Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

I forget who it was on here that told this story (that some of you probably heard) but I thought it was so interesting to hear coming from someone who lived through it in person:

I saw this OG head I know who is a few years older than me and was in high school for the 95-96 drops. Dude said he saw the Concords and they ended up selling out so he never got a pair. Then he saw MJ playing in SJ's on TV and went to his local store asking about them. Twice he was told that they would get them and finally on what was supposed to be the RD, he shows up and they bring out the box and when they open it.. he says "guess was inside the box!!" So I go .. "The Black and Reds :lol: " and he's like "The F'ing Black and Reds.. I was like WTF is this???"

:lol: I was dying.. the way they bamboozled the OG's back then who wanted SJ's and never saw the Playoffs coming is a hilariously dope story to hear. And on top of that.. they never even dropped them so when SJ's came out in 01 dude said he lined up at 4am and copped 3 pairs. A bunch of stuff that most people didnt do at that time. It's stories like these that make me love the hobby because I have my own story as most of us do and to hear a similar or different perspective is dope.

I meant to post this Saturday but between work and more releases this week ..its been a lot lol.

I remember that story earlier in the thread

I personally think concords looked better with baggier jeans like what we wore when they originally released. The wider opening swallowing up the shoe was they way to go with these. Tapered denim all day with 1s for sure, but trends aside, these dont benefit from the current look.
Spot on. Couldn't agree with you more.

I forget who it was on here that told this story (that some of you probably heard) but I thought it was so interesting to hear coming from someone who lived through it in person:

I saw this OG head I know who is a few years older than me and was in high school for the 95-96 drops. Dude said he saw the Concords and they ended up selling out so he never got a pair. Then he saw MJ playing in SJ's on TV and went to his local store asking about them. Twice he was told that they would get them and finally on what was supposed to be the RD, he shows up and they bring out the box and when they open it.. he says "guess was inside the box!!" So I go .. "The Black and Reds :lol: " and he's like "The F'ing Black and Reds.. I was like WTF is this???"

:lol: I was dying.. the way they bamboozled the OG's back then who wanted SJ's and never saw the Playoffs coming is a hilariously dope story to hear. And on top of that.. they never even dropped them so when SJ's came out in 01 dude said he lined up at 4am and copped 3 pairs. A bunch of stuff that most people didnt do at that time. It's stories like these that make me love the hobby because I have my own story as most of us do and to hear a similar or different perspective is dope.

I meant to post this Saturday but between work and more releases this week ..its been a lot lol.

I've said this before, but yeah, I was basically just like that guy. I was in college for that release. I'd been anticipating the release of the black 11s for months, ever since the previous year's playoffs when MJ wore the "Space Jams." I went to the mall when it opened, walked to Footlocker and saw a little poster they had put up in front of the store promoting the release. And it had a picture of the black/reds on it. I stopped dead in my tracks and did the same thing, basically I said out loud, wait, WHAT is THAT? I bought them, but I was completely confused and definitely pissed off LOL.

That release was also notable for me because later in the day, I was telling some of my friends about how there were like 15 people lined up outside Footlocker before it opened that morning. They were like, huh? What do you mean? And I'm going, yeah, really, people were LINED up before the store even opened. It was most unusual. We'd never seen such a thing up until then. Can you imagine?

So this is before/after two weeks of wear then according to Foamer.

thumbnail_Image.jpg

thumbnail_Image-1.jpg

Thats a pretty significant dofference. Look at the first dip in the PL by the leather heel area...the OG 18 retros looks twice as large at that section.

On another note, I think i prefer the jumpman being "backwards" facing the numbers.

I was only talking about the height of the shoe, not the patent leather

I actually wish the Concords came back with that same outsole your Columbia's have. That to me is actually spot-on, if not the closest to 95 OG status. :nthat: The outsole on your Colombia's are :emoji_ok_hand:.

That’s what I was telling my wife when I took the pictures, the sole is exactly the same as the OGs

That may have been me, at that time everyone was waiting for the 'black patents" he wore against the magic, the concords were getting dirty and worn out it was time for the black ones. Nope. Red bs on the bottom. Nothing was wrong with the purple hits, all they needed to do was make the white part black. They had one job. What could be better than concords? Black concords of course. NOPE, HERES SOME WITH RED ON IT THANK US LATER

Has anyones spot ever done something like this for a release:

I show up 30 minutes early for my reserved pair at FTL. There’s already a like 20 plus. They don’t announce anything and then just open up (8 minutes late) and individually check everyone out. When I am about 4 people from the register, someone from the staff goes “ anyone have a reserved pair step over here” and I was checked out in less than 10minutes after that. Come to find out they were selling “ FCFS” pairs and then giving our tickets for any additional pairs that went unclaimed after 3pm while also checking our reserved pairs.

1st question was why were people with reserved pairs not checked out first?

2nd question why would any pairs hve gone to a FCFS scenario ?

No answers were given. I tried to swap out my box because it was beat up but the staff wasn’t having it after me asking questions about their ****y handling of the release.

Anyways, my one pair came out great and no complaints. You guys grabbing multiples are crazy but respect either way.My pair from 01 is still holding up nicely so I’m prolly set on Cords for at least another decade plus

rainking rainking I think it was you who shared the story :lol: !

Or tonytobacco tonytobacco . My story is basically just what I said above, had nothing to do with another person or all that extra detail LOL. Either way, yup, the point is the exact same. I don't even remember how I knew the shoes were releasing on that day but didn't know what they looked like. I probably had just asked an employee at some point, or even called the Nike 800 number and said, "When do the black Air Jordans release?" I (we all?) just assumed it would be the ones MJ had worn in the 95 playoffs. I took those black/reds home and just kept looking at them and thinking, man this sucks, I don't even like this shoe. Funny thing is, that pair is the only one of my OG shoes I still have. Its on a shelf in one of my bookcases LOL

Back
Top Bottom