Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

zm36mwgkozybmmedlb1c.jpg

So true. I was a MEGA MJ fan yet seeing AI killing it in them that year somehow made me want them even more. Actually, I think it was really because the concords just looked (and still do) so perfect on feet that AI just gave me more opportunities to see them in action, since back then NBA players didn't typically rock other guys' shoes.

What makes this shoe the GOAT to me is just that: how it actually LOOKS on foot. The shape and the contrast, they just make this shoe appear sleek and clean as hell. The black wrapping around the toe and sides is where it's at, which is why personally I rank the concords the top 11 colorway by a country mile.

If there were no AJ 11 Concord, there will be no Reebok Question. The Concord inspiration is all over the Question - from the color blocking, full toe cap, icy outsole, lacing system, back ankle tab, etc.
air-jordan-11-concord-19952.jpg

y5evr0ynqbpjxjjvrbc5.jpg

Without a doubt. It was clear to everyone even back then that Reebok ripped off the XI. Look at that side shot, they even have a "wavy" panel of leather wrapping around the sides of the entire shoe. You can see by the way it flows into the toe, that piece could easily have been colored blue wrapping around the whole shoe (rather than white leather flowing into the blue toe) to REALLY mimic the look. The Reebok guys were probably like, er, let's not go that far, at that point it will be BEYOND obvious what we did here LOL

I endorsed Footaction earlier but one of their workers screwed up. I bought multiple GS/Toddler size Concords and each one was being fulfilled by stores, instead of warehouse. Lo and behold, a couple hours later, a few $0.01 charges started on my CC that I used. Then a charge of $70ish went through, but then the idiot was stupid enough to try another $0.01 charge before my Fraud department shut down my card.

This totally messes up my autopays and this is my main card I use to collect points and use for daily purchases. Now I have to wait 7-10 days for a replacement card and put in a dispute for the fraud charge.

F that POS worker in Wisconsin that thought he could get a few charges through on my behalf.

How you know they were trying to commit fraud? The charges didn’t even fully go through yet. Usually retailers charge $0.01 to make sure the card exists and the billing info matches.

I would’ve waited for the charges to all settle before filing fraud.

You can typically request for your CC company to expedite your card and have it shipped in a day

Finally picked up my packages.
2 FNL, DSG, & NDC.
Personal pairs, no crazy flaws to cry about.
Bonus pic: Cleats!

P.s I hate the shoehead I've become. :smh:

Attachments

• Snapchat-2099590083.jpg
    Snapchat-2099590083.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 20181218_000052.jpg
    20181218_000052.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 68
  • Snapchat-1858871318.jpg
    Snapchat-1858871318.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Snapchat-1049783021.jpg
    Snapchat-1049783021.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 65
Also, the 11s look better when tied up enough for the lace webbing/loops hug the foot and really adds substance to the uppers when worn. Nowadays when people wear them untied, the uppers looks so stiff and flat; doesn't do justice to the 11s at all - it's ends up looking too boxy.

Also, the 11s look better when tied up enough for the lace webbing/loops hug the foot and really adds substance to the uppers when worn. Nowadays when people wear them untied, the uppers looks so stiff and flat; doesn't do justice to the 11s at all - it's ends up looking too boxy.

Agree with you on this as well. The padding bulging out between the lace loops makes a difference to the look. And this time around, I've even started lacing the shoes all the way to the top, something I never used to do with XIs. For whatever reason, I suddenly realized that I think they look better that way, too. It keeps the ankle area flush against your foot and ankle rather than spreading out kind of sloppily as it does when I only lace to the last loop from the top.

How you know they were trying to commit fraud? The charges didn’t even fully go through yet. Usually retailers charge $0.01 to make sure the card exists and the billing info matches.

I would’ve waited for the charges to all settle before filing fraud.

You can typically request for your CC company to expedite your card and have it shipped in a day
I didn't file the Fraud alert, my CC company did due to the multiple $0.01 charges, and then an unauthorized charge for $76.66 that didn't match any of my purchases.

