Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Because its supposed to look like a barcode. The change diminishes the design. They only changed it to 45 because jordan changed to 45. Its supposed to have a 23 because thats what tinker designed it with. 45 was cool for a niche thing on one release but to do it again is getting tacky. We've been waiting for the concords to be done right for 18 years. The right move wouldve been to play it safe and release this shoe how it was, period. No one would complain about 23. Why pull some needless bs when no one is asking for it and could potentially turn people off?

Oh that's right, so we have a reason to 'buy them again when they make them a step closer to OG'

(even though its totally unnecessary and we'll buy them again in 5 years regardless) (so stupid/)

That's always my thing: people need to stop theorizing that Jordan makes these changes because it needs to in order to entice people to buy the shoes again when they rerelease. Of course, I wouldn't put it past the geniuses at Jordan to employ that theory, but it's beyond idiotic. If they dropped the same shoes over and over again every year, then I might be able to see the logic. But with five or more (in this case, seven) years between retro releases of the same shoe, it's a waste of time and being WAYYYYYY overthought by some marketing people trying to justify their existence.

They put a red bottom on it to switch it up from the normal gray blue bottom from the year before for one last squeeze of milk out of the model.

I cant speak for everyone else at the time but I remember being disappointed the ones from the Magic series evidently werent happening.

Ahahaha, I felt the same way. Went to Footlocker early on release day, spring '96, for the black XIs. I had been waiting since the previous summer for them and assumed they would be what we now call Space Jams. When I got to Footlocker, there was a poster or sign up for them with a picture of the black/red XI. I just stood there for a hard second thinking, wait, WTF is this shoe? Red soles? I bought them anyway, but I was so disappointed. I remember getting home and just staring at those things and thinking, "what just happened?" for the rest of the day LOL.

One thing I will note just for the record, Nike didn't JUST slap red soles and a red jumpman on the same black uppers it used the previous year for MJ's '95 playoff pairs. The OG black/red uppers actually have a red tint to the black cordura. It's still there today on that very pair I bought that day and which I still have. But I would've much preferred they didn't make any changes to the OG "Space Jams" and just released those, no one cared that it was almost a year later.

I just want to know how parents are gonna respond when they’re asked to be the same exact shoe this year :rofl:.

P.s. We know that these and the Win Like 82 are different, but someone out there won’t.

That stitched 23 looks dope af. I hope its stitched if it stays 45 but if its not stitched ... screen print it like the OGs... I hate that hard plastic crap they use. And IDK why people try to convince others to cop lol. Let them "pass" which is nonsense... aint no one passing on these. This shoe is the master of the turn..

Official pics release; Was out before but Im in now!

After consideration, we may never get em like this so Im copping.

Ill try and if I dont like them Ill send them back; *Gets shoe* Man theyre fire, keeping.

Copped for my boy... has no actual boys.

Saw them in person and had to cop..

giphy.gif

That stitched 23 looks dope af. I hope its stitched if it stays 45 but if its not stitched ... screen print it like the OGs... I hate that hard plastic crap they use. And IDK why people try to convince others to cop lol. Let them "pass" which is nonsense... aint no one passing on these. This shoe is the master of the turn..

Official pics release; Was out before but Im in now!

After consideration, we may never get em like this so Im copping.

Ill try and if I dont like them Ill send them back; *Gets shoe* Man theyre fire, keeping.

Copped for my boy... has no actual boys.

Saw them in person and had to cop..

giphy.gif
:rofl:

I just hope the number on the back doesn’t fade away after one wear, just like those damn cdp black/red jordan 11’s.

My 2009 Space jam lettering stretched over a couple years, but fade away? How tf does that happen in one wear?

I thought the 2009 jams were the worst quality 11s

I just want to know how parents are gonna respond when they’re asked to be the same exact shoe this year :rofl:.

P.s. We know that these and the Win Like 82 are different, but someone out there won’t.

Parents? I'm convincing myself they're completely different shoes in order to justify a color and number change. They're the same shoe! But different... but the same... but different. I've got the '82, but I must own both!

That's always my thing: people need to stop theorizing that Jordan makes these changes because it needs to in order to entice people to buy the shoes again when they rerelease. Of course, I wouldn't put it past the geniuses at Jordan to employ that theory, but it's beyond idiotic. If they dropped the same shoes over and over again every year, then I might be able to see the logic. But with five or more (in this case, seven) years between retro releases of the same shoe, it's a waste of time and being WAYYYYYY overthought by some marketing people trying to justify their existence.

word
A couple of dudes in the wrong place keep getting that paycheck at the cost of a lot of people's happiness

Ahahaha, I felt the same way. Went to Footlocker early on release day, spring '96, for the black XIs. I had been waiting since the previous summer for them and assumed they would be what we now call Space Jams. When I got to Footlocker, there was a poster or sign up for them with a picture of the black/red XI. I just stood there for a hard second thinking, wait, WTF is this shoe? Red soles? I bought them anyway, but I was so disappointed. I remember getting home and just staring at those things and thinking, "what just happened?" for the rest of the day LOL.

One thing I will note just for the record, Nike didn't JUST slap red soles and a red jumpman on the same black uppers it used the previous year for MJ's '95 playoff pairs. The OG black/red uppers actually have a red tint to the black cordura. It's still there today on that very pair I bought that day and which I still have. But I would've much preferred they didn't make any changes to the OG "Space Jams" and just released those, no one cared that it was almost a year later.
lol

Back
Top Bottom