Air Jordan 11 Retro "Concord" - December 8, 2018 release - $220 #45

they only sold out because of the concords

This doesn’t even begin to make any sense. If the Concords themselves didn’t sell out (which they didn’t, at least not for a couple months after they dropped), they wouldn’t cause any of the following color ways to sell out either. The Columbias were the next colorway and those didn’t sell out at ALL.

No, the black/reds sold out because people liked them, at least initially, better than the first two colorways. This shoe, in that color blocking, had people drooling. Had the breds been the first colorway, they would have still sold out. Guaranteed.

What ?

Concords most definitely sold out LOL are you serious?

And we all wanted them, which leads us to my point, which is bred 11s were the next chance to get some "patent leathers" without resorting to the church shoe altar boy colorway that came out before them thereby bringing it back to my other point about us all waiting for the better black version as a consolation prize and getting pump faked for the red ones instead.

Saying the concords sat destroys any meaning to my posts lol

2nd snkrs box touched down. No swoosh and no jdi tape.
Fed ex was late AF today. ?!?!?

20181211_184625_Burst01.jpg

What ?

Concords most definitely sold out LOL are you serious?

And we all wanted them, which leads us to my point, which is bred 11s were the next chance to get some "patent leathers" without resorting to the church shoe altar boy colorway that came out before them

Look, I had both og Concords AND the breds. Yea, the cords eventually sold out, but it took them almost two months to do so. I remember seeing them available still in some sizes even when the Columbias dropped. The breds sold out in less than a WEEKEND almost everywhere , which back then was unprecedented for Jordan’s.

Look, I had both og Concords AND the breds. Yea, the cords eventually sold out, but it took them almost two months to do so. I remember seeing them available still in some sizes even when the Columbias dropped. The breds sold out in less than a WEEKEND almost everywhere , which back then was unprecedented for Jordan’s.
it didnt even take 2 days where i lived. I dont know.

could you imagine the feeling of going into the mall and seeing some concords on the shelf in 1995? Pure fantasy.
I remember it!
In 1995/96 being in Texas a lot of people were all in on the Rockets and nobody knew about release dates. I went to the mall to play Mortal Kombat and walked by the athletes foot store and seen them on display. I was memorized and didn’t even ask for the price. People were going crazy over the Shawn Kemp Reebok’s and the Deion Sanders at the time. I asked for the concords for Xmas but parents refused to buy them. I got Mortal Kombat instead for Sega:lol:

In the winter of 96 I went to a military base exchange and saw the Jordan 11 breds on sale for $99 and instead asked for a Chicago bulls starter jacket and sega game gear instead :smh::sick:

Needless to say in 2001 I was able to scroll into the mall and buy the retro concords after school with no issues

I believe MJ actually wore a size 13.5 on the left and a 13 on the right.

I remember hearing about this. Also mikes pairs had the adjusted toe cap cuz of where he put pressure when pivoting and exploding. That pair didn’t seem to have it. I’m thinking it was just a sample size 13.

I remember it!
In 1995/96 being in Texas a lot of people were all in on the Rockets and nobody knew about release dates. I went to the mall to play Mortal Kombat and walked by the athletes foot store and seen them on display. I was memorized and didn’t even ask for the price. People were going crazy over the Shawn Kemp Reebok’s and the Deion Sanders at the time. I asked for the concords for Xmas but parents refused to buy them. I got Mortal Kombat instead for Sega:lol:

In the winter of 96 I went to a military base exchange and saw the Jordan 11 breds on sale for $99 and instead asked for a Chicago bulls starter jacket and sega game gear instead :smh::sick:

Needless to say in 2001 I was able to scroll into the mall and buy the retro concords after school with no issues
Nothing wrong with that. The breds kind of sucked at the time

The XI has become so legendary and iconic that it’s become almost impossible to imagine them not selling out. But there was a time when that was the case. When the Concords first came out, it was very controversial. You either loved it or hated it. Personally I loved it, and not since the infrared 6 had I wanted a shoe so badly. That being said, the initial sales were rather modest. It wasn’t until the turn of the year that their popularity began to increase with Mike dominating the league and the Bulls being on pace to have a record breaking season.

The Columbia was for those who liked the shoe but were anti-Bulls. I remember a lot of Orlando fans copping these.

As much as I loved the Cords, I was dying to see what a black red pair would look like. When that revelation finally took place in the spring of 96’, this became my favorite shoe ever. They outdid themselves, all while the Bulls were outdoing everyone else. I had to go to 5 stores to get a pair, and I grabbed the last size 11 at a local sporting goods store.

The debate about how fast the OG colorways sold is pointless. It clearly depended on where you lived. Concords were gone in a day in my area back then of metro Detroit. Others have said plenty of times on here that they saw them available for a long time where they lived.

The entire reason I went to the mall at opening on black/red release day was BECAUSE of what happened with the concords in my area. I did get a pair of concords around 5 pm when they dropped, but it was the last pair in my size in the store and I had called other stores first and they were all gone. So I was taking no chances on the black 11 release, and as I said, there were about 15 people (I don't remember exactly at this point) there with me for Footlocker's gate to lift. Again, it all might depend on where you lived, but I will always say that the 11s were the first shoe I EVER saw move like that, and the first time I EVER saw any sort of line at a store before the store even opened. And the whole game had changed in my eyes at that point.

I remember hearing about this. Also mikes pairs had the adjusted toe cap cuz of where he put pressure when pivoting and exploding. That pair didn’t seem to have it. I’m thinking it was just a sample size 13.
they didnt adjust anything they prob just told him that because they let yet another wonky pair past QC

The XI has become so legendary and iconic that it’s become almost impossible to imagine them not selling out. But there was a time when that was the case. When the Concords first came out, it was very controversial. You either loved it or hated it. Personally I loved it, and not since the infrared 6 had I wanted a shoe so badly. That being said, the initial sales were rather modest. It wasn’t until the turn of the year that their popularity began to increase with Mike dominating the league and the Bulls being on pace to have a record breaking season.

The Columbia was for those who liked the shoe but were anti-Bulls. I remember a lot of Orlando fans copping these.

As much as I loved the Cords, I was dying to see what a black red pair would look like. When that revelation finally took place in the spring of 96’, this became my favorite shoe ever. They outdid themselves, all while the Bulls were outdoing everyone else. I had to go to 5 stores to get a pair, and I grabbed the last size 11 at a local sporting goods store.
Thats easily the best 2pac album btw (in your av)

holla if ya hear meh

Back
Top Bottom