Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Replace Columbia's with '95 PE's and these are the only 11's I'll ever need. Columbia's and Cool Greys have never done it for me.
jordan_og_xi_group1.jpg

Funny, the black/reds have always been my third-favorite behind the concords and Space Jams/'95 PE. I've recounted this story before in here, but I was so bummed out when I went to the mall to buy the "black" XIs in spring of '96. Assumed it would be the same black XI MJ wore in the '95 playoffs. Instead, when I saw the black/reds ... I still bought them, but I never liked that shoe nearly as much as the concords and Mike's original black '95 pair. They have grown on me over the years, though. I'll definitely buy a pair or two when the next proper retro comes along, but they don't hold a candle to the concords in my opinion. There's just something about the white/black contrast that, to me, basically makes the shoe what it is.

I need this. If anyone knows where to get a good poster like that let me know.

Hey dude, I looked around and am pretty sure I found that poster on Etsy. It's no longer available there, though. I looked at a couple sites in search of it but no such luck. It was two or three years ago that I bought it so that explains why. Sorry I can't seem to find more copies of it available.

Hey dude, I looked around and am pretty sure I found that poster on Etsy. It's no longer available there, though. I looked at a couple sites in search of it but no such luck. It was two or three years ago that I bought it so that explains why. Sorry I can't seem to find more copies of it available.

That makes sense. Thanks for looking! I figured it would be gone.. I slept lol. Theyll probably bring it back later this year for the release.

Funny, the black/reds have always been my third-favorite behind the concords and Space Jams/'95 PE. I've recounted this story before in here, but I was so bummed out when I went to the mall to buy the "black" XIs in spring of '96. Assumed it would be the same black XI MJ wore in the '95 playoffs. Instead, when I saw the black/reds ... I still bought them, but I never liked that shoe nearly as much as the concords and Mike's original black '95 pair. They have grown on me over the years, though. I'll definitely buy a pair or two when the next proper retro comes along, but they don't hold a candle to the concords in my opinion. There's just something about the white/black contrast that, to me, basically makes the shoe what it is.
Enough! Blasphemy!!

Enough! Blasphemy!!
:lol:
Look, I didn't say they are bad, just that they are not my favorite XI. Back in '96, a basketball shoe with patent leather and red soles was just a bit over the top and gaudy.
In my opinion, the concords are the truest expression of Tinker's design intent with this shoe, as influenced by MJ: a shoe you can wear with a tux. The black patent rand wrapping around a white upper is reminiscent of the spats Depression-era gangsters wore; the XI is a dress shoe morphed into a bball shoe, no colorway of it fits that description as well as the concords do. It is THE colorway I think of when I think of the XI.

Heck yeah I remember Wieners lol. My Mom used to get my school clothes there when I was coming up. But jeez $14.99 for BC3?! Wow I wish my mom would’ve seen that.

My biggest steal to this day... even though I had no idea what I had at the time. We're just lucky that the whole retro thing started back up again, considering how poorly the first run sold.

There was a kid in Jr High who had all 3 retros in 94. I thought he looked nerdy af in them lol

No one thought they were dope. In fact I remember it making kids wish 'the ones with the net on the side' would come out pretty much unbiasedly confirming that Jordans werent on people's radar until atleast the 4. Except for maybe the 1, but that 94 1 was a clown shoe.

There was a kid in Jr High who had all 3 retros in 94. I thought he looked nerdy af in them lol

No one thought they were dope. In fact I remember it making kids wish 'the ones with the net on the side' would come out pretty much unbiasedly confirming that Jordans werent on people's radar until atleast the 4. Except for maybe the 1, but that 94 1 was a clown shoe.

Ironically the only reason I bought those 3s was the jumpman on the the tongue. Really could a cared less about a nike air heel tab.... now I dont even mess with threes unless they have the NA heeltab.

:lol:
Look, I didn't say they are bad, just that they are not my favorite XI. Back in '96, a basketball shoe with patent leather and red soles was just a bit over the top and gaudy.
In my opinion, the concords are the truest expression of Tinker's design intent with this shoe, as influenced by MJ: a shoe you can wear with a tux. The black patent rand wrapping around a white upper is reminiscent of the spats Depression-era gangsters wore; the XI is a dress shoe morphed into a bball shoe, no colorway of it fits that description as well as the concords do. It is THE colorway I think of when I think of the XI.
I completely get all this. But for me personally, black and red Jordans trumped all. Playoff time..

I have only been into runners for the past few years. This will be my first jordan since the space jam 16’. Feeling pretty excited about this one. I need flint 13s to retro now

I completely get all this. But for me personally, black and red Jordans trumped all. Playoff time..
And I get that, too. I like them, just not as much as concords and Space Jams. Will definitely get some new pairs whenever they drop again. Just not four or five like I plan to with the concords LOL

Nice. So far everything is looking good. Let’s speculate on production numbers. Will I have a hard time securing a second pair at or above retail? Or nah double is a must imo

They couldve just repalced the purple with red from the PE. The red sole was a let down.
Believe or not, I actually predicted the black red color way before it came out. Not that it was ground breaking, but I thought intially they would just replace the purple or Concord with red. A black red upper with a blue tint sole wouldn't look right. Maybe they didn't want to do a clear sole. Or Maybe they wanted to try to separate it from the 95 pe. IDK. But I wish I still had my drawing of the black red xi I did before it actually came out. It just made sense that they would come out that way. I still hope one day we will see a clear sole black and red with true pl. Just like I'd like to see a white black pl with a red outsole.

Nice. So far everything is looking good. Let’s speculate on production numbers. Will I have a hard time securing a second pair at or above retail? Or nah double is a must imo
It’s been stated that there will be close to 1 million men’s pairs alone. Add in the rest of full family. This will be the big Jordan release of all time

Back
Top Bottom