Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Not a good look at all man. I just can't believe they'd pull that BS while in the middle of this pandemic. They got so big so quick and became the standard in no time. So many sales, so much business. They make a decent commission especially on those higher priced items and they're doing watches, streetwear and shoes. Supreme alone should yield ridiculous commissions. I can't imagine they're not making a killing even without that added 3%. They could have made it 1% considering it was directed at buyers if they were dead set on doing it to buyers.
Yeah they're straight up greedy mfers. No doubt about it.

I wanna double up on the Concord's badly. U think these are gonna soar in price after tonight's episodes of the Last Dance? Don't wanna wait too long and pay the price from the hype of the documentary. Think I should buy now to be safe? Appreciate the advice guys

They were going for around $300 depending on size a couple of months ago
Now it's like around $400
Seems like prices on all jordans are going up since the last dance
It's crazy

It's crazy
They sure are man. I can see a lot of OG colorways going up because of this documentary. You see the prices on the Chicago 1 ? yikes. My buddy says he paid like $800 for his a while back and they now don't fit so I looked up current prices on that size and the last sale was double what he paid ! DOUBLE.

That's unreal.

I still can't believe that passed on that BS 3% to buyers. It was bad enough for sellers but more understandable than to buyers. And they did it in the middle of a pandemic ? they just laid off a ton of staff and they had to add 3% ? douche move imo.
i hope people would stop supporting that company.

they’re so shady with numerous reports of passing off fakes as authentics and is known to have horrible customer service.

they even took away that free shipping incentive after your 5th purchase.

now the 3% fee? people should stop bending over. talk with your wallets.

They sure are man. I can see a lot of OG colorways going up because of this documentary. You see the prices on the Chicago 1 ? yikes. My buddy says he paid like $800 for his a while back and they now don't fit so I looked up current prices on that size and the last sale was double what he paid ! DOUBLE.

That's unreal.

Even non-OG colorways seem to be rising again. I have a pair of the Off White UNC 1's that seemed to be going down / dipping when all the corona stuff started... and now they've climbed back $300+ in the last few weeks. Not sure if its stimulus check, people bored at home, new increased interest in Jordan because of the documentary or what.... But I'm thinking about cashing a couple out and buying a new mountain bike

Even non-OG colorways seem to be rising again. I have a pair of the Off White UNC 1's that seemed to be going down / dipping when all the corona stuff started... and now they've climbed back $300+ in the last few weeks. Not sure if its stimulus check, people bored at home, new increased interest in Jordan because of the documentary or what.... But I'm thinking about cashing a couple out and buying a new mountain bike
cash out now bruh, it’s a sellers market. i can see most dipping back once the docu series is done and most states starts to reopen; and some people stops receiving those $600 + unemployment checks tbh

That's unreal.
I love the documentary from a fan's perspective, but I hate it from a buyer's perspective. Everything has shot up in price. Not just the shoes, but all memorabilia and collectibles as well. If you're a reseller, it's a gold rush I guess.

It's crazy
I expected them to up just as normal market staring the end up the year.

i sold all my recent doubles months ago
black cement 3s, black cement 4s, concords, playoffs
oops lol

I still have doubles of all of those... hoarder mentality doesn't want me to let them go, even though I still haven't worn most of them (even the 1st pairs, let alone the doubles).

I always told myself I'd keep 2 pair of every OG colorways that restocked, but then I still haven't worn many of them.

i sold all my recent doubles months ago
black cement 3s, black cement 4s, concords, playoffs
oops lol
nobody has a crystal ball

59379756-2db2-40ac-be6f-f74e2366ed20-jpeg.2569273

i hope people would stop supporting that company.

they’re so shady with numerous reports of passing off fakes as authentics and is known to have horrible customer service.

they even took away that free shipping incentive after your 5th purchase.

now the 3% fee? people should stop bending over. talk with your wallets.
Yeah facts man. When they took away the punch card for the free shipping that really made me look at them differently cause I thought that was a cheap, stingy move.

Now the extra 3% for BUYERS ?? they really reaching and bending over every customer of theirs that they're lucky enough to still have. Especially after 2-3 security breaches.

I literally watched a kid bait them into answering a question honestly on Twitter, it was epic ! He got a pair from them with the box corner torn all the way down the crease. So he took a picture of it but left the shoes with the SX tag out of it. He shot a tweet to Stocks account and asked if that box would pass the authentication process to which they replied and said :

" no, unfortunately that wouldn't pass our verification process "

His next tweet was a pic of the box and the shoes with their green hang tag and asked :

" then why would you sell it to me ? "

I was dying laughing and thinking man, what a bunch of chumps they looking like.

There you go man, that's super sick and glad to hear it. I'd imagine it's a combination of all 3 but either way it's nice to see a pair you have in hand go up or back up $300. I used to ride local trails when I had my Speacialized and I couldn't get enough man, I definitely loved riding hard and hitting some pretty crazy trails with challenging obstacles. Get after it brother !

There you go man, that's super sick and glad to hear it. I'd imagine it's a combination of all 3 but either way it's nice to see a pair you have in hand go up or back up $300. I used to ride local trails when I had my Speacialized and I couldn't get enough man, I definitely loved riding hard and hitting some pretty crazy trails with challenging obstacles. Get after it brother !

Yea part of the reason I'm even considering it is because of how expensive bikes are. Hoping to get one around $4k

I love the documentary from a fan's perspective, but I hate it from a buyer's perspective. Everything has shot up in price. Not just the shoes, but all memorabilia and collectibles as well. If you're a reseller, it's a gold rush I guess.

Indeed it is and I’m glad I got what I wanted prior to all of this. I saw it coming. Nostalgia is powerful.

I don't know much about patent leather quality but I was comparing my concord 11 lows to the 2018 mids and I noticed the patent leather on the lows is much thicker than the 2018 mids. This year the lows make 6 years and I've had them since they released in 2014, I've worn them a ton and I feel they held up really well. On the other hand, I’m not sure how the 2018's will hold up over the years as they age. Was the OG 11's patent leather thin like the 2018's?

Last edited:
Are they ever. When I went to get back into it and walked in a local shop I almost died when I saw the price tags.
Bike prices are nuts nowadays. I've sold Jordans in the past to buy new bikes and regretted it... Some OG playoff XI, early 2000s Cement III's. I don't have the bike anymore and don't miss it. I do miss the kicks though.

Even now I have a pair of the Spiderman 1's and I'm tempted to sell in this market. Also some black and red 4's from last year. I'd rather have the shoes in the long run. if you can afford the bike without selling shoes, I'd just do that. Selling shoes to make the cost of the bike just hurt less is tempting, but I's avoid that if you can.

Bike prices are nuts nowadays. I've sold Jordans in the past to buy new bikes and regretted it... Some OG playoff XI, early 2000s Cement III's. I don't have the bike anymore and don't miss it. I do miss the kicks though.

Even now I have a pair of the Spiderman 1's and I'm tempted to sell in this market. Also some black and red 4's from last year. I'd rather have the shoes in the long run. if you can afford the bike without selling shoes, I'd just do that. Selling shoes to make the cost of the bike just hurt less is tempting, but I's avoid that if you can.

I'm the one buying a bike, and I can afford it straight up... but I also am just sitting on these shoes doing nothing. Some of them I'll likely never wear, so I figure why not sell and use the $ for something I'd actually use

I'm the one buying a bike, and I can afford it straight up... but I also am just sitting on these shoes doing nothing. Some of them I'll likely never wear, so I figure why not sell and use the $ for something I'd actually use

Makes sense. I wear all of my shoes, but just put all of my previous daily rotations (about 15 pairs out at a time) back in their boxes as I can't go out anywhere! I have a few out for store runs and walks (beater Jordan 3 FR3, Jordan 3 infrared 23, AM95 Neon, AT3 Medicine Ball). Put away all others (mostly OG Jordan 3, 4, 5, 6, 11 colorways). I hate not being able to wear them, and the thought of them rotting away in their boxes with rest of the collection.

I know many of you collect DS shoes, and I love the look of pristine DS shoes, but I enjoy wearing them even more. Makes me not want to buy new shoes knowing I can't wear them any time soon. At this point I'm only gunning for the FR4s; nothing else I've seen inspires me enough to purchase. Been spending on Oakley X-Metals instead....now that's an even more dangerously expensive hobby! (at least they take up less space...heh)

Makes sense. I wear all of my shoes, but just put all of my previous daily rotations (about 15 pairs out at a time) back in their boxes as I can't go out anywhere! I have a few out for store runs and walks (beater Jordan 3 FR3, Jordan 3 infrared 23, AM95 Neon, AT3 Medicine Ball). Put away all others (mostly OG Jordan 3, 4, 5, 6, 11 colorways). I hate not being able to wear them, and the thought of them rotting away in their boxes with rest of the collection.

I know many of you collect DS shoes, and I love the look of pristine DS shoes, but I enjoy wearing them even more. Makes me not want to buy new shoes knowing I can't wear them any time soon. At this point I'm only gunning for the FR4s; nothing else I've seen inspires me enough to purchase. Been spending on Oakley X-Metals instead....now that's an even more dangerously expensive hobby! (at least they take up less space...heh)

Dude I used to have a pair of those Oakleys back in the day, when I was still in HS.

Some of the shoes I'm considering selling are double-ups, and some that don't fit. That said, I have 2015 Chicagos in my size that are DS and now it is even harder to wear them knowing that they're worth $1.5k... its like a catch 22

Dude I used to have a pair of those Oakleys back in the day, when I was still in HS.

Some of the shoes I'm considering selling are double-ups, and some that don't fit. That said, I have 2015 Chicagos in my size that are DS and now it is even harder to wear them knowing that they're worth $1.5k... its like a catch 22

Yeah, I'd sell those double ups and those that don't fit now that the market has peaked (unless you wear out your shoes quickly?). If the Chicagos were worth retail and you'd wear them, the fact that they're worth so much now shouldn't change anything; just wear them and enjoy! That said, if they're not a pair you'd regularly reach for, I'd dump them.

For me, WC4, Black Infrared 6, BC4, and BC3 are staples; I don't care what they're worth, I wouldn't sell them. I did have a double up of the BC4, but not to store or resell; I just ended up with it from RD to ensure I got at least one pair (think order cancellation f*ckery, lost shipments, really bad QC, etc.). I just sold those. I'm kicking myself for returning a double up of the WC4s back then; should have just held onto them for a few years......oh well.

Twice in my life I took a hard look at my collection and unloaded a lot of pairs that I had sitting. Maybe two pairs were DS from just not having a chance to wear them yet, but I wore and took great care of them.
The first time I sold a quarter of my collection to help with design school tuition.
The second time, I sold all (close to maybe 30-40 pairs) except for OG 1s, OG Concords, retro 1s, Spacejams, and Tiffany Dunks to help with a down payment on a home.

I guess my long-winded point is I relate to selling off shoes to create liquid capital for other things. It has also made me more discreet with what I buy now, as I focus on other hobbies since sneakers are harder to keep up with now.

Back
Top Bottom