My CC company also only expedites replacement cards with signature only; that's not possible when I'm not home during the day and my work is a .gov building, so no packages there. Footaction is just giving me nothing but headaches; not sending confirmation emails or even showing in the account summary, their online chat being down, their Customer Service line was a busy tone all day. Ridiculous.

One thing I've noted, and have thought is cool, for a long time about Tinker's designs is that you can see some clear commonalities through a lot of his sketches and a lot of final production models. If you look at them, you can pick out cues that may not have made it into the final version of the shoe he was brainstorming at the time, but then those general cues come back in another product. Sometimes it's not until years later, long enough that most people don't remember them from the old sketch even if they had seen the sketch originally.

With that as context, I was rewatching the Netflix episode of Abstract about him earlier, and it gets to the part about designing the Mag for Back to the Future II. Some Mag sketches appear on the screen at that point and ... this drawing makes clear sense as an early design idea that morphed into the final Air Mag for sure, but it also displays design/styling ideas that he clearly didn't just dump out of his mind once the Mag was complete. I know this is some dorky ****, but it's also pretty damn cool.

Am I the only one who sees it? I thought not.

IMG_7962.JPG

I dare say, if Nike just made the above sketch into a shoe that looked the exact same--no auto lacing--and called it the Hyperdunk or Huarache or Uptempo 2020 or whatever, it would be a SMASH hit both on and of the court. Crap, the way he drew it, the black toe basically looks like knit--and that sketch is almost 32 years old. Seeing stuff like this, you realize there is a linear, logical evolution to where the shoes are today in terms of both materials and styling. Pretty fascinating stuff, at least to me and I think to anyone with an interest in design and tech, regardless of the product in question.

One thing I've noted, and have thought is cool, for a long time about Tinker's designs is that you can see some clear commonalities through a lot of his sketches and a lot of final production models. If you look at them, you can pick out cues that may not have made it into the final version of the shoe he was brainstorming at the time, but then those general cues come back in another product. Sometimes it's not until years later, long enough that most people don't remember them from the old sketch even if they had seen the sketch originally.

With that as context, I was rewatching the Netflix episode of Abstract about him earlier, and it gets to the part about designing the Mag for Back to the Future II. Some Mag sketches appear on the screen at that point and ... this drawing makes clear sense as an early design idea that morphed into the final Air Mag for sure, but it also displays design/styling ideas that he clearly didn't just dump out of his mind once the Mag was complete. I know this is some dorky ****, but it's also pretty damn cool.

Am I the only one who sees it? I thought not.

IMG_7962.JPG
img_7962-jpg.2232119

m_58bf7c7456b2d6ee1b012cc4.jpg

Ya, exactly. Those 2K5s were, in my mind even at the time, following the 11 concord theme. The concords came first, and the Mag sketch way before then. You can see the design language being evolved/adapted and used for years to come, as with the shoes you posted.

l think the concords resemble the Mag sketch more than any black-toe Huarache 2K5 does. And if they straight up produced that sketch as a production shoe now with just some minor adjustments, but say 90-95 percent the same, it would fly. I know I'd buy them day one.

EDIT: Obviously it isn't just the concords. The Uptempos adopted the same look a lot as well. But concords were the first production shoe (at least that I recall) to take on that design language.

Last edited:
0BBFFAD0-4F4B-4736-A5D7-E441240B9DFA.jpeg
I’ve been war ready for these bad boys..

can’t wait to break all this gear out (..not at the same time lol) this season for conference play with the final piece now at home
Had that half zip. Feels like 20 years ago. Trying to remember what happened to it

Matching doesn't even matter, it's damn near as iconic as Mike Bibby in the Foams at Arizona even though the blue was a completely different shade than the Uni.

Factory lacing is suffocating these.. I loosened them up and roped them like the 2000 pair and tucked them behind the tongue. This helps with shape a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom