Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I was around for the 95/96 release and I can't deny the red tint but please believe that was NOT noticeable on foot or on my little brothers GS pair. And there were plenty of people rocking these in NYC.

IMG_20170912_175351.jpg
It's not that noticable in natural light. It is a cool feature though. Back in 96 I had no idea of this detail at all. Just thought it was all black.

Never noticed the black red cordura

air-jordan-11-og-blk-rd.jpg

Thats wild

Ill be getting a 3rd pair of 11s if they release like this

Yessir. I was aware of it at the time, but like you, I spend too much time on details. But it's like anything else for people like us: once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Last edited:
I was around for the 95/96 release and I can't deny the red tint but please believe that was NOT noticeable on foot or on my little brothers GS pair. And there were plenty of people rocking these in NYC.

No it is not ... unless you look close, up close. BUT, from real-world viewing distances, the actual effect was that it gave the shoes a unique sheen. I've seen plenty of dudes rocking retro pairs, and it always strikes me how deep black they are. The OG uppers didn't look red at all but they also shimmered in a way no retro has. It's a minor point, but it is also legit.

IMG_20170912_175351.jpg
It's not that noticable in natural light. It is a cool feature though. Back in 96 I had no idea of this detail at all. Just thought it was all black.

You were too young to notice LOL. And I don't mean that in a negative way AT ALL.

It is a cool feature, as you said. Is it better than just being all black? That's in the eye of the beholder. It's just another thing, though, that gets changed and lost over the years. Just like the stiff padding inside the upper I and others brought up previously. That's how history gets eroded. Next thing you know, no one knows any better and thinks that's how it was (see the black/cement III retro thread). Oh, I know, it''s not that serious ... these are just overpriced shoes, anyway. But a retro shoe is by definition all about nostalgia, and if you were there originally, is part of what made it cool in the first place. But these latest/upcoming XI retros are decent. Improvements can still be made, though.

EDIT: Actually JRepp, I don't want to say you were too young, that's irrelevant and unfair. You just didn't have the OCD some of us suffer from, and that's a good thing.

You were too young to notice LOL. And I don't mean that in a negative way AT ALL.

It is a cool feature, as you said. Is it better than just being all black? That's in the eye of the beholder. It's just another thing, though, that gets changed and lost over the years. Just like the stiff padding inside the upper I and others brought up previously. That's how history gets eroded. Next thing you know, no one knows any better and thinks that's how it was (see the black/cement III retro thread). Oh, I know, it''s not that serious ... these are just overpriced shoes, anyway. But a retro shoe is by definition all about nostalgia, and if you were there originally, is part of what made it cool in the first place. But these latest/upcoming XI retros are decent. Improvements can still be made, though.

EDIT: Actually JRepp, I don't want to say you were too young, that's irrelevant and unfair. You just didn't have the OCD some of us suffer from, and that's a good thing.
8e814c64b9434af504b542f27460a3e6.gif

improvements can be made for sure, but what i dont understand is how can you basically be a shoe in your lifetime and you walk around seeing everyone wearing you, yet instead of making sure the impression that shoe makes on the person wearing it is consistently amazing and true to itself you do what you can to diminish it and cut corners where you can for a few more bucks.??? Meanwhile people are walking around with you on their feet feeling slightly cheated and tricked. For a few more bucks. What does that say about the shoe man?

Reputation be damned, gotta get those bucks right now. Must make more than yesterday everyday. That's more important than legacy and respect. Better than you. Drain the cow.

No one ever talks about are Chucks dead? Make them right, no need for hype. High quality reproductions of iconic bits of american history you can wear on your feet WILL NEVER SIT ON SHELVES. Paper tigers kill the love.

Not to say that Jordan Brand isnt improving from what ever that era was before november 2014 snapped them out of it. But it shouldve never gotten to that point to begin with. Whoever destroyed those original molds should be drawn and quartered.

Nike needs to do the right thing and 3D scan the old soles and uppers piece by piece and get it done for a fresh start 2020. We have the technology. Its just a matter of admitting inadequacy in the face of cheap immediate profits. Protect the brand. Wont someone think of Marcus?

Last edited:
They could put the year they released on them and I’m still in. I’m just hoping I don’t strike out...

The 45 isn’t nearly as bad as:
Everything about the 3s
4s height
9s jumpman
13s shape
Or any of the details that make the recent retros look off.

The 11’s look has been consistent enough for me at least. You’re right about the 3’s and 4’s. I’ll throw the 6’s in there too. The shape of all those shoes has got to the point where I don’t even want them

improvements can be made for sure, but what i dont understand is how can you basically be a shoe in your lifetime and you walk around seeing everyone wearing you, yet instead of making sure the impression that shoe makes on the person wearing it is consistently amazing and true to itself you do what you can to diminish it and cut corners where you can for a few more bucks.??? Meanwhile people are walking around with you on their feet feeling slightly cheated and tricked. For a few more bucks. What does that say about the shoe man?

Reputation be damned, gotta get those bucks right now. Must make more than yesterday everyday. That's more important than legacy and respect. Better than you. Drain the cow.

No one ever talks about are Chucks dead? Make them right, no need for hype. High quality reproductions of iconic bits of american history you can wear on your feet WILL NEVER SIT ON SHELVES. Paper tigers kill the love.

Not to say that Jordan Brand isnt improving from what ever that era was before november 2014 snapped them out of it. But it shouldve never gotten to that point to begin with. Whoever destroyed those original molds should be drawn and quartered.

Nike needs to do the right thing and 3D scan the old soles and uppers piece by piece and get it done for a fresh start 2020. We have the technology. Its just a matter of admitting inadequacy in the face of cheap immediate profits. Protect the brand. Wont someone think of Marcus?

He's probably walking around with significantly more money in his bank account with his head up high not even looking down at anyone's feet. Nike don't give a **** about your nostalgia, they're a business that's in it to make as much $ as possible, and they know these shoes will sell out regardless.

BUT, from real-world viewing distances, the actual effect was that it gave the shoes a unique sheen. I've seen plenty of dudes rocking retro pairs, and it always strikes me how deep black they are. The OG uppers didn't look red at all but they also shimmered in a way no retro has. It's a minor point, but it is also legit.

Every Bred retro I've seen in person has been a deep black. I'm blown away by the OGs having that little sheen; it's pretty cool. But as part of the remastering program, would JB actually bring that back? I don't know.

Not sure if you've bought any of those 3 models in the last 3 years, but paint endurance issues are rare at this point. That's one of the few things they've largely fixed.
I have. I’m speaking in general. Legit 10 + years of paint chipping lol

He's probably walking around with significantly more money in his bank account with his head up high not even looking down at anyone's feet. Nike don't give a **** about your nostalgia, they're a business that's in it to make as much $ as possible, and they know these shoes will sell out regardless.
Nice try Michael Jordan, but you missed my point

After further review;

nevermind, I was going to say I considered maroons to be one of the best remastered retros but after comparing them...

they didnt even cut out the ankle hole panel. Its just a stitched line around it lol wtf

and somewhere along the line they curved that bit of leather at the toe where it used to be angled and sharp. It hides there looking stupid, hoping no one would notice for god knows how long now.

Last edited:
After further review;

nevermind, I was going to say I considered maroons to be one of the best remastered retros but after comparing them...

they didnt even cut out the ankle hole panel. Its just a stitched line around it lol wtf
Man the maroon retros bleed all over the white areas too. Shoes were cooked after a couple months. The midsole paint also cracked .... they’re white lol

Last edited:
After further review;

and somewhere along the line they curved that bit of leather at the toe where it used to be angled and sharp. It hides there looking stupid, hoping no one would notice for god knows how long now.
poor detail

Back
Top Bottom