Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

JB please bring back OG 11 tracks.
eastbay-memory-lane-summer-1996-air-jordan-xi-11-black-red.jpg

Last edited:
I say this to everyone i talk to and i dont think they get it.. you would see mike going up with the ball and you think its going to be a lay up because It didnt look like he gathered enough speed/height to dunk...then all of a sudden, mid air, he kept going higher...climbing in the air.. and it turned into a dunk. He did this many times and i have yet to see anyone do this.

I'm 41 years young now, not sure how that happened. Feel the same as always, BTW. But I have enough experience to know now that memories are short. Time goes by real fast, and all the young bucks in here will find out soon enough LOL. Point is, people tend to latch onto what is happening now. Me included. Just saying, MJ--whatever the hell he has become in the years since his playing days ended--was unreal, and people forget what an athletic machine he was. Just effing DEVASTATING night in and night out. Never have seen anything like it. I love Kobe, and I respect LeBron to no end. Neither are Jordan. Close, but I've still never seen anything quite like that guy and the shots/dunks he pulled off in actual games.

C82F039E-6155-477E-8AA5-C668748D24E1.jpeg

These look like they’ll be even closer to the OG shape than the SJ or WL82/96.

I can’t help but feel salty that the Infrareds or OG 4s will look no different than what we’ve gotten
FYI, notice the elongated toe box on the 2018 pic compared to the rest. Fakes usually have that issue

I'm 41 years young now, not sure how that happened. Feel the same as always, BTW. But I have enough experience to know now that memories are short. Time goes by real fast, and all the young bucks in here will find out soon enough LOL. Point is, people tend to latch onto what is happening now. Me included. Just saying, MJ--whatever the hell he has become in the years since his playing days ended--was unreal, and people forget what an athletic machine he was. Just effing DEVASTATING night in and night out. Never have seen anything like it. I love Kobe, and I respect LeBron to no end. Neither are Jordan. Close, but I've still never seen anything quite like that guy and the shots/dunks he pulled off in actual games.
Theres a video with artists critiquing Michael Jackson and one of the dancers notes how MJ would express him self and exude energy with his performance by being aware of every square inch of his body from toe nail to head. Thats how the other MJ moved and performed. I think both have that similar awareness and physical ability that no one else seems to be blessed with. And somehow we were blessed to see both in the same decade. That 'thing' they both shared is why both are regarded as the very peak of their profession and why the public holds them to such an unprecedented pedestal. A trait no other humans in our recorded history seem to have possessed at such a high level. That thing is also why Jordan photograhed so well.

But specifically, regarding his hang time, take what I just explained and go watch some clips from the 80s. Notice how Jordan lifts his lower legs up when he jumps and swings them up toward his *** like a pendulum at the precise moment he needs to in mid air. He uses his upper body in similar fashion. Like a second spring action after the initial jump at the apex. It makes him leap in the shape of a plateau instead of a mountain. Like princess peach in mario 2. Ive noticed other players attempt to mimic it but Jordan perfected it with that full body control/awareness.

So combined with obvious focus on strengthening his glutes and hamstrings evidenced by that pic of him on the floor with his red/black Air Ships on, these things are why he was able to 'fly'. Strength, grace, and technique.

Someone either taught this dude astoundingly well or Jordan is astonishingly insightful.

Last edited:
He just made everything look better. Had so much style. I know style is not really relevant..its about how you put the ball in the basket but id rather watch jordan than kobe or lebron

I kept my pair DS. I'm glad I never wore them, too.

I ended up using them, in a trade for some OG HEAT...

8)

WP_20170208_16_23_42_Rich.jpg
WP_20170208_16_23_51_Rich.jpg
WP_20180511_19_38_29_Pro.jpg
WP_20180511_19_42_15_Rich.jpg
WP_20180511_19_45_22_Rich.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

THEE BEST Air Jordan XI ever, right here. The Concord's, are in a SUPER close second though.

I’m passing on the Concord but these, ooh man I need again. Had the OG and the 2001, they are the best 11 hands down.

I didn’t even mind when my ogs sole starting turnin orange lol

Hopefully they don’t stick the 45 when the bring them back

One of the main reasons why the black and red 11s are the goat sneaker is because it's a 11, but there are no deprecating assets like the mesh on the white based 11s, or yellowing soles. Can't wait for the "og" like version with a thick Pl cut hopefully next year regardless if it's #23 or #45

One of the main reasons why the black and red 11s are the goat sneaker is because it's a 11, but there are no deprecating assets like the mesh on the white based 11s, or yellowing soles. Can't wait for the "og" like version with a thick Pl cut hopefully next year regardless if it's #23 or #45
agree. plus the color blocking is just done to perfection

That DMP Jumpman is painful. When they leaked pics in 05 a bunch of us, me included, complained that this would eventually happen. SMH. The Jumpman on my DMP VI's is almost all the way gone too. Terrible idea for the long term.

Dillards is where I struck gold, with my original pair of Blk/Red 11's EVERYWHERE in Houston had sold out (for a while) and about a week after I'd finally given up finding them. I was randomly shopping at Dillards, saw them on display, and sure enough they had my size. I'll never forget that day, my mom thought I was insane because I'd just bought the black I.E's, I think that's when i completely surrendered to my sneaker addiction, and it's been out of control ever since. Some of you guys may have heard of Weiners I'm not sure if it was just a Texas/Southern store, but I also fell in love with the original BC3 retro that was in the bargain bin for $14.99 there were tons of pairs zip tied together, and you got the box when you checked out (that's how terrible they sold back then). I had no clue what I was buying I just knew they were Jordan's ) and $14.99 so I could even afford to buy them on my own.

Heck yeah I remember Wieners lol. My Mom used to get my school clothes there when I was coming up. But jeez $14.99 for BC3?! Wow I wish my mom would’ve seen that.

I can't recall the Dillards and JC Penney in Mesquite carrying OG's

I couldn't find a pair of Bred 13's for the life of me. My twin brother got the last 10.5 (from Oshman's) in all the stores I called. I had to settle for Pro Strongs

I might be the odd ball out but the black/red Xi aren’t my favorite og Xi. My personal list is
1.95 P.E( if we counting P.E’s)
2.Concords
3.Black/reds
4. Columbias
I Got my 95 P.E’s (space jams) and I all I need is these Concords and I’m good as far OG Xi’s

Last edited:
Space Jam
Black True Red
Concord
Cool Grey

I already owned the space Jam before getting rid of them. I’m not a huge 11 fan which isn’t why i didn’t get the 2016. The concords will hold me over until the Breds or cool Grey comes back. I’ll wait for th next Space Jam. They might even finally drop a true retro of the movie pair one day.

All of the above lmao. Every one of them has been a #1 favorite at some point except the SJ's.. those are literally at the bottom of every list and a little overrated to me. In 95/96 the Black and Red had my heart and solidified my sneaker craze. That stayed that way for years then the CG's came out in in like 01 and eventually those became my favorite (Grey is my fav shade/color). Then I got a hold of DMPs which was my first ever pair of Concord type 11s. When you wear a Concord 11... it changes the game. I really cant pic between any of them..

Top 3 for me will be

Black/red
Space jam (grew up loving that movie, still watch it till this day lol)
DMP (mostly because of the memories)

I love 11s because they have yet to butchered the highs. We don’t get 5-10 colorways a year. The lows are a different story lol

Back
Top Bottom