Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Definitely didn’t sit out here in Vegas either...This is actually the first Jordan’s that I had to actively search out to find a pair...I went to two malls and couple Sports Authority’s before I found a pair in my size...Thought that was the craziest thing at the time...

If you weren’t around at the time you just don’t know...Our local NBC Station ran the Ahmad Rashad segment during their sports rundown...These things caught everybody off guard and honestly nobody knew what to think about a basketball shoe with patent leather...

Definitely didn’t sit out here in Vegas either...This is actually the first Jordan’s that I had to actively search out to find a pair...I went to two malls and couple Sports Authority’s before I found a pair in my size...Thought that was the craziest thing at the time...

Ha, yeah man, it was the first time I ever saw a shoe sell out on day one and be gone forever. That was UNHEARD of back then. Jordans could be found throughout the entire year in most colorways--up until the XI. For me, it will always be the shoe that changed the entire system in terms of availability.

I have a larger version of it framed, I found somewhere random online a couple of years ago. They took the phone number off but whatever LOL
concord.jpg

I need this. If anyone knows where to get a good poster like that let me know.

I need this. If anyone knows where to get a good poster like that let me know.

I'll try to remember later to look around the web and see if I can figure out where I got it. It's not an official Nike poster, someone made it. I found it on a site like Redbubble (but it wasn't red bubble) or Cafe Press, or something like that. Just a site where people sell things they have made. This was only a couple or three years ago, not way back in the day, either.

I remember that game as well and I remember them being mocked for the most part cause they were so odd but people were intrigued because it had been a little while since an Air Jordan was talked about regularly. Only the dope boys kept up with the retirement years Jordan’s and at that time there was a lot of heat Nike was putting out that put Jordan’s on the back burner for a little while. When the Boys II Men performance happened though along with the Black and Red 11’s that’s when the Air Jordan 11 conversation went from skeptical to pandemonium. I was begging my Dad for a pair.

I didn’t realize MJ’s legs were so muscular lol

How do you think he could fly, man? :rofl:
People forget these days, because a long time has passed and by the second threepeat MJ had evolved his game hugely. But in-his-prime athletics-wise, Jordan was the most explosive NBA athlete I’ve ever seen. He was a walking fast-twitch muscle. LeBron at his peak athleticism was amazing but it was exaggerated because of his size. In my opinion Mike is yet to be equalled in sheer explosiveness and jumping ability.

Last edited:
How do you think he could fly, man? :rofl:
People forget these days, because a long time has passed and by the second threepeat MJ had evolved his game hugely. But in-his-prime athletics-wise, Jordan was the most explosive NBA athlete I’ve ever seen. He was a walking fast-twitch muscle. LeBron at his peak athleticism was amazing but it was exaggerated because of his size. In my opinion Mike is yet to be equalled in sheer exposiveness and jumping ability.
I was 7 in 96 lol. I remember watching MJ play but I was super young lol. I def remember fade away MJ more than super explosive MJ lol. Both were monsters.Prime MJ was more explosive than Russ?

Slam magazine too :pimp:

Slam magazine led me to NT, I think it was the debut of the Jordan 14 or 15 that credited NT which led me here and it was a B to find too, but so worth it. I was used to look forward to the annual Kicks magazine too. I had years of those things saved that got damaged in Hurricane Harvey.:frown: Also Eastbay was another good way of checking out kicks.

Back
Top Bottom