Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Believe or not, I actually predicted the black red color way before it came out. Not that it was ground breaking, but I thought intially they would just replace the purple or Concord with red. A black red upper with a blue tint sole wouldn't look right. Maybe they didn't want to do a clear sole. Or Maybe they wanted to try to separate it from the 95 pe. IDK. But I wish I still had my drawing of the black red xi I did before it actually came out. It just made sense that they would come out that way. I still hope one day we will see a clear sole black and red with true pl. Just like I'd like to see a white black pl with a red outsole.
All black with a red jumpman like this wouldve blown people away

images

like just put the sole from the le on it

AirJordan11LowIEexplained-3bred.png

I really wanted the all black XI that came out earlier in the year. Didn't get though. Don't want to pay the resell. First thing I thought about doing if I did was paint the Jumpman red if possible.

That first appearance had kids trippin out

It wasnt just the patent either. Those things looked like they came straight from outer space at the time
Had he trippin for sure. The VI started this all for me. The VII took it over. The XI took this whole sneaker thing to a different level. Nothing compares to the first time I saw these shoes.

Pretty much changed the whole shoe landscape. If the XI didn't happen, along with MJ winning chips 3 years straight. Where would the shoe scene be? Without him?.

The IVs started it for me. The Vs with that clear sole and Jumpman beneath it blew our minds back then. Then the next few but honestly several other shoes eclipsed Jordans a bit in there as well in terms of innovations that geeked us out in my area: Air Force Maxes, Flight Huaraches ... it was a sick freaking era with each design wilder with each drop. But the XIs, as I said, were the first shoe that came and went in a day. At least in my area. And then things started to change across the board. This shoe represents a clear demarcation line in my perception of this whole sneaker madness evolution.

The IVs started it for me. The Vs with that clear sole and Jumpman beneath it blew our minds back then. Then the next few but honestly several other shoes eclipsed Jordans a bit in there as well in terms of innovations that geeked us out in my area: Air Force Maxes, Flight Huaraches ... it was a sick freaking era with each design wilder with each drop. But the XIs, as I said, were the first shoe that came and went in a day. At least in my area. And then things started to change across the board. This shoe represents a clear demarcation line in my perception of this whole sneaker madness evolution.

All that and 11s also brought to my attention release dates, and shoes actually sold out and they weren't getting restocks back then....

Edit: Man I loved those Wednesday releases too skipped first half of class, to show up at school midday with the new Jordan's snapping necks like crazy. Mom was actually cool with it, and grandma took me.. they thought I was insane though...

Last edited:
you mustve got good grades

Yup straight A nerd up until I graduated, I doubt moms woulda let me do that if I was a bad student. Plus Jordan's only released like once every 3 months or so back then. Definitely not like now, where they have at least 1 release a week. It was kind of my reward for keeping good grades actuallly...

Back
Top Bottom