Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

Screenshot_2018-12-08-12-24-14-773_com.android.chrome.png
Saturday release >>>

I think most people would agree with me - you got subpar shoes with lower production numbers. That's not only with Jordan Brand but with Nike globally. Just look at how the Air Max 1 was handled back then - available but ****ty.

Worst period of the company history?

I’d say the recent allegations of harassment and gender discrimination is a bigger black eye on the company than a silly release.

Worst period of the company history?

I’d say the recent allegations of harassment and gender discrimination is a bigger black eye on the company than a silly release.
I'm speaking from a consumer side of things. I think those recent problems are not just problems that Nike has but something that is pervasive in corporate culture in general. Ethically speaking Nike has been shady at least since the mid 80s when mass production began in south-east asia.
Nike is a pretty ****ty company regarding those things but so is every global player sportswear brand.

Subpar Jordans? You forget the countdown packs?
The countdown pack was released in 2008 and I got them back then at either overkill or solebox where I live without much hassle and the release was rather nice back then with a lot of appreciative people you could talk with etc. I was mostly referring to the time period of 2011-2014.

Pulled the trigger on the overkill multiple pairs. 209ish each. 10-20 day shipping but I aint gonna wear these till next year.

No e-mail confirmation yet tho.

50 minutes after launch, European Snkrs app still had most adult sizes listed.

A couple of EU retailers do too.

So you would rather have the days of the countdown pack when the Jordans were truly subpar since you could easily get them than the days of 2011-2014 where the quality was better but you had a much difficult time getting them? Again this goes back to my original post where it's laughable you think that was Nike worst period because you couldn't obtain Jordans.

The countdown pack was released in 2008 and I got them back then at either overkill or solebox where I live without much hassle and the release was rather nice back then with a lot of appreciative people you could talk with etc. I was mostly referring to the time period of 2011-2014.

Must've been a different climate on your side of the globe. Here in Michigan, that XI/XII CDP release was chaotic! That release was when I decided to get back into buying Jordans, which I honestly was only purchasing them to hoop in (I had the Playoff XI's my freshman year of high school, so it was for nostalgic purposes). It was my first and last time camping out for shoes. Waited outside in freezing temps for hours, the mall wouldn't let us in until 8am ( arrived around 2am). There was zero organization. By the time 8am rolled around there were 50+ people, and when they unlocked the doors, everyone flooded in like something you'd see in a Black Friday video. I didn't know the layout of the mall, and by the time I got to Champs, I was deep in line. When they got to me, I was told there was only size 7.5 left. I was livid! I raced down Foot Locker, still pretty far back in line, and when it was nearing my turn I was hearing the same story, only smaller sizes left. I waited it out and somehow came away with a size 10, was only able to play in the XII's because of how tight the XI's were. I ended up copping multiple packs from Finish Line restocks that'd randomly pop-up online while refreshing the page every morning. Found out that 10.5 XI's were still too tight after playing in them once and they rubbed my pinky toes raw. Came up on a few size 11 packs, and hooped one pair of XI's into the ground. Same with the 10 and 10.5 XII's. People used to look at me crazy when I was playing in them, I didn't see what the big deal was. I still have deadstock pairs of both stacked in my bedroom. Now 200+ pairs of shoes later, it's safe to say that release created a monster.

Must've been a different climate on your side of the globe. Here in Michigan, that XI/XII CDP release was chaotic! That release was when I decided to get back into buying Jordans, which I honestly was only purchasing them to hoop in (I had the Playoff XI's my freshman year of high school, so it was for nostalgic purposes). It was my first and last time camping out for shoes. Waited outside in freezing temps for hours, the mall wouldn't let us in until 8am ( arrived around 2am). There was zero organization. By the time 8am rolled around there were 50+ people, and when they unlocked the doors, everyone flooded in like something you'd see in a Black Friday video. I didn't know the layout of the mall, and by the time I got to Champs, I was deep in line. When they got to me, I was told there was only size 7.5 left. I was livid! I raced down Foot Locker, still pretty far back in line, and when it was nearing my turn I was hearing the same story, only smaller sizes left. I waited it out and somehow came away with a size 10, was only able to play in the XII's because of how tight the XI's were. I ended up copping multiple packs from Finish Line restocks that'd randomly pop-up online while refreshing the page every morning. Found out that 10.5 XI's were still too tight after playing in them once and they rubbed my pinky toes raw. Came up on a few size 11 packs, and hooped one pair of XI's into the ground. Same with the 10 and 10.5 XII's. People used to look at me crazy when I was playing in them, I didn't see what the big deal was. I still have deadstock pairs of both stacked in my bedroom. Now 200+ pairs of shoes later, it's safe to say that release created a monster.
It probably was - europeans were always more into running sneakers than basketball sneakers anyways. The most chaotic release back in the day of 2008/9 was the Solebox and Asics Gel Lyte 3 release. I didn't try back then because those were the bad ones. Getting basketball sneakers was pretty easy back then here anyway.

But the big difference is that the Internet gradually became bigger and tastes became more homogenized - save for a couple of differences. The worst experience I had with buying Jordans was the 2012 Jordan XII release - the people there were the worst. And so many of them. And the shoes were terrible, lol. That was a far cry from 2008. I much prefer it like it is now - simply get up early and get them online without stress. Plus better materials and closer to OG models.

I don't have anything against hypebeast models or fashion because that's a legitimate marketplace for some people - but formerly mass produced shoes don't belong there and I'm glad we left those times.

I had no luck finding a size 12.5 on any of the Euro sites. I guess i'll just have to buy a size 13 when they release this morning.

This eased my worries about the customs tax...

"As agreed in the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, signed by President Barack Obama Feb. 24, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced that March 10, it raised the value of a shipment of merchandise imported by one person on one day that generally may be imported free of duties and taxes from $200 to $800. This raising of the de minimis exemption is due to an amendment of the Tariff Act of 1930 included in the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015.

Shipments valued at $800 or less for the de minimis exemption will be eligible under the same processes and with the same restrictions that currently apply to de minimis shipments of $200 or less."

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/de-minimis-value-increases-800

I placed an order with sneakAvenue. Still gonna try for one more pair from NDC when 10am rolls around.

My boy scooped the random drop from Nike last month. Said he doesn't like the higher patent cut that's been on the last few retros and liked that lowass patent that was on the cool greys lmaoooo.

He's a bum.
i got a homie that posted his 18 pair next to 11s and DMPs talkin bout “i wish they made the patent low like all the others”

:smh:

I was listening to a Houston radio station earlier today in the car and they were talking about the Concords. The DJ mentioned that Houston is Jordan Brands #1 market, "nobody buys more Jordan's than Houston". The way he said it came off as if this was published somewhere... I doubt that claim but can anyone confirm this? Feel like NYC would be #1.

This eased my worries about the customs tax...

"As agreed in the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015, signed by President Barack Obama Feb. 24, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) announced that March 10, it raised the value of a shipment of merchandise imported by one person on one day that generally may be imported free of duties and taxes from $200 to $800. This raising of the de minimis exemption is due to an amendment of the Tariff Act of 1930 included in the Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015.

Shipments valued at $800 or less for the de minimis exemption will be eligible under the same processes and with the same restrictions that currently apply to de minimis shipments of $200 or less."

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/national-media-release/de-minimis-value-increases-800

I placed an order with sneakAvenue. Still gonna try for one more pair from NDC when 10am rolls around.

E7CAFF71-FCF0-4A31-A394-3AE6A9867DE9.gif

Back
Top Bottom