act like 70 year old 30 somethings lol. It's sad.

The only exceptions I can understand:

1. If you work during the release

2. If you're on vacation out of state and are not around a shoe store

3. At a family function or wedding (where you're not allowed to use you phone)

Dude it will take you 10-15 min to buy these on a computer. Significantly less if you hit on SNKRS on your phone. This isn’t the old days of buying holiday 11s: lining up/camping, button mashing on foot sites, ATC services, Twitter RSVPs, etc. etc. I said it before-these are bricks simply because of the sheer volume of pairs that Nike/JB have produced (which is great for people who actually want the shoe to wear).

But, hey, it’s your money-spend it how you wish.

OK guy. I guess I'll give it a shot!

giphy.gif

Reminds me of one of my home boys. All he does is complain about how "hard it is to obtain shoes these days" and how he's too old to do this and too busy to do that and dude wont even download a app and enter a damn raffle which takes 2 seconds. Like dudes want the shoes to fall in their lap or something. One of my other homies DM'd me the other day about these, asking if I had a connect ( :lol: ) to copp these and if I could help him get a pair. I was like bro, just go to the store on Dec 8th lol. Told him about the apps etc. but I guess that sounds like a hard math problem to some of these guys :lol:. Thing is some of these guys were the most hippest up on everything type of guys growing up, now they act like 70 year old 30 somethings lol. It's sad.

I have all the apps. I own a business in tech. I'm not saying I won't do it all. I'm saying I'd pay an extra $30 to get them in hand from a store now. I think I'm wasting time here guys. Anyway, hope you all get your shoes!

I have all the apps. I own a business in tech. I'm not saying I won't do it all. I'm saying I'd pay an extra $30 to get them in hand from a store now. I think I'm wasting time here guys. Anyway, hope you all get your shoes!

Why not really save time and go copp on Stockx right now and be done with it? I hope you get your pair.

Last edited:
I guess dudes heads are going to explode when they see these sitting on shelves in the afternoon/evening of Dec 8th.

Oh it's going to happen. Unless they keep pumping out these early drops to off set distribution which is why I think they keep doing them. The SJ's were in some stores until Sunday night in NYC.

SNKRS app or bust for me .... I don’t spend enough on the foot locker apps as they just re-set ..... will be an interest 11 or so days

Just got another notification on SNKRS for access even though I already claimed earlier.

Won't let me get another pair.

Trying to explain how to use the Foot apps to my non sneaker heads friends is like trying to explain PhD level Calculus :lol:

Also, if you werent around for the last release, you may not understand the psychological effects of that release lmao. To have them early was a huge deal and even then it got around that a lot of those were fake which created bit of a panic to get a pair inshore. Everything was FCFS.. even online so it was SUPER hard to get them. Some of the people from that release still have that worry when it comes to these.

I don't see the need for that when theyre making something close to 1million pairs and we have all these apps and stuff but I can see why some are shook or have grown into their responsibilities and it's tough for them to accommodate. THANK GOD its not FCFS (hopefully).

It's LIVE!

Watched it late last night. Thanks for the part where you actually measured the patent. Great to see how close the 18 is compared to the OG in that regard. I also found the stuff about the outsoles interesting. Great video overall, dude.

Sometimes I think to myself that some of the tiny changes they seem to do on purpose must be more trouble than they are worth. Like you say, the outsoles on the Concord lows are damn close to the OGs. Why not just keep that spec on the appropriate new releases when, after all, they already have done the work necessary to make those outsoles. But anyway, again, thanks for the video!

No, sometimes I can't. This is what I mean by perspective from the young guys. The guys who aren't dads can't understand that there are situations like when your baby has a 104 degree fever and is throwing up milk when you can't tell your family "hey I gotta run to the mall real quick". Other times, we have family over or we have swim lessons to get to or photographers at the house and I also have a business to run. No, I'm not willing to go to the store sometimes depending on the situation. I hope I will be able to, but it's not the highest priority. I remember when I was single, I would be at all the stores anytime I wanted and the House of Hoops workers saw me every Saturday and they knew my name. They would hold my size down for me every raffle. This is why an extra $30 would be worth it for me these days. Enjoy while you can boys! I'm trying to retire from the sneaker game, but there's a couple more I need and these are one of them.
Swing by your local shop on release day. There will be pairs throughout the day. If that doesn’t work just wait it out resell price wilp prob be 250-260 once the market is flooded.

Trying to explain how to use the Foot apps to my non sneaker heads friends is like trying to explain PhD level Calculus :lol:

Also, if you werent around for the last release, you may not understand the psychological effects of that release lmao. To have them early was a huge deal and even then it got around that a lot of those were fake which created bit of a panic to get a pair inshore. Everything was FCFS.. even online so it was SUPER hard to get them. Some of the people from that release still have that worry when it comes to these.

I don't see the need for that when theyre making something close to 1million pairs and we have all these apps and stuff but I can see why some are shook or have grown into their responsibilities and it's tough for them to accommodate. THANK GOD its not FCFS (hopefully).

That release was the last time I lined up for a sneaker. Before that, it had been a good 5 or 6 years. But that last Concord release was a doozy. :lol: :smh:

As a grown *** man I had to sneak into the mall at 3 AM via the maintenance doors that are always unlocked. Managed to be 6th in line outside Finish Line while hundreds of people were lined up outside the mall. I thought it would be smooth sailing from that point on, but then the doors opened and those hundreds of dudes flooded the line. It was pure chaos for a good hour or so. Dudes talmbout shooting cats, mad pushing and shoving, etc. :smh:

I did get a pair, but that **** just wasn’t worth it. The experience kinda ruined that retro for me, on top of them being a pretty ****ty rendition of a classic. Ended up selling them a few months later.

But these right here??? LAWD I NEED TWO PAIRS. And they WILL be rocked right away.

I'm also in the dad category and would pay $30 more to have a pair secured to avoid all of that. Let's be honest, if retail was $250, we'd all still cop multiples right.

I hear you though, with a child, priorities take over. Even a quick 5 minutes "to cop real quick" can't always happen. Even what seems like a "quick trip" to the mall, definitely isn't that for me. Traffic, parking, just getting to the store, crowds, dragging a toddler along, just thinking about that makes me question why lol.

But with that said, just a little effort at 7am on release day, on a phone, laptop, or call some stores nearby around 5pm and see who has left, should do the trick.

Found out it's a 7am tee time for a golf tournament on RD.
The reaction I got when I tried to explain why I needed a later time to these old dudes/dads :smile:smh:smile: was probably about the same when I used to get from kids/hypebeasts when I would throw the baby into the stroller or baby sling and go pick up on RD :smile:sick::stoneface: :smh:).

I'm not worried though, I can use SNKRS and footapps just as well on my phone from the tee box.

Back
Top Bottom