Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

After further review;

nevermind, I was going to say I considered maroons to be one of the best remastered retros but after comparing them...

they didnt even cut out the ankle hole panel. Its just a stitched line around it lol wtf

and somewhere along the line they curved that bit of leather at the toe where it used to be angled and sharp. It hides there looking stupid, hoping no one would notice for god knows how long now.
I like my maroons but yet another detail I never noticed. Btw is there a retro you actually do like within the last 5 or so.:lol:

I thought I liked what was going on with that 1 six lol

I like my metallic 5s, but you know, the tongue throws me off along witht he milky netting but overall Im happy with them.

I like my cement 4s, but you know, the height...(and yesterday when I wore them I noticed that the ankle collar leather is straight plastic which kind of sucks for longevity and comfort)

I like my Space Jams, just a few minor hits there

I like my bordeauxs . No complaints knowing what couldve been. I just wish theyd lower the front end a bit (on all of those J's preceeding this one for that matter) Thats really the only thing left to do on these if they cant procure the exact materials used in 92. These are the ones im happiest to put on my feet when i stop to think about it.

You'll notice an absence of 3s

I guess my favorite so far is the 7s when it comes down to it. I guess that's why Im anticipating the charcoals so hard.

Of course this all excludes the 1s I have. Those are in their own category.

And I dont really mess with retro + colorways

Last edited:
Back in 1995 I had a choice to pick the Concords or the Air Max Penny 1's. I chose the Penny 1's, still my favorite sneaker of all time.

But I did get the Concords when they retroed in October 2000 and had a job. I almost didn't pick up the Concords that year cause of the PS2 released a day apart . lol

Thats funny, I remember hitting the little footlcker at lunch next to the jr college i went to to kill time and my boy who worked there surprised me with my size in concords (2000), i still remember that vividly. I didnt have any cash at the time because i think I had just gotten the infrareds so I had to go pawn my playstation 1 I had just bought a month or two prior to play ncaa football and that sneaky ninja game (i dont remember what it was called but it was so chill and dope). Concords were my grails and I thought I was replacing my OG samples I got from instyleshoes.com in 1999 for like $275 (lol) I was probably their first customer ever. So I iced them for a year while I ran my OGs into the ground. Then I broke them out for some church league me and my best basketball friend found.

They were not a replacement. Not even close. The retro 11 was way flimsier. That's when I found out what the word retro really meant as I never had the infrareds in 1991 to compare the retro to. I just remember trying to hoop in those infrareds thinking "damn, Jordan had to play an entire season in this garbage?" But I knew something was up with those 11s right off the bat.

Id imagine 1016 SJs are better built than 2000 concords, or if not just as well.

Last edited:
Back in 1995 I had a choice to pick the Concords or the Air Max Penny 1's. I chose the Penny 1's, still my favorite sneaker of all time.

But I did get the Concords when they retroed in October 2000 and had a job. I almost didn't pick up the Concords that year cause of the PS2 released a day apart . lol
Man I love the penny 1s with the big air bubbles I have a pair of the knicks pretty fresh just need to unyellow the sole. And haven't had a pair of concords for a minute since the DMP pack. 45/23 im in regardless double up.

IMG_4217.JPG

Thats funny, I remember hitting the little footlcker at lunch next to the jr college i went to to kill time and my boy who worked there surprised me with my size in concords (2000), i still remember that vividly. I didnt have any cash at the time because i think I had just gotten the infrareds so I had to go pawn my playstation 1 I had just bought a month or two prior to play ncaa football and that sneaky ninja game (i dont remember what it was called but it was so chill and dope). Concords were my grails and I thought I was replacing my OG samples I got from instyleshoes.com in 1999 for like $275 (lol) I was probably their first customer ever. So I iced them for a year while I ran my OGs into the ground. Then I broke them out for some church league me and my best basketball friend found.

They were not a replacement. Not even close. The retro 11 was way flimsier. That's when I found out what the word retro really meant as I never had the infrareds in 1991 to compare the retro to. I just remember trying to hoop in those infrareds thinking "damn, Jordan had to play an entire season in this garbage?" But I knew something was up with those 11s right off the bat.

Id imagine 1016 SJs are better built than 2000 concords, or if not just as well.
LOL I remember looking at those prices thinking YIKES 280??? Man o man

That was my christmas present. My only one lol

I got to break them out a week early to play in the highschool tournament in the local colliseum

Everyone was looking at me like yo wtf?

This was before the retro (1999) and a distant memory from 95 when we were all in jr high

That was my christmas present. My only one lol

I got to break them out a week early to play in the highschool tournament in the local colliseum

Everyone was looking at me like yo wtf?

This was before the retro (1999) and a distant memory from 95 when we were all in jr high
how old are you? 36? 37?

your stories line up with where i was at and what i was doin at the time of those releases.

I thought I liked what was going on with that 1 six lol

I like my metallic 5s, but you know, the tongue throws me off along witht he milky netting but overall Im happy with them.

I like my cement 4s, but you know, the height...(and yesterday when I wore them I noticed that the ankle collar leather is straight plastic which kind of sucks for longevity and comfort)

I like my Space Jams, just a few minor hits there

I like my bordeauxs . No complaints knowing what couldve been. I just wish theyd lower the front end a bit (on all of those J's preceeding this one for that matter) Thats really the only thing left to do on these if they cant procure the exact materials used in 92. These are the ones im happiest to put on my feet when i stop to think about it.

You'll notice an absence of 3s

I guess my favorite so far is the 7s when it comes down to it. I guess that's why Im anticipating the charcoals so hard.

Of course this all excludes the 1s I have. Those are in their own category.

And I dont really mess with retro + colorways
I’m anticipating for the charcoals also I was hoping if they following the 2012 pattern with the bred 4s then may bring those out too I mean they following the 2011 pattern with the concords BC3s, and last shots so it don’t sound to far fetched

After further review;

nevermind, I was going to say I considered maroons to be one of the best remastered retros but after comparing them...

they didnt even cut out the ankle hole panel. Its just a stitched line around it lol wtf

and somewhere along the line they curved that bit of leather at the toe where it used to be angled and sharp. It hides there looking stupid, hoping no one would notice for god knows how long now.

I liked the VIs when they first came out back in '91, but these days I don't have any interest in them at all so I never pay attention to the retros. That right there, though ... :rofl:
C'mon, man. A "fake" stitch to simulate the original panel on the ankle? JFC. That's almost as bad as anything they've screwed up over the years, well, other than what they've done to the IIIs overall. But we won't go back down that road in here ...

I liked the VIs when they first came out back in '91, but these days I don't have any interest in them at all so I never pay attention to the retros. That right there, though ... :rofl:
C'mon, man. A "fake" stitch to simulate the original panel on the ankle? JFC. That's almost as bad as anything they've screwed up over the years, well, other than what they've done to the IIIs overall. But we won't go back down that road in here ...

lol

yeah, thats a bad look. Reminds me of this
2018-Honda-Civic-front-three-quarter-in-motion.jpg
new-2018-honda-civic_hatchback-lxcvtwhondasensing-8519-16994776-6-640.jpg

how it looks like a grill but its not.

I’m anticipating for the charcoals also I was hoping if they following the 2012 pattern with the bred 4s then may bring those out too I mean they following the 2011 pattern with the concords BC3s, and last shots so it don’t sound to far fetched
Is that how it went down in 2012? Bred 4s and charcoal 7s? Nice to hear if so. But Gentry lurks these days and those releases will be under his watch. I wish they wouldve come out back in 2015 when they were taking pride in the remasters. Its been a strange gap between OG retros of the 7. We havent seen anything in 3 years.

Is that how it went down in 2012? Bred 4s and charcoal 7s? Nice to hear if so. But Gentry lurks these days and those releases will be under his watch. I wish they wouldve come out back in 2015 when they were taking pride in the remasters. Its been a strange gap between OG retros of the 7. We havent seen anything in 3 years.
Seriously, my black red DMP 7s are the most comfortable pair I have still to this day as far as retros go. I beat the Orlando version to the ground and balled in them quite a bit. I have the recent release but only wore them 2-3 times. They feel the same to me. They are like pillows.

totally. That bordeaux release was the first time I was able to get a pair of 7s and they surprised the hell out of me. Was not expecting them to be so soft. I figured that old tech was trash. I would have zero problems hooping in these. I might even prefer them over the 11.

Yea only reason I remember because the charcoal came out around my bday back in 2012 and they can throw in the cardinals too tbh

Last edited:
Every Bred retro I've seen in person has been a deep black. I'm blown away by the OGs having that little sheen; it's pretty cool. But as part of the remastering program, would JB actually bring that back? I don't know.
I doubt it, the Metallic 5s proved to me that they don’t care about small extra details on OGs. The 5s were supposed to have a ankle sheen like the 2000 and OG pair.

I don’t have high hopes for the cracks in the nubuck the 93 and 07 playoff 8s had either.

Back
Top Bottom