Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Should’ve been worn for the start of the 93-94 season but Mike’s retirement prompted Nike to put out the new model Air Jordan 9 instead. GS sizes are the only pics of the unicorn but supposedly there are adult sizes out there in the wild owned by collectors.

F90A78ED-4224-4ACE-8F3A-2856B68208EA.jpeg

Never heard of those. Interesting..

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Should’ve been worn for the start of the 93-94 season but Mike’s retirement prompted Nike to put out the new model Air Jordan 9 instead. GS sizes are the only pics of the unicorn but supposedly there are adult sizes out there in the wild owned by collectors.

I thought they were just samples that didn't make the cut. Those do look like fakes. Whats the V on the tongue about?

Yeah the 45 was one of those old legends that people knew existed but were really rare like OG Black and Gold 1’s or the 4th OG colorway of the Air Jordan 8
Off topic but do you have any pics of those to you named?

I thought they were just samples that didn't make the cut. Those do look like fakes. Whats the V on the tongue about?

V I believe was meant to stand for Victory or Victorious I believe. Tinker is weird who knows but many people have said that these were meant to go into production being that there are Sky Jordan and Baby Jordan sizes mostly seen. Most sample only pairs are in adult sizes particularly either as 9 or Michael’s size.

Off topic but do you have any pics of those to you named?

35D845D3-2F31-4F3A-80A3-BDE4A02DF646.jpeg

I remember pics of the Black and Gold being in circulation and there was a huge convo as to the legitimacy of them since supposedly a pair does exist that was only F&F. We’ve had 2 retros based on them as well from ‘03 and ‘13 and their was also pics of the fabled but supposedly legitimate Laker colored 1’s. Didn’t someone buy the right shoe of the OG Laker 1 for a ton of bread? If anyone can provide extra info it would be appreciated. I’m getting really curious all over again.

The 45 is trash. If there’s any desire for it, it’s only based on that one factor, “exclusitivity.” No one can say it looks better or has more significance than the 23.

I don’t believe one person said it necessarily looked better or had any more significance the 23. That’s you saying all that.

By the beard of Zeus those things are disgusting

I don’t believe one person said it necessarily looked better or had any more significance the 23. That’s you saying all that.
The 23 version will always have more significance than the 45 for obvious reasons. But the 45 version is important to people that know or followed that period of time in 1995. Seeing that shoe for the first time in Game 1 against the Magic had me floored lol. I watched and listened to every game on the radio I possibly could. Always looking at his feet. But when these were debuted going against the uniform policy and all, everyone was talking about them. The shoes even made the news because he was getting fined for wearing them. I have always wanted these because of the memories back then, thinking it will never happen due to him going back to 23. Did I want the Concords that actually released? Oh yeah, but would always think about the 45 on the back being cool to have. Nothing against anybody that didn't, but if you grew up around that time being a Bulls/MJ fan, you would understand the significance of the 45.

The 23 version will always have more significance than the 45 for obvious reasons. But the 45 version is important to people that know or followed that period of time in 1995. Seeing that shoe for the first time in Game 1 against the Magic had me floored lol. I watched and listened to every game on the radio I possibly could. Always looking at his feet. But when these were debuted going against the uniform policy and all, everyone was talking about them. The shoes even made the news because he was getting fined for wearing them. I have always wanted these because of the memories back then, thinking it will never happen due to him going back to 23. Did I want the Concords that actually released? Oh yeah, but would always think about the 45 on the back being cool to have. Nothing against anybody that didn't, but if you grew up around that time being a Bulls/MJ fan, you would understand the significance of the 45.

Personally I don't really care about the 45 or 23, though I would prefer 23 if given a choice. But it's minor to me, I'm just glad the actual shoe shape and patent looks better than it has in a long, long time. But I vividly remember MJ debuting these things against the Magic. I was watching the game with a friend and I said, hey, WTF shoes is Jordan wearing? And then there was a reasonable close-up shot and my buddy said, wait, are those ... patent leather??? Uhhh, yeah, it appears so, I replied. We both just made a face and looked at each other like, wait, what? LOL. There was barely a sneaker presence online back then, and release dates weren't really known unless you asked your local store or called Nike. I went to the mall the next day thinking this new patent leather Jordan might be available already, because back then players didn't really rock stuff months in advance. MJ always until then had debuted the new Jordan during All-Star weekend, followed by it going on sale within like a week, if I recall correctly. I remember being confused when I walked into Footlocker the next day and no XIs were there, and none of the staff had a clue about those shoes. Damn, how is that 23 years ago LOL

The first time I realized they were able to be bought is through an SI mag ad with the shoe and a phone number. I even called it 2-3 times, never an answer. Then Eastbay had them in their mag. When I called them, said they were gone. I never actually saw them in person, or in a mall. So the news that these were sitting for a while because people weren't feeling them surprised me. I could never find them.

Patent leather is what makes this shoe great. FOR the life of me, I don’t understand why folks want to see as little of it as possible. I remember being a little disappointed looking at my 2009 pair and then seeing the photos of the 2000

The first time I realized they were able to be bought is through an SI mag ad with the shoe and a phone number. I even called it 2-3 times, never an answer. Then Eastbay had them in their mag. When I called them, said they were gone. I never actually saw them in person, or in a mall. So the news that these were sitting for a while because people weren't feeling them surprised me. I could never find them.

Yup. By the time the fall came around I had figured out when the XIs were releasing but it was strange that summer of '95 when Mike just threw them on out of the blue in that series.
And also, yeah, people on NT for years have told tales of the concords sitting when they dropped. That was not the case in my area in metro Detroit, I can assure you. They were gone in a day, and I never saw them in a store again.

I posted this today in the official Kobe 360 thread (more thoughts and pics posted there) but real quick, I like the Concords so much, it was a no-brainer to know what to do with the Kobe II IDs I made back in 2007. Just pulled these out today for the first time in forever, I think I've worn them five or six times max in 11 years. Gonna start wearing them, I think enough time has passed :rofl:

kb3.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom