Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

He wore both so there is no reason to be upset about the number unless people want what was originally released to the public in 1995. The thing is that the 45 could/should be stitched so it won't fade and to keep it consistent with the 2016 PE release. Though the original was screen printed.

If y’all dont want them because of the 45 I’ll be more than happy to double up. This is literally the only shoe I have no problem doubling up on. So please let them sit so I can finally grab a pair.

I sure as hell would hate it if they brought back that idiotic gold JORDAN lettering from the scrapped DMP version. It made no sense then and would make no sense now. If this latest retro somehow popped up with the lettering, I'd go from easily buying four or five pairs to buying zero pairs. Not even joking a little bit. JORDAN lettering on the lace holders, I always wondered what dip **** came up with that in the first place :smh:
Well said

I just don't dig the 45 on the back. If it's what they're going with, good luck to all trying to cop.

Can you explain the reason you don't? I just want to know why this change is why several people not wanting to secure a pair.
Because its supposed to look like a barcode. The change diminishes the design. They only changed it to 45 because jordan changed to 45. Its supposed to have a 23 because thats what tinker designed it with. 45 was cool for a niche thing on one release but to do it again is getting tacky. We've been waiting for the concords to be done right for 18 years. The right move wouldve been to play it safe and release this shoe how it was, period. No one would complain about 23. Why pull some needless bs when no one is asking for it and could potentially turn people off?

Oh that's right, so we have a reason to 'buy them again when they make them a step closer to OG'

(even though its totally unnecessary and we'll buy them again in 5 years regardless) (so stupid/)

Because its supposed to look like a barcode. The change diminishes the design. They only changed it to 45 because jordan changed to 45. Its supposed to have a 23 because thats what tinker designed it with. 45 was cool for a niche thing on one release but to do it again is getting tacky. We've been waiting for the concords to be done right for 18 years. The right move wouldve been to play it safe and release this shoe how it was, period. No one would complain about 23. Why pull some needless bs when no one is asking for it and could potentially turn people off?

Oh that's right, so we have a reason to 'buy them again when they make them a step closer to OG'

(even though its totally unecessary and we'll buy them again in 5 years regardless) (so stupid/)
That's a good point.

Is this not closer to the OG? I mean tinker designed them with the 23 because he assumed when MJ came back he’d be wearing 23. But he came back in 45 and debuted them with 45.

Would prefer stitched but if not definitely not a deal breaker. The 2000 era Retros weren't stitched but didn't rub off right away either. As long as its not the same as what was on the cdp I'm good
the og was printed too. They didnt really rub away, it just split, cracked and subsequently flaked off eventually. But that always paled in comparison to the gray rubber strings poking out of the fabric after it stretched out.

Is this not closer to the OG? I mean tinker designed them with the 23 because he assumed when MJ came back he’d be wearing 23. But he came back in 45 and debuted them with 45.
So youre saying we should prefer the customs? They most assuredly had pairs in the locker room with 23. What did it say on the back when he switched back to 23? Why does a few weeks overtake a year and a half?

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything but it debuted with the 45. Is that not making this shoe closer to the original look? More of a PE I guess, but it’s what MJ wore. Isn’t that what half the arguments/complaints are? Making it closer to what MJ had.

And if theyre going to take it that far then why not shrink the Jumpman and dye the sole closer to this? Where its more opaque on the outside and translucent on the grooves. also, let's kick that collar up a little

flashback-to-95-premiere-of-air-jordan-xi.jpg

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything but it debuted with the 45. Is that not making this shoe closer to the original look? More of a PE I guess, but it’s what MJ wore. Isn’t that what half the arguments/complaints are? Making it closer to what MJ had.
So do we get 23 next year?

So do we get 23 next year?

Probably. If we go by JB’s pattern, next year will probably be retro+ colorways and a return to the 23. I would imagine every 11 release from here would carry the 23 as well. I don’t vividly remember the black/reds with a 45.

You shouldnt, 45 was way in the past by the time the 96 playoffs happened

They put a red bottom on it to switch it up from the normal gray blue bottom from the year before for one last squeeze of milk out of the model.

I cant speak for everyone else at the time but I remember being disappointed the ones from the Magic series evidently werent happening.

(even though its totally unnecessary and we'll buy them again in 5 years regardless) (so stupid/)

Where is the barcode information from? Could you link an article or source so I can read about it?

A lot of good points really on both sides. A lot may want the original debut shoe with 45 for certain reasons. I would say most want 23 because it's the championship 72 winning season shoe. Which brings back a ton of memories there. I've always liked the shoes 10,11 with 45 on them. But the 23 just looks better and fits the design more. It goes better with the Jumpman Jordan in the front. Either way they go it's going to sell out anyway.

I’d take both in all honesty. One to wear, one to display/add to the collection. At the end of the day we’re not going to be staring at the back of each others ankles lol.

Back
Top Bottom