AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

My pair came today and Nike brought a friend with them
IMG_0138.jpeg

The bulkiness of the OGs is noticeable as the slant from the toe to the ankle area. Notice at the ankle it goes down at a slight curve and then a 45 degree angle slant to the toe. The newer retros doesn’t have that slant, they slimmed it down and does a more curve approach (banana shape). You can also see more white leather above the mudguard which signals more material surface area. The OGs are also taller and the retro is shorter in height. I’m sure others can add on differences
IMG_1108.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpeg
IMG_1125.jpeg
IMG_1124.jpeg
IMG_1114.jpeg
IMG_1125.jpeg
IMG_5552.jpeg
The leather on those OGs. :wow: This year's White/Reds are nice but the differences between them and the OGs are definitely noticeable.

The photo you provided looks like the shoe was found in storage and at the bottom of the pile.

Put it on foot and see how the shape is different.

If you can’t notice the difference in person than there’s not much else I can assist with. You either notice the differences or you don’t
So you want the puffer jacket look back?

Nobody was checking for that 💩 in 97

We were enamored with the silhouette and how they looked when you were in motion

Man we been past that realization

Everything in fashion is slimmer now so it makes sense that they slimmed down the upper
Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think it more so has to do with Nike/Jordan Brand wanting to drag out OG rereleases as long as possible. They make some changes to satisfy people and some purists but not enough for them to pass on the next iteration. If they made these 1:1 there'd be no reason for people to buy them again in 10 years or so unless they either love the shoe that much or their pair was beat, sold, etc and they don't want to pay resell for a new one.

The photo you provided looks like the shoe was found in storage and at the bottom of the pile.

Put it on foot and see how the shape is different.

If you can’t notice the difference in person then there’s not much else I can assist with. You either notice the differences or you don’t
If you expect a 25 year old shoe that I used to hoop in to still have the factory lace shape then thats a whole nother issue

Post your OGs or lead me to where you have them posted

Damn I got a pair from WSS for $170. Fedex marks em as delivered and takes a picture of the box on my doorstep at 2pm. Come home at 5 and the package is gone baby gone. Thieving *** Fedex man.

Edit: I live on the third floor of an easy-to-access building. Ill call the property manager on Monday to see if the camera on the ground floor picked up something.

Last edited:
How is it severely thrashed?

How are they not? Mad people have posted WORN ogs on here in WAY better shape than those. I don’t understand, you’re saying that your pair isn’t COOKED just because they’re intact? No man. You can’t make comparisons when the shape of the shoe has been changed from being balled in for 20 years

How are they not? Mad people have posted WORN ogs on here in WAY better shape than those. I don’t understand, you’re saying that your pair isn’t COOKED just because they’re intact? No man. You can’t make comparisons when the shape of the shoe has been changed from being balled in for 20 years
them some UGLY *** beaters lol

Scored my second pair for retail. Stores here in nyc still have lots to go around.

Resale is still around retail price as of now. So I passed on GOAT’ing a pair.

Probably could’ve waited. Nonetheless my last retail cop for the year until the white/navy 3 retro. 2 pairs.
IMG_1523.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally got notification from Nike that they shipped. Took friggin long enough. Expected delivery Wednesday, at this rate though I’ll be surprised if they get here before Christmas.

I too was stuck on preparing shipment. I saw your posts and checked snkrs on wed. Got a ups notification yesterday and mine arrived today. Hopefully yours arrive mon.

———————

My third pair (Snkrs) showed up today. One of my dsg pairs had this in the Nike box. Has anyone seen this before?

IMG_1619.jpeg

Aint been no mad pics of personal OGs posted nowhere on NT
Its very rare that anyone on this site post pics of personal OGs of any 1-13 Jordan

Balled in for 20 years????
You just threw that in out of nowhere

The part of the shoe that was being called “bulky” is still in good condition and that is what the discussion was about

them some UGLY *** beaters lol
Post a pic of you holding your OGs and post a pic of the product tag for verification

Aint been no mad pics of personal OGs posted nowhere on NT
Its very rare that anyone on this site post pics of personal OGs of any 1-13 Jordan

Balled in for 20 years????
You just threw that in out of nowhere

The part of the shoe that was being called “bulky” is still in good condition and that is what the discussion was about

Post a pic of you holding your OGs and post a pic of the product tag for verification

Bruh you just not looking. You can go as far as the last page to see a pair of taxis in beautiful condition. There are mad pics in this thread alone of og comparisons.

But anyways my gripe is more so with the sleekness of the toe and cut of the mudguard which can even be seen in the pics you posted.

Also the extra wide vamp makes it so the mudguard can’t be as thick on new pairs. Gives them a squished down appearance ala 2011-2012 XI

IMG_1351.jpeg

The lack of padding in the upper is kinda like how the 11 didn’t have it and now they do. That’s gonna be hard to differentiate in a heavily worn pair.

But like I said, props to you for holding on to them.

Back
Top Bottom