AIR JORDAN 12 Cherry Holiday 2023 - Release October 28, 2023 - Good Luck!!!

Bruh, that’s because the vast majority of “sneaker heads” today are CASUAL heads, just like yourself. And just like any industry, it’s going to target the majority. Casual heads don’t know or care that those 7s were out years before the Toronto NBA team existed. Most people call them raptors, and most people are wrong. An opinion does not become a fact just because it’s popular, or held by the majority.

And to act as if SX or Goat have some type of authority on naming rights :lol:

You OG’s just wanna be so right and old about everything. :lol: EVERYONE calls em Raptors and I literally mentioend in my first post about that it dont matter there was no Raps before they came out. Its a nickname that stuck. Just gotta accept it. :lol:

You OG’s just wanna be so right and old about everything. :lol: EVERYONE calls em Raptors and I literally mentioend in my first post about that it dont matter there was no Raps before they came out. Its a nickname that stuck. Just gotta accept it. :lol:
Not everyone calls them Raptors.
I sure as hell don't, I call them Charcoals or playoff 7's.
Same with "Cherries", I call them White/Reds.

Cherries and Candy Canes have been around WAY before the Air Jordan. And there is no way I will address a shoe with either nickname.
Also, I need clear definitions of the type of "heads" there are in the shoe world because I really dont want to be known as any of them.

Last edited:
No no, this isnt even objective nor is this anecdotal. EVERYONE calls them Raptors. Go to SX or Goat right now, what they called? :lol: Its a nickname that stuck, just how it is. This aint an opinion fam. :lol:
1673484730447.gif

I don’t allow StockX, Goat, or TikTok dictate the nicknames of sneakers

1673484730447.gif

I don’t allow StockX, Goat, or TikTok dictate the nicknames of sneakers

People were calling these Raptors before SX, Goat, or TikTok though. People been calling these Raptors forever. Lets not act like no one calls them these please, yall just frontin if you think no one calls em that.

People were calling these Raptors before SX, Goat, or TikTok though. People been calling these Raptors forever. Lets not act like no one calls them these please, yall just frontin if you think no one calls em that.
I think we all can agree that the Raptor name has been around with that pair for a long time. Def since the 2002 release. But it does not mean we have to like or accept it though. Im not a nickname fan of any kind. Personally hate nicknames people give to others. Feels too much like high school. But at this point, just release them like 92 and everyone can call them whatever hte hell they want to. If they do them right, the purple is not even gonna match whatever color the Toronto Raptors had anyway.

I think we all can agree that the Raptor name has been around with that pair for a long time. Def since the 2002 release. But it does not mean we have to like or accept it though. Im not a nickname fan of any kind. Personally hate nicknames people give to others. Feels too much like high school. But at this point, just release them like 92 and everyone can call them whatever hte hell they want to. If they do them right, the purple is not even gonna match whatever color the Toronto Raptors had anyway.

HS? I mean if you wanna see it as such but nicknames with shoes (not just Jordans) been around forever, its not really a "HS" thing.

People were calling these Raptors before SX, Goat, or TikTok though. People been calling these Raptors forever. Let’s not act like no one calls them these please, yall just frontin if you think no one calls em that.
I’m aware that people have erroneously called them “Raptors” throughout the years but just because a nickname may have “stuck around” doesn’t make it valid.

If you like the name then feel free to continue to use it. No need to pursued others to follow suit.

I am 38 and I do not.

So you are wrong.

The 45 was a joke, and aite thats cool OG you dont, but Raptors is the name that most people go for these. Like I said, every resale site has these listed as Raptors, before the SX the Goat, before IG even. Its just an identifiable nickname, it stuck, Sorry the OG's feel it isnt right, whatever that means.

I’m aware that people have erroneously called them “Raptors” throughout the years but just because a nickname may have “stuck around” doesn’t make it valid.

If you like the name then feel free to continue to use it. No need to pursued others to follow suit.

Is it really "erroneous" though. How exactly is it erroneous if its just a nickname? You can call em anything and it woudnt be "wrong". I aint telling people what they should/shoudnt call them, in fact its everyone else saying its wrong. :lol:

HS? I mean if you wanna see it as such but nicknames with shoes (not just Jordans) been around forever, its not really a "HS" thing.
Your right, its not just a HS thing. But it feels like that. I know the nicknames are relevant to today. But at my age of 42, I just simply dont get up with it. Playoff 7s are my first and favorite shoe ever. So the Raptor name will never be associated. But thats just me.

The 45 was a joke, and aite thats cool OG you dont, but Raptors is the name that most people go for these. Like I said, every resale site has these listed as Raptors, before the SX the Goat, before IG even. Its just an identifiable nickname, it stuck, Sorry the OG's feel it isnt right, whatever that means.
What's your point?

You have brought this up in multiple threads for little to no reason.

We all know people call them that. Go talk to those people. You'd probably prefer it.

Your right, its not just a HS thing. But it feels like that. I know the nicknames are relevant to today. But at my age of 42, I just simply dont get up with it. Playoff 7s are my first and favorite shoe ever. So the Raptor name will never be associated. But thats just me.

Its why I brought up the age thing, older heads are more reluctant to call them Raps cause of the whole Raps werent a team yet yadda yadda. Im 33, ive always called them Raptors, most people I know around my age call them Raptors.

On another note, Playoffs theres like how many Playoffs? Playoff 12's, 13's, 8's, etc. I rather call em Raptors, more unique.

What's your point?

You have brought this up in multiple threads for little to no reason.

We all know people call them that. Go talk to those people. You'd probably prefer it.

:lol: There was obviously context to why I brought them up in other threads, and I think that was just in one other thread. Whats wrong with you. Are you ok?

Y’all really fallin for the bait and going back and forth with this dude lol :smh:

The fact the raptors weren’t around when these initially dropped is enough to pass on this debate.

But everyone still calls it these knowing that fact so clearly theres a debate. :lol:

picasso swerve picasso swerve , you're a funny dude :lol:

Normally I wouldn't entertain this nonsense because it seems you have a problem with reading comprehension or are obviously looking for attention because you prove my initial point with every reply.

EVERYONE calls em Raptors and I literally mentioend in my first post about that it dont matter there was no Raps before they came out. Its a nickname that stuck. Just gotta accept it. :lol:
-so if "everyone" said the sky was orange you would too? because that's how we establish facts correct?
-it must matter that there were no raptors in 1992, because it makes it factually impossible that they could have that name for at least 3 years.
-no one "has to" accept anything

People been calling these Raptors forever. Lets not act like no one calls them these please, yall just frontin if you think no one calls em that.
-again, they could not have been called that "forever" because it would have been impossible in 92, 93, 94 and most of 1995.
-it was never stated that no one calls them raptors, in fact, it has been acknowledged that that is the common name, albeit inappropriate.

-again, popular opinion /=/ fact
-are you the type that just follows the crowd? You keep attempting to justify your position based on what most people are doing
-it can't be that we don't "feel" it's right, this has nothing to do with feelings. The Toronto Raptors did not exist when these were designed, that's a fact, not a feeling.

Is it really "erroneous" though. How exactly is it erroneous if its just a nickname? You can call em anything and it woudnt be "wrong". I aint telling people what they should/shoudnt call them, in fact its everyone else saying its wrong. :lol:
To my earlier point, you don't care what they're called, and that's okay. Most people don't care, and no one can make you care. But on the same token, you cannot claim OGs are just "old heading" when they do care if a sneaker is appropriately referenced.

Its why I brought up the age thing, older heads are more reluctant to call them Raps cause of the whole Raps werent a team yet yadda yadda. Im 33, ive always called them Raptors, most people I know around my age call them Raptors.

On another note, Playoffs theres like how many Playoffs? Playoff 12's, 13's, 8's, etc. I rather call em Raptors, more unique.
I'm barely older than you, and I've NEVER called them that. Also, that fact that you're looking for a "unique" name rather than an appropriate one speaks to you being a casual. Again, nothing wrong with that, you probably look at this sneaker thing as just dressing fresh when you're out and nothing more. Fair?

But everyone still calls it these knowing that fact so clearly theres a debate. :lol:
If everyone called it that as you keep claiming, how could a debate exist?

And just for the record, I don't expect to change your mind, you most likely won't even acknowledge anything in this reply, I just felt like replying :lol:

picasso swerve picasso swerve , you're a funny dude :lol:

Normally I wouldn't entertain this nonsense because it seems you have a problem with reading comprehension or are obviously looking for attention because you prove my initial point with every reply.

-so if "everyone" said the sky was orange you would too? because that's how we establish facts correct?
-it must matter that there were no raptors in 1992, because it makes it factually impossible that they could have that name for at least 3 years.
-no one "has to" accept anything

-again, they could not have been called that "forever" because it would have been impossible in 92, 93, 94 and most of 1995.
-it was never stated that no one calls them raptors, in fact, it has been acknowledged that that is the common name.

-again, popular opinion /=/ fact
-are you the type that just follows the crowd? You keep attempting to justify your position based on what most people are doing
-it can't be that we don't "feel" it right, this has nothing to do with feeling. The Toronto Raptors did not exist when these were designed, that's a fact, not a feeling.

To my earlier point, you don't care what they're called, and that's okay. Most people don't care, and no one can make you care. But on the same token, you cannot claim OGs are just "old heading" when they do care if a sneaker is appropriately referenced.

I'm barely older than you, and I've NEVER called them that. Also, that fact that you're looking for a "unique" name rather than an appropriate one speaks to you being a casual. Again, nothing wrong with that, you probably look at this sneaker thing as just dressing fresh when you're out and nothing more. Fair?

If everyone called it that as you keep claiming, how could a debate exist?

And just for the record, I don't expect to change your mind, you most likely won't even acknowledge anything in this reply, I just felt like replying lol:

I aint even gonna lie this is way too much to read, imma just say you got it big dawg, im sure it made sense. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